corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Anyone else find some forums are poorly run..

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Anyone else find some forums are poorly run..
Rob B

User status: Offline
11th Aug 10 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

S2ki not the actual American side of it but the Uk site, the guys are jumped up jobsworth it's ridiculous.

Firstly i posted asking how much is a respectable price to charge for de-cats as i can get them made and sold over 80 B pipes for civics so have a bit of expereince with whats involved although pretty simple.

So my thread gets deleted, WHY? Because apprently if i'm selling the same item in a quantity for profit then i have to become a trader. I'm a student FFS no trader ofcourse this means me paying them a large ammount of money for the privildge of posting. All other traders on there are companys and large companys at that.

SO next, i post up saying this exact message..

Hi guys,

I have a stand at Japfest2 at Rockingham on Sunday 15th August.

I have a spare space which would be lovely to fill with another S2000.

If anyone is interested post up or feel free to PM me.

Thanks

But quoting aswell that the cost of ticket is £15 and i have one spare.

Again post gets deleted because i need to pay to sell on the site even though i'm not selling for any form of profit just offering a stand spot to any members who would rather park there than in the car park.

Tits like this kill forums!
AndyKent

11th Aug 10 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I found S2Ki was full of tossbags anyway.

They all knew better than you because they'd got a fancy car and been on a couple of trackdays.

Only forum I've ever been banned from as I told one guy what a wanker he was coming across as.
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
11th Aug 10 at 18:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's the problem with rules, you need to enforce them. From their point of view, they need a position on it, and people will take the mick if they don't stand by that. From your point of view it's just not sensible.

Above all, I think having a degree of common sense helps a lot. And I've been called a wanker loads of times.
DannyB
Premium Member

11th Aug 10 at 18:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I tend to find that any other car forum I try to use regular other than this gets boring very quickly, I'm signed u pto a fair few but very rarely post.
Rob B

11th Aug 10 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I understand what your saying Ian, but bondrys can be set without pissing people off.
Welsh Dan

11th Aug 10 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It seems to be a Honda thing. The Honda Revolutions forum is just as bad and i've nearly been banned from there, for disagreeing with one of the moderators.
adiohead

11th Aug 10 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob B
I understand what your saying Ian, but bondrys can be set without pissing people off.

Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
11th Aug 10 at 18:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's also to do with the money and how they don't want anyone earning it if they're not. That makes it more difficult because you can't bend the rules at all.

You also get a situation where you can't talk about products, as per the tuning box on AON thing where Warren was talking about it and the guy who runs the place sells them. It's a difficult path and one which forum owners shouldn't really go down.

My only reasons for not really wanting traders on here is mostly that they clear off after a few months and leave a trail of disservice behind them. And some are a bit spammy.
Rob B

11th Aug 10 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thing is I sold over 100 centre pipes on the civic forum and it was fine. Plus the civic forum was great!
Joe

11th Aug 10 at 18:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dave A was a good trader on here though.
Limecat
Banned

11th Aug 10 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On the first thing I can fully see their point of view. You are trading and you are trying to tap into their resources for free, student or not you are doing it for money then you are 'trading'.

When I first became a member here I never really ventured outside of the technical sections or classifieds, yet as I was using the sites resources to source parts I felt it was morally right to pay towards a resource that I used FOR MY BENEFIT.

The second point was a bit harsh perhaps but hey, if you have just had a sales thread nuked it wasn't the most tactful move.
Rob B

11th Aug 10 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

By your definition that makes everyone a trader, everyone is selling to make profit, weather it be selling something for a 5er or 1000 your making money.
Limecat
Banned

11th Aug 10 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't talk shit. There is a huge difference between someone selling the odd part from a car (great way to LOSE money TBH if you bought new and sell used) to some chancer trying to knock out 80 steel tubes in a batch and be too fucking tight to contribute towards what brings that pool of people together.

If a TV Shop sets up in the Trafford Centre, they are paying for that potential passing trade, a forum is no different.

EDIT: I suppose anyone selling off remaining good parts from a car they have stuffed are turning a profit?

[Edited on 11-08-2010 by LETGSI16V]
Rob B

11th Aug 10 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes but there still making money and I sold in batches of 10 not 80 at once. I have no problem contributing WHEN I sell things but asking for opinions and it gets deleted no way. And sellin some exhaust does not make me a trader, a trader is a company by my definition
Limecat
Banned

11th Aug 10 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who are still making money? The forums?

Some could have spent years of effort attending shows, paying for banners / pamphlets etc to hand out at shows, paying hosting etc, then you come along and sponge off them for putting together your target audience all in one place?

