corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Honestly, bloody indicators

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Honestly, bloody indicators
Daimo B

User status: Offline
19th Aug 10 at 07:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why can't people use them?

If your going round the roundabout, indicate right. Your turning right around it. I am un-aware which direction you want to go, be it straight on, or turning accross the front of me. Thas fine, if you let me know.

Its 2" from your left fucking hand, either your too ignorent and lazy to move your wrist a slight amount, or you really are that shit a driver.

I didn't realise indicators were for the driver of the car to let themselves know where they are going. I WAS under the impression they are to let other road users know where your going?

If im approaching you at 70mph, and your sat in the outside lane, and im on the inside, please let me know that your going to decide to pull to the inside lane, please indicate. I've made the effort to pull to the outside lane, even rolling off the throttle till you decide if your going to sit there, or pull in. Much to the fact you should have been on the inside lane anyway. Either I go to undertake, and you throw a strop, or you pull in violently to the inside, throwing a strop (hence showing lack of mirror vision, i know its hard, me coming up behined you for a mile, with a bright headlight on, I know its hard to see). Well get out the outside f-ing lane you f-ing retarded bad driving rectum muncher.

Indicators - 90% of people seem to have a major disfunction on understanding how to use them.

Rant over, carry on.

[Edited on 19-08-2010 by Daimo B]
Rich H

19th Aug 10 at 07:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Honestly, bloody bikers who insist on getting in the way and sitting in your blind spots.
Daimo B

19th Aug 10 at 07:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bikes don't get in the way, thats the cars

Blind spots are a no no. Always sit so you can see the drivers eyes off the reflection from their own mirrors.
Rich H

19th Aug 10 at 08:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Try telling that to 99% of the wankers who get in the way day in day out then!

Why do bikers presume that red lights mean they can push their way to the front or in traffic jams on motorways etc they can push down the middle of 2 lanes of traffic?

Most don't give the chance for a driver to indicate as they close up on you too quickly to even realise they're there! Deserve to get hit then imo.

[Edited on 19-08-2010 by Rich H]
mwg

19th Aug 10 at 08:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You in need of something to keep you entertained today Rich
Daimo B

19th Aug 10 at 08:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Becuase we can get off the lights faster than any car.

Because its common sense, and safer to be at the front than caught between a load of retarded car drivers? Thats common sense????

And because filtering, despite many dunces lack of knowledge, is 100% legal, safe to do, and reduces traffic.

Next....

Yours is an opinion about bikers, mine is a simple fact about driving and doing it properly as per the highway code.
nathy_87

19th Aug 10 at 08:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rich H

Why do bikers presume that red lights mean they can push their way to the front or in traffic jams on motorways etc they can push down the middle of 2 lanes of traffic?

Most don't give the chance for a driver to indicate as they close up on you too quickly to even realise they're there! Deserve to get hit then imo.

This really pisses me off, as with when there is a traffic jam on the motoway for example tey just go down the middle thinking they are gods gift.

Edit; But at the same time Daimo, I know where your coming from with the indicators, had a few people do it to me last night i just give them the horn and the V sign.

[Edited on 19-08-2010 by 5dr corsa-3dr_polo]
Daimo B

19th Aug 10 at 08:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rich H

Your just ranting now.

Not one single biker I ride with, doesn't allow a car the opportunity to pull back in after an overtake. As a biker, how do I know what your gonna do (seeing as you can't use indicators ), so we wait a few seconds. If you pull in, fine (esp if your indicating to let the biker know). If you sit on the outside lane, why? And don't whinge if the bike legally comes past you
mwg

19th Aug 10 at 08:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

indicators are for the weak and feeble
Daimo B

19th Aug 10 at 08:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 5dr corsa-3dr_polo

This really pisses me off, as with when there is a traffic jam on the motoway for example tey just go down the middle thinking they are gods gift.

This is becuase its legal, and also encouraged by the police traffic. But seeing as your a biker, riding, never..... You'd understand it. Have fun sitting in that jam. I give up my warm seat, and radio and such to perform this legal manouver.

Is this a rant about bikers now?

Rich H

19th Aug 10 at 08:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm of out in a minute so will shut up then, just annoys me how bikers make out they're always the hard done by ones when in fact most of them are what cause accidents / incidents to happen due to hassling drivers.

I indicate every time I need to - doesn't seem to stop bikers trying to get past me or getting in stupid places though!

