corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Good rowing time for 2000m?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Good rowing time for 2000m?
Jill
Premium Member

User status: Offline
   24th Aug 10 at 09:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At the gym I go to in September they are having a 2000m rowing competition- fastest time wins at level 9 (out of ten) which is the level I usually row at. Does anyone have an idea of what a good time is to aim for? I usually do 1500m in 6mins- 6min 20sec. Thanks in advance.
Laney

24th Aug 10 at 10:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Having a look on here should give you a decent idea of what to aim for - http://www.concept2.com/sranking03/rankings.asp

Edit - Are they MAKING you row at level 9? On a C2?

[Edited on 24-08-2010 by Laney]
Jill
Premium Member

25th Aug 10 at 20:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Laney cheeRS for that, very useful. They're not MAKING me row at level 9- it is the level I usualy row at. And it's not a C2. I'm in Saturday to the gym so with note the make for you Thanks again.
Laney

25th Aug 10 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Keep the stroke rate down and pull hard!

Good luck
Recaro1

26th Aug 10 at 09:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to row 2k in 8 mins

Now I do 3k in just over 12mins.

I agree with Laney, keep the stroke rate down and do a long hard pull with your arms and legs.

I think 2mins per 500 m is a good and thats what you seem to be rowing at. My gym has the concepts and you can set a pace which helps a lot
Laney

26th Aug 10 at 10:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

An 8min 2K is a good effort mate! I can't remember what mine is off the top of my head but I think its around that. I know guys that pull sub-7mins

The highlight of my rowing ability is a 1m34 500m - one of my goals is to get it sub 1m30
Carl

26th Aug 10 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does everyone at the gym you lot go to row like retards but yet the staff never correct them?

Just wondered as it annoys me a bit and has happened at both gyms i've been a member at. I always want to tell them but then don't as i'm unsure how it would be recieved!
Laney

26th Aug 10 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Carl
Does everyone at the gym you lot go to row like retards but yet the staff never correct them?

Just wondered as it annoys me a bit and has happened at both gyms i've been a member at. I always want to tell them but then don't as i'm unsure how it would be recieved!

YES!

A million strokes a minute with the damper on the highest setting and the weakest pull in the world

Most gym instructors don't have a clue either I find.
Recaro1

27th Aug 10 at 08:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

haha

this winds me up too. Especially when they row next to me and seem to be trying to show off that their strokes are higher. I thought this was just me, nice to know others think the same.
Jill
Premium Member

27th Aug 10 at 14:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Yes BUT the staff tell them they are doing it incorrectly and possible damage that incorrect technique can cause, get them off it and demonstrate to them the correct position/movement etc. Then they stand and watch them do it correctly for a bit afterwards (say 500m or whatever) I'm glad I do it properly haha
Jamie Walby

27th Aug 10 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Laney
Keep the stroke rate down and pull hard!

Good luck

PHWOAR!!!
Jamie Walby

27th Aug 10 at 15:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jill, why arent we friends on Facebook anymore?
Carl

27th Aug 10 at 15:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Glad It's just not me. I've never seen an instructor correct anyone at either gym, same with the.retards you see on the steppers, its more like treading water, not sure why they can't work it out.
Jill
Premium Member

27th Aug 10 at 16:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Walby
Jill, why arent we friends on Facebook anymore?

I've de-activated my facebook account temporarily my lovely walabinho, cos of starting my new in London etc and not getting too much time to come on the internet.
Jamie Walby

27th Aug 10 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not good enough.
Carl

27th Aug 10 at 17:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've just done a 1.37min 500 meter on level 10. Reckon I could knock 2 or 3 off it but would tow to get under that!
Jill
Premium Member

29th Aug 10 at 08:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Walby
Not good enough.

I know. Please accept my profusest of apologies

quote:
I've just done a 1.37min 500 meter on level 10. Reckon I could knock 2 or 3 off it but would tow to get under that!

Wow that's a fantastic time!!!
antnee

30th Aug 10 at 10:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On a concept2 machine, the drag should usually be set at around 3-4. There's a way to set it properly but it depends what monitor it has.

My pb for 2k is about 7mins which I did when I was 16 over 500m its about 1.20ish

Personally I think rowers should be banned from gyms as the majority of people don't have the right technique and will do more damage than good. Also most are fucked anyway as the handle is always left in the hook and not against the fan cage, so knackers the elastic.
Jill
Premium Member

2nd Sep 10 at 09:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok went to the gym yesterday after work and there are two new C2's! So that's why they must be doing the rowing competition because of these new machines!

I had a go at doing 2000m BUT did it after my half hour session on the power plates so should have done it before. I got 9.06minutes. I'm not that bothered with that time at the moment as it gives me a few weeks to improve and then log the time with one of the people who work at the gym.
Jill
Premium Member

10th Sep 10 at 07:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just got 8:44.6minutes this morning! I'm now second highest on the leaderboard!
Laney

10th Sep 10 at 08:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tekkers
Jill
Premium Member

17th Sep 10 at 14:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got 8:44.0minutes on Wednesday eve and have also logged my details on that site you told me about. I would have got a lower time had the straps on the rower feet things hadn't started to come loose! Got 3 more tries before I go on holiday next Saturday then
Laney

17th Sep 10 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sub 8:40 next then?
Recaro1

18th Sep 10 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jill
Got 8:44.0minutes on Wednesday eve and have also logged my details on that site you told me about. I would have got a lower time had the straps on the rower feet things hadn't started to come loose! Got 3 more tries before I go on holiday next Saturday then

Is this for 2000m?

If your using a concept rowing machine you can enter the ideal pace and then change the display to the pace boat. Its what I use to make sure I'm on target (though I'm trying to beat it always)

8:44 for 2000m is 2:11 per 500m. Set the pace boat to 2:10 and your be under 8:40.

I'm stil trying to beat 12 mins for 3000m - I just cant get under it. Its always between 12: 01 and 12: 05. Though I tend to do the rowing machine after doing 4km on the treadmill - maybe this is where I'm going wrong.

[Edited on 18-09-2010 by Recaro1]
Jill
Premium Member

20th Sep 10 at 07:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ahh ok that's cool, I'll definitely have to give that a go then and set it to that.

Anyone have any tips to stop the foot straps coming loose by the way? I do them up really tight but they seems to come loose- not majorly but enough to annoy me and feel like I need to tighten them up. I've got tomorrow and Thu to do this now

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Good rowing time for 2000m? 23 database queries in 0.0162671 seconds