corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Any donations welcome !

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Any donations welcome !
Sunz

User status: Offline
   18th Aug 10 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well currently my sister is stuck out in Greece with a back injury, 2 fractures and 1 break and the Eu insurance card she has will not cover her flying back to the Uk.
Ever since we heard about this we have been trying to find ways to get her back her but the prices of the air ambulance is very expensive and you have to have the money up front.

Through the help of a charity we have set up a fund raising thing to help pay for the plane.
Just spreading the word to give her every chance to come back home as soon as possible.
So if possible if you have £1 sitting in your paypal or what ever you could spare, it would be a great help and one step closer to getting her home.

Fundraising HERE.

Thanks in advance

Feel a bit rude to ask

[Edited on 18-08-2010 by Sunz]
Brett
Premium Member

18th Aug 10 at 20:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is this the one that's in the paper?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1304143/Honeymoon-horror-bride-breaks-spine-30ft-fall-Corfu-balcony.html

[Edited on 18-08-2010 by loafofbrett]
KerryP

18th Aug 10 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

16K!!!

[Edited on 18-08-2010 by KerryP]
Jake

18th Aug 10 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how did she injure herself?
DannyB
Premium Member

18th Aug 10 at 20:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm skint until friday otherise I would, I'll post it on FB though, might get a few extra donations then.
Tommy

18th Aug 10 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry but i would rather donate to an actual charity but good luck.
Sunz

18th Aug 10 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

@ loafofbrett, Yeah that's the one.

@ KerryP, that was the cheapest one, went all the way up to £50,000 for the trip from corfu to london.

@ Jake, she fell from a balcony at her hotel and landed mainly on the left side of her back.
DannyB
Premium Member

18th Aug 10 at 20:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tommy
Sorry but i would rather donate to an actual charity

Why?most of the donations don't even get to where they're needed, you will never see the benefit. This on the other hand you will, it's a shame that you won't donate to help someone from your home country but you would probably donate to some 3rd world country as they need more clothes.

[Edited on 18-08-2010 by DannyB]
chrisritch

18th Aug 10 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

small world isnt it really!

Best of luck mate

skint at the mo will get some over when i can

[Edited on 18-08-2010 by chrisritch]
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
18th Aug 10 at 20:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Donated.
Brett
Premium Member

18th Aug 10 at 20:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chrisritch
small world isnt it really!

I was just saying to my g/f, it's spooky how a hell of a lot of things relate back to CS in one way or another

Best of luck with the fundraising, Sunz, hope she's sorted soon.

Not sure about the husband posing in that photo tho. Looks like he's posing for a new facebook profile pic
Jakey
Premium Member

18th Aug 10 at 20:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Donated.
Ben G

18th Aug 10 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by loafofbrett
Not sure about the husband posing in that photo tho. Looks like he's posing for a new facebook profile pic

exactly my thoughts. what kind of sick fuck does that?
Nath

18th Aug 10 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That photo is a bit
Limecat
Banned

18th Aug 10 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry to hear about it but at the end of the day I have never seen you on here and you shouldn't think an E111 is the be all and end all. I wouldn't wish it on anyone but people don't just 'fall' from a balcony. If the hotel was negligent in someway, be it a failure of railings etc then the insurers would no doubt cover it, however there is a lot more to this than meets the eye.

Yes, I am someone that has suffered breakages, albeit only scaphoid and radial, from 'height', that was my own fault TBH. Not saying it to be harsh but at least give people the full story first. If you said she was pissed and thought it would be a good idea to climb from one balcony to the other, I could relate and I would donate as I have done it.
Ben G

18th Aug 10 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'm guessing drink played a part in it. they went out for a meal on their honeymoon and came back for ''some air''.

bit strange. but i do hope she gets better and comes home for proper treatment.
Ian
Site Administrator

18th Aug 10 at 21:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

She was on her honeymoon, are you going to deprive her a drink? Its an accident and she needs to come home.
ssj_kakarot

18th Aug 10 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they not have insurance? shame really only costs like £15 odd, always make my friends get some before we go away.
Jakey
Premium Member

18th Aug 10 at 21:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ssj_kakarot
they not have insurance? shame really only costs like £15 odd, always make my friends get some before we go away.

quote:

They had an E111 form which they thought would cover them in the EU in the event of an accident, and now found out that this does not cover the cost of air ambulance repatriation.

Nath

18th Aug 10 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alot of people are guilty of not reading the small print on insurance. Happens all the time. I couldnt tell you if my insurance from my last hol covered much at all tbh.
Limecat
Banned

18th Aug 10 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
She was on her honeymoon, are you going to deprive her a drink? Its an accident and she needs to come home.

I don't think anyone would say to the contrary but TBH, £16k isn't a huge sum of money. Maybe it is just me but if I wanted someone back home, I would either pull it from my savings account or cash in my shares etc?

I realise not everyone is in that position but £16k? It's NOTHING really is it? So no-one in her family can raise it through a re-mortgage? No one can get a loan? Sorry, it seems they wan't her 'back home' but don't want to put their hand in their pocket. I know that is fucking harsh but could you HONESTLY tell me that if you were in that position that your family would get the begging bowl out if they wanted you back home for surgery? Would they fuck, they would move heaven and Earth to have you back in a flash.
DannyB
Premium Member

18th Aug 10 at 21:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So now people are assuming there is more to it and that she was blind drunk dancing on the balcony rail or something?

Maybe she was pissed, have you never been pissed on holliday? or maybe it was an accident?

Accidents do happen, like the time 2 lads I knew went on holliday to ibiza and were killed by a taxi. That was an accident.

ssj_kakarot

18th Aug 10 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LETGSI16V
quote:
Originally posted by Ian

I don't think anyone would say to the contrary but TBH, £16k isn't a huge sum of money. Maybe it is just me but if I wanted someone back home, I would either pull it from my savings account or cash in my shares etc?

I realise not everyone is in that position but £16k? It's NOTHING really is it? So no-one in her family can raise it through a re-mortgage? No one can get a loan? Sorry, it seems they wan't her 'back home' but don't want to put their hand in their pocket. I know that is fucking harsh but could you HONESTLY tell me that if you were in that position that your family would get the begging bowl out if they wanted you back home for surgery? Would they fuck, they would move heaven and Earth to have you back in a flash.

um whats to say she even has a large family? you have no idea, also they might rent/council house so perhaps re-mortgage is out of the question.

and some people would struggle with £160 let alone what they need, you need to grow up boy and think before opening your mouth
Jakey
Premium Member

18th Aug 10 at 21:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My £5 seems quite shit compared to some of the donations on there
Ian
Site Administrator

18th Aug 10 at 21:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All helps mate.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Any donations welcome ! 22 database queries in 0.0147159 seconds