I'd love to see how all these perfect bikers drive cars
Daimo B

19th Aug 10 at 08:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rich, your talking about a minority, like there are bad young drivers, there are bad ned head bikers. Your tarnishing all with the same brush.

Any intelligent biker would realise that we're the ones who will get hurt, so have to allow time. Sitting in the right position, giving a driver time to perform whatever manouver they need to.

If your indicating, feel safe that the biker trying get round you is a tit, and now you know how it should be done

I drive fantastic, usually moaning at the tosser cage drivers for the same thing But not all car drivers are the smae, some are very good.

Im moaning about the minority, your moaning about all bikers
chr15barn3s

19th Aug 10 at 08:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agree 100% about indicators. One of my biggest pet hates on the road.

Don't have a problem with bikers, yes there are some who are twats but thats the same with anything. I wish more would give you a nod or acknowledge though when I move over slightly to give them that extra bit of room.
C2RL R

19th Aug 10 at 08:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'm not a power ranger but people not indicating at round abouts piss me off in the car. actually it's when they give you that evil glare because you've incorrectly assumed they are going straight on so you begin your manouvre.
Daimo B

19th Aug 10 at 08:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chr15barn3s
Agree 100% about indicators. One of my biggest pet hates on the road.

Don't have a problem with bikers, yes there are some who are twats but thats the same with anything. I wish more would give you a nod or acknowledge though when I move over slightly to give them that extra bit of room.

i've got bad enough these days to actually say thankyou to the people who actually indicate properly

I always drop a foot, or raise a hand, its more effort than using an indicator, but still not hard work.

I didn't used to when riding to london. I'd filter between about a thousand cars each way per day, sod saying thanks to every one of them. (I once counted, just on the A2, not even to my junction, about half way, i'd counted up to 700 ).

We've all got different attitudes. I give the bird to a few bikers on the way home as they pull out to overtake cars, but don't indicate. Nearly had a few head ons due to this!
nathy_87

19th Aug 10 at 09:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daimo B
quote:
Originally posted by 5dr corsa-3dr_polo

This is becuase its legal, and also encouraged by the police traffic. But seeing as your a biker, riding, never..... You'd understand it. Have fun sitting in that jam. I give up my warm seat, and radio and such to perform this legal manouver.

Is this a rant about bikers now?

Confused about the bold bit mate. And No I'm not ranting about bikers, just annoys me that you can do it and I'm sat there . I would love another motorbike tbh.
Daimo B

19th Aug 10 at 09:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, poor English on my part

read badly too, I meant as in, as a non biker, it probably looks dangerous.

As an actual biker though, I find sitting in the flow of traffic more dangerous than filtering, but only some experience will show you that.

I have THE most nervous friend, first time we put him on a Thumpster pitbike, thefront wheel was up, and his feet dragging along the floor. Not biker material, far too nervous....

He passed his test a few months ago, and now rides to central london. He formally called me a nutter for doing it for so long, but now he does the same trip, and cannot praise filtering enough.

All this from a man who looks like jesus, plays the guitar, is a bit of a hippy, and was scared poopless of bikes, let alone traffic
Colin

19th Aug 10 at 09:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Roundabout - nobody bloody indicates any more. Really pisses me off, I end up holding off pulling out & then looking like the idiot just because some lazy fuck decides not to bother letting me know there coming off.

People wonder why road rage exists, I could smash the skulls of the lot of them & still be annoyed!!

This coming from an ex BMW driver as well!!
nathy_87

19th Aug 10 at 09:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Daimo: That's better I used to do it when I had my little 125, it was fantastic. Well fair play to him.
oceansoul

19th Aug 10 at 09:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Car drivers are just as bad tbh. Like sitting in the left lane at a roundabout to turn right,,,,with out even indicating and thus cutting across all the other lanes
ShEp

19th Aug 10 at 09:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All this cutting about in leather and purple helmets is turning you into a nonce daimo, if a driver.pulls out in front of you without indicating do as i have done, if its dangerous enough to you just lift your left leg on the way passed them and make the car sans wing mirror. If theyre not usinf them anyway they wont miss it
ShEp

19th Aug 10 at 09:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Terrible spelling and grammar. Bloody phoneż
nathy_87

19th Aug 10 at 09:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ShEp

19th Aug 10 at 09:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whats with the upside down ? I didn't do that
Tomnova16
Premium Member

19th Aug 10 at 09:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im not allowed to use them

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Honestly, bloody indicators 23 database queries in 0.2103119 seconds