Stop being a fucking tight arse and pay for membership. You are making excuses that quite frankly don't wash.

How much are you crying over? I bet it is a sodding pittance TBH.
A2H GO

11th Aug 10 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rob, defo off topic but i found you old Mini for sale...again. Must have a few owners now and still low mileage, was there something you werent telling us about that car?

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/1635371.htm
Limecat
Banned

11th Aug 10 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

@ the thought of him claiming poverty as a student yet he can afford a Cooper S Works.

As I say, tight fisted sod worried about a few quid. It's like that person on here who asked to bump his eBay listings as he was too tight to pay the extra few pence to start them at the right price. Tight arsed bastards deserve all they get.
A2H GO

11th Aug 10 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LETGSI16V
@ the thought of him claiming poverty as a student yet he can afford a Cooper S Works.

As I say, tight fisted sod worried about a few quid. It's like that person on here who asked to bump his eBay listings as he was too tight to pay the extra few pence to start them at the right price. Tight arsed bastards deserve all they get.

Robs a sound guy, in this day and age you have to hold on to every penny you've got and if that means not wanting to pay forum fee's to advertise as part of a quick bit of money making fair play to him. I do see your point though, i moan everytime ebay takes money off me when i sell something, but without eBay i wouldnt have had the audience and would'nt have sold it at all so can't moan really.
Rob B

11th Aug 10 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you blind or incapable of Reading. I have no issues with paying for membership, paying to be a trader is different. And i worked for 3 years and earnt a fair wack hence the mini and the s2k I have now.

I'm not a tight arse either never borrowed money off parents and always paid my way, I've been brought up that way.

I think your not realising through your incapableness to read that I'll pay membership but I'm no trader, now go play in the road kthx
Rob B

11th Aug 10 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The mini is for sale from the guy that i sold it too Ash, think he put it up for 12k first I only sold it as it was a little to small and although awesome on taking a 10 grand car round a track was worrying at times
Limecat
Banned

11th Aug 10 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So, are you a paid up member now?

How much is it to be a trader may I ask?

I can tell you are posting from an iPhone as it pisses me off when it capitalises Reading as in the place people live.

So you are selling an identical item en mass, but you aren't a trader? What are you then?

You aren't the sharpest knife I have ever come across TBH.
Rob B

11th Aug 10 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Define trader for me ? When you go to halfords do they give you a trade for doing a mass ammount of forigners?

If someone is selling items making a small profit helping members get parts cheaper I'd say that's good for everyone. Funny how I sold over 6k of items and was good friends with three of the larger companys on there aswell as there being over 15 other traders on there and it was never queryed by anyone, does that not tell you something? I must not be the sharpest knife to be able to engineer items that no one could figure out how to do, you must not have to a "sharp knife" to do a masters at university either maybe they just let people in out of the thousands of applicants they turn down each year.
Limecat
Banned

11th Aug 10 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A trader is someone clearly making money from something. An individual doesn't knock out 80 bodged up steeel tubes for their love of it, they do it for making money, therefore they are a TRADER. If everyone worked off your false fucked up logic no-one would be a trader, they would all say 'I am an individual, I R not trader' you daft sod.

You are selling for profit, otherwise you wouldn't be selling in bulk. Stop being a tight git.

You are justifying it as being good for everyone; it's good for you as you are selling them. It's not good for the site as they are basically paying for you to advertise. Do you not see that?

Do you have public liability insurance?
Rob B

11th Aug 10 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have million pounds of public liability insurance yes.

Can't be arsed to entertain your drivel any longer, your obviously a cock as many have pointed out in other threads.

A trader in my definition is a person who runs a company as there sole means of money making not someone doing something on the side. That's like sayin someone who does forigners every weekend is a trader when really there just making a bit of money on the side.
ssj_kakarot

11th Aug 10 at 22:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

jeez

just use websters

Main Entry: trad·er
Pronunciation: \&#712;tr&#257;-d&#601;r\
Function: noun
Date: 1585
1 : a person whose business is buying and selling or barter: as a : merchant b : a person who buys and sells (as stocks or commodities futures) in search of short-term profits
2 : a ship engaged in the coastal or foreign trade

so yeah really hes not a trader if hes just doing a few one off bits, as its not his "business".

NB: doing a masters at uni does in no way make you intelligent, it means your good at following guide lines and turning up for lectures

[Edited on 11-08-2010 by ssj_kakarot]

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Anyone else find some forums are poorly run.. 22 database queries in 0.1986909 seconds