corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Buying stuff online - UPDATED WITH VOUCHER CODES - FEEDBACK PLEASE

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Buying stuff online - UPDATED WITH VOUCHER CODES - FEEDBACK PLEASE
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
29th Aug 10 at 01:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You may have noticed that we've got a few little deals going on, firstly with Total Vauxhall mag and secondly with Domino's Pizza. If you buy either a subscription or some pizza, CS gets some money. It's not much, but it's certainly worth having particularly as in the case of the mag subscription you actually get it cheaper via CS anyway.

My plan is to try and get a few more arrangements like this underway in the interests of making the most of our collective buying power. As non-members this means you're giving something back to the site without spending any more yourself. As Premium Members, it means we'll be able to keep subscriptions at £12.50, which is the same price that we launched at in 2003.

I hope that this isn't too intrusive. The main way that I'm going to set the links up is in topped threads in the related forums. So we already have the Geek Shops thread in Geek Day, but there are links in there now which will earn CS money. They are marked * so you can clearly see which ones benefit the site but obviously there are others there as well so we're not favouring any single supplier.

Thread is here - http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=243117

I'll be introducing similar threads elsewhere and adjusting links here and there if we can take advantage in this way. As always, I value feedback on this. It's a direction I want (and need!) to go in but I'm only doing so where I have member support. If you have any comments please add them.

[Edited on 29-08-2010 by Ian]

[Edited on 01-09-2010 by Ian]
DannyB
Premium Member

User status: Offline
29th Aug 10 at 01:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't see it as an issue, if I was to buy something from any of the shops Iwould just do it through here and earn the site some money, it's not as if it's any more hassle for me to do it that way.
Twiggy

29th Aug 10 at 08:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds good both partys a winner!
Rich H

29th Aug 10 at 09:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yup deffo a good idea and also quite unique to CS in a car related site way too ( I think? )
kz

29th Aug 10 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds good Ian I buy pizza online once a month so will try and remember to link through from here!
Edd

29th Aug 10 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i like the idea

in sports day for example you could arrange a similar arrangement with kitbag or other retailer

general chat sort it out with an online detailing supply company
Whittie

29th Aug 10 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's not worth while for you imo, seems a lot of effort for a small if not any return.
Andrew

29th Aug 10 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like the idea better if it saves ME money

It's a good idea if it makes a few quid for the site. I don't really get the chance to come shows anymore or NW meets. Was coming PVS this year but then had to work as i needed the money more. I'll be using the Pizza button a fair bit though
Ian
Site Administrator

29th Aug 10 at 12:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Whittie
It's not worth while for you imo, seems a lot of effort for a small if not any return.
The only effort is finding the appropriate merchants and posting the links and the odd bit of thinking to deep link like on the mag arrangement.
Ian
Site Administrator

29th Aug 10 at 12:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Andrew
I like the idea better if it saves ME money
Some of them do, they also do voucher codes although I need to spend some time with that.
Ben G

29th Aug 10 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Edd
i like the idea

in sports day for example you could arrange a similar arrangement with kitbag or other retailer

yes

could try some of those protein websites seeing as plenty on here buy them, or gym equipment etc.
Nath

29th Aug 10 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
quote:
Originally posted by Edd
i like the idea

yes

could try some of those protein websites seeing as plenty on here buy them, or gym equipment etc.

Good idea!
Ian
Site Administrator

29th Aug 10 at 19:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sports one is up now, just the affiliate links at the moment so it looks a bit thin. If anyone wants sites adding just reply.

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=573004

Will look in to the protein stuff and perhaps a bit of gambling. I had steered away from that but if it's going on we may as well see what arrangements are in place.
Paul_J

29th Aug 10 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice one Ian... I don't mind you approached it very well
Ian
Site Administrator

29th Aug 10 at 21:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Frustratingly, there are loads of clothes retailers, which I think would go down well but I've nowhere to put them!

Would you buy clothes online? And if you do, would you use the CS links first?
Ian
Site Administrator

29th Aug 10 at 21:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

quote:
As one of Europe’s leading retailers of sports nutrition, vitamins, minerals, health and beauty products we offer an extensive range second to none in this market.

Top UK brands include Maximuscle, Reflex, CNP, Garnell and Optimum Health as well as major US manufacturers – Now Foods, MetRx, IDS, ALRI, Optimum Nutrition, Muscle Asylum and many more.
That sound useful?
Rich H

29th Aug 10 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Put the cloths one in Off Day - there's tonnes of threads asking where people buy clothes from!

If you can set up links with ASOS etc you're laffin!
Ian W

29th Aug 10 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I normally buy a domino's once or twice a month, i'll click through from here next time
Eck
Premium Member

29th Aug 10 at 22:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The thing is.. there are loads of clothes threads. When there were lots of PhotoShop requests and pictures posted and such like, a suitable sub forum was made. I doubt a clothes day one would clutter up off day seeing as there are 4 already. If it wasn't too much hassle would that not be ideal? Then you can fire in links Willy nilly!! Ps; I like the idea. It isn't affecting members in any way and can/will benefit the site so I can't see a downside!
Chris
Premium Member

29th Aug 10 at 22:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bike Day
Gardening Day

sort discounts on that.
Ian
Site Administrator

29th Aug 10 at 22:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bikes are going in Sports, Gardening is going in House.

Just wasn't sure about clothing.
Andrew

29th Aug 10 at 22:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe some sort of page with all the links on would be a good idea.

I like this idea in theory a lot. I personally buy loads of bits and pieces online for ease and deals and if cs can benefit i'm happy for that to happen. I do like to see what i'm purchasing at times though so not everything can be bought online.

[Edited on 29-08-2010 by Andrew]
Steve
Premium Member

29th Aug 10 at 22:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

make one thread, split into sections with headings. Then put it as sticky in every forum. If you dont want that then clothes belong in house day
Ben G

30th Aug 10 at 00:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:

quote:
As one of Europe’s leading retailers of sports nutrition, vitamins, minerals, health and beauty products we offer an extensive range second to none in this market.

Top UK brands include Maximuscle, Reflex, CNP, Garnell and Optimum Health as well as major US manufacturers – Now Foods, MetRx, IDS, ALRI, Optimum Nutrition, Muscle Asylum and many more.
That sound useful?

yes! very useful indeed. i use myprotein.co.uk for my protein and other stuff but could use other brands dependant on price.

and the clothes idea is also good. i always use asos.com and mandmdirect.com for clothes, these sites seem to be popular throughout the forum.
kz

30th Aug 10 at 01:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ASOS would definitely be a good link for me!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Buying stuff online - UPDATED WITH VOUCHER CODES - FEEDBACK PLEASE 22 database queries in 0.0110571 seconds