corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Audi a3

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Audi a3
belton

User status: Offline
14th Aug 10 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A good friend of mine is looking at getting a 2001 a3 1.8 sport. Looking on the net they go for about 2k so 1 n a half for one with fsh is good. Done about 115k tho. What are the 1.8t like for mods? I am guessing fairly easy as they are the 20v turbo iirc. But you don't see many done ones about? And body styling? S3 kit or something as they are fairly rancid looking

thanks
belton

14th Aug 10 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry first part sounds fairly spaz. One of our friend is selling one cheap 1.5k just with a few bodywork issues. Still full fsh etc
Norcy91

14th Aug 10 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is this a 1.8T Sport? Theres plenty of Audis, Seats, VWs about with the 1.8T in with 115k + miles on them, and plenty of modified ones about as well. S3 kit would look smart on it
belton

14th Aug 10 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes mate is the 1.8t sport
belton

14th Aug 10 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where can we view a few? on vagoc.c.uk but no such luck
dannymccann

15th Aug 10 at 07:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If your looking to see what an A3 looks like with an S3 kit on, look on Google Images for an S3
belton

15th Aug 10 at 08:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Erm, did you read my post? I am assuming s3 bumpers just bolt on like a corsa gsi bumper to a corsa. I want peoples general opinon, more tuning wise.
Fro

15th Aug 10 at 08:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tuning wise depends on how big your wallet is tbh. Not sure what engine code they put in the A3, but if it's a 150 you'll get to around 180 maybe a bit more on the standard turbo.
x14xe sport

15th Aug 10 at 09:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by belton
Erm, did you read my post? I am assuming s3 bumpers just bolt on like a corsa gsi bumper to a corsa. I want peoples general opinon, more tuning wise.

s3 has wider arches front and back compared to the standard a3
StuartVRS

15th Aug 10 at 10:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fro-dizzle
tuning wise depends on how big your wallet is tbh. Not sure what engine code they put in the A3, but if it's a 150 you'll get to around 180 maybe a bit more on the standard turbo.

205 is possible on standard turbo. Any more and its a fucked RR. They are only small turbos but good ones. K03S bolts straight on iirc.
belton

15th Aug 10 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep aftr having a read it's seems easily possible to get 230 from turbo-fmic-exhaust-map. Yea fro-d they come with the 150bhp 1.8t engine. Bit annoying about the s3 bumper, but I said to him why would u want to make your car look faster than it is. Any other front bumpers fit? Quattro? Splitters out there?
Corsa Sport Gav

15th Aug 10 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by x14xe sport
quote:

S3 bumpers still fit, even though the A3 has smaller arches
RichR
Premium Member

15th Aug 10 at 16:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I sold my 2001 (Y) A3 1.8T Sport in black, FSH, 115,000miles, excellent condition except for corroded wheel finish for £2900 only 3 months ago
belton

15th Aug 10 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa Sport Gav
quote:
Originally posted by x14xe sport
quote:

S3 bumpers still fit, even though the A3 has smaller arches

wouldnt look right though would it?
belton

15th Aug 10 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
I sold my 2001 (Y) A3 1.8T Sport in black, FSH, 115,000miles, excellent condition except for corroded wheel finish for £2900 only 3 months ago

I swear that is quite pricey? Ones with around those sort of miles go for around 2/2.5k? Still though what are your views? Checked your garage and it looked nice
RichR
Premium Member

15th Aug 10 at 19:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it probably is, I didn't care - its worth what someone's willing to pay at the end of the day; this guy paid that and bought it for his daughter!!

I didn't mind it, always berated it when I had it because it wasn't exciting enough but then I stepped into it from a Corsa 1.2 with no ABS, power steering and no power but something about it made me smile driving it because you had to plan every line, overtake etc upfront but with the Audi you planted your foot and away it went - Mine was supposedly running 207hp so had the poke, it handled well compared to the corsa but it just didn't excite me - however, now I drive a Jag, I'd give anything to have kep the Audi, it was more fun than the Jag, power was better, I preferred the seats and it was more practical with the folding rear seats - I might chop the Jag in early next year and get an S3 for a couple of years

[Edited on 15-08-2010 by LiVe LeE]
belton

15th Aug 10 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea I have heard from a few people the a3s are boring. Another mate of ours had a 316, got an a3, had it for 2 months then got a 318. Said it just had nothing on the fun of the BMW. What had been done to take it to 207?as that is very quick! It must have been a good laugh surely!
belton

15th Aug 10 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah and as for the s3, my mate went astra vxr-s3- astra vxr nurb. The s3 was just what Audi intended it to be. Luxury interior, like wow. Sitting in the back was amazing! It was so comfortable. And it did shift! But he said it just got boring. I thunk more visually, as it certainly didn't turn heads like either vxr's. And a vxr you don't have to try very hard to make it a loud power monster. The Audi on the other hand was very subtle and elegant. Guess it depends how boy racer you still are
RichR
Premium Member

15th Aug 10 at 21:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I drive a Jag, how boy racer do you think I am
belton

15th Aug 10 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dunno, some guy I worked for had a v-something jag and use to abuse it. It sounded fantastic, and handled!
So you tell me!
How was your a3 207bhp? It must have Been good fun as that is powerful
StuartVRS

16th Aug 10 at 09:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My one had Remap, turbo intake pipe, induction kit, FMIC, Decat, exhaust, larger hoses, few other bits and pieces and had 4 rolling roads, all hitting 204 ~(one claimed 210 but its just not possible on that turbo)
belton

16th Aug 10 at 09:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What did you think of it stuartvrs? Sounds alright mind, must have been quick? Anything I would recognise? Used to live and downham and I am still around Bromley common Hayes way a fair bit
antnee

16th Aug 10 at 09:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You have got to remember that audi is supposed to be a premium car brand, so the a3 is supposed to be comfy and boring. If you want something good handling and 'fun' look at French cars.

StuartVRS

16th Aug 10 at 09:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
What did you think of it stuartvrs? Sounds alright mind, must have been quick? Anything I would recognise? Used to live and downham and I am still around Bromley common Hayes way a fair bit

Gold, 19" RS6 wheels and yeah it was quite quick but heavy so not super quick. Kept quite easily with 20XE corsas but not much quicker. Not had it for a good 4 years though.
StuartVRS

16th Aug 10 at 09:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by antnee
You have got to remember that audi is supposed to be a premium car brand, so the a3 is supposed to be comfy and boring. If you want something good handling and 'fun' look at French cars.

They handle superb if you chuck on a decent coilover and rollbar setup. We spent a lot on ours with full bushes, H&R coilovers, H&R roll bars and spent a long time perfecting it.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Audi a3 22 database queries in 0.0143971 seconds