corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Did a bit of racing yesterday

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Did a bit of racing yesterday
dhdev

User status: Offline
22nd Aug 10 at 08:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know it's non-corsa related, but it was the 3rd race of the season yesterday in the VAG trophy and here are some vids! Car is a Mk2 Golf, 1.8 16v with throttle bodies. I'm racing in class C (200bhp/ton) and managed to out Qualify both class A and C cars (300bhp/ton and 250bhp/ton)

Qualifying clip

Race clip
Butler

22nd Aug 10 at 16:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Great videos. Is that your second race now? How are you finding the transition to racing, from doing track days?
DannyB
Premium Member

22nd Aug 10 at 16:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awesome pics of car?
Butler

22nd Aug 10 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shame you ran wide after getting that golf back!
antnee

22nd Aug 10 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking good, I couldn't make it there yesterday Did you like Rob's Ibiza? I think it looks ace with the green on!
Daveskater
Premium Member

22nd Aug 10 at 17:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it just me or does the audio not sync up? There's a good second or so between the sound of a gear change and seeing you do it

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
Butler

22nd Aug 10 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its because he changes quicker than the speed of sound
dhdev

22nd Aug 10 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've found the transition from trackdays to racing pretty easy to be honest, it just allows you to do (or attempt ) all those overtakes you wish you could've done!

The lad who built the car just took it for a spin for the first time since the last suite of mods (bodies, G60 brakes, solid rear top mounts, 3-way adjustable coilovers, solid engine mount) and said that it is set-up shit! He said he didn't know how I'd managed to drive it like that and that there is soooo much more to come from both the suspension and engine (he's been racing golfs for years)

The audio sync is crap and is the fault of the website used to host the vids, I've done a test upload to youtube and the sync is fine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEfU2lM-pTM

Rob's Ibiza looked cool, 8 months of build I'm informed? With a bit more track time I'm sure he'll be battling at the front of the grid

I was gutted that I ran wide, we were running a full tank of fuel to get us up to the correct weight for the mods we have and it affected the balance quite a lot, meaning understeer was a problem. In all fairness that incident was mainly due to me being keen to reel that Leon back in, which I subsequently gave up on

[Edited on 22-08-2010 by dhdev]

Butler

22nd Aug 10 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At any moment did you have to remind yourself you can actually overtake rather than hang back when a car infront brakes early? I think it would be a weird feeling. Also worrying a car is up your inside as you dive toward the apex of a corner.

Are you doing the Brit car 24 hour? After not making Le Mans this year, Im just considering buying tickets.
dhdev

22nd Aug 10 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Butler
At any moment did you have to remind yourself you can actually overtake rather than hang back when a car infront brakes early? I think it would be a weird feeling. Also worrying a car is up your inside as you dive toward the apex of a corner.

Are you doing the Brit car 24 hour? After not making Le Mans this year, Im just considering buying tickets.

Yeah I'm doing the Britcar 24hr We'll be running in a Mk2 1.8 20vT, which should make this one look pedestrian

The only thing that previously held me back was the thought of damaging the race car, but the owner/builder of the car has told me that its all part of racing and to just get on with it....so I did! And if there is someone trying to come on my inside then i will more than happily shut the door on them The Mk2 turbo in the vid tried to come down the inside at the end of the back straight on nearly every lap at the start

Butler

22nd Aug 10 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im all very jealous, bet its great fun. I may have to pop along to the 24 hour then, I bet you cant wait! Might be good to get an interview of some sorts for my blog. (trying to break journalism!).
dhdev

22nd Aug 10 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Im all very jealous, bet its great fun. I may have to pop along to the 24 hour then, I bet you cant wait! Might be good to get an interview of some sorts for my blog. (trying to break journalism!).

I probably don't interview very well, but you're welcome to try! The owner of the team loves to talk though, so he'll give you pages and pages of chat
Butler

22nd Aug 10 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where did you meet this guy again Oli? Being offered to race someones cars sounds like an offer I could only dream of!
noshua

22nd Aug 10 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jesus christ did you hit that Seat?
dhdev

22nd Aug 10 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by noshua
Jesus christ did you hit that Seat?

I believe the term is 'a racing incident'
antnee

22nd Aug 10 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dhdev

Rob's Ibiza looked cool, 8 months of build I'm informed? With a bit more track time I'm sure he'll be battling at the front of the grid

Yeah about 8months, mainly been built by himself, me, his bro's and one or 2 other mates. He's only ever done 2 track days, so its all a huge learning curve for him! Still bedding everything in really too and getting used to the car
Daveskater
Premium Member

22nd Aug 10 at 21:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Its because he changes quicker than the speed of sound

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
RCS

22nd Aug 10 at 22:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I was gutted that I ran wide, we were running a full tank of fuel to get us up to the correct weight for the mods we have and it affected the balance quite a lot, meaning understeer was a problem. In all fairness that incident was mainly due to me being keen to reel that Leon back in, which I subsequently gave up on

Being underweight means you can place ballast where you need it to get the balance right, why not do that instead of lump more fuel in?
dhdev

23rd Aug 10 at 06:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RCS
quote:

Being underweight means you can place ballast where you need it to get the balance right, why not do that instead of lump more fuel in?

Time! The car wasn't even running at 4pm on Friday and qualifying was at 9.30am Saturday We will be making ballast plates in due course
Paul_J

23rd Aug 10 at 08:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have you got any competition in your class yet?
dhdev

23rd Aug 10 at 08:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
have you got any competition in your class yet?

In the previous race there were 4 in my class, however the guy that beat me had many illegal mods on his car and didn't show up to this race. There was no-one in my class again for this race, so we took the fight to the classes above! With the improvements made to our car we'll be battling with the class A and B guys on a regular basis now
Butler

23rd Aug 10 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paul we seriously need to get involved in this racing business
chris_uk
Premium Member

23rd Aug 10 at 19:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

dont forget me !
AK

23rd Aug 10 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paul_J

23rd Aug 10 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Racing = £££

I'm considering just doing club 100 championship next year to keep myself occupied, then the year after trying with a good car, just can't afford it at the mo.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Did a bit of racing yesterday 23 database queries in 0.0131402 seconds