corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Can someone tell me how this is possible?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Can someone tell me how this is possible?
Ojc

User status: Offline
25th Oct 10 at 10:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I now have the grand total of 4 credit cards.

Now before you go spastic and tell me I'm an idiot let me tell you the whole story.

I have a Capital One card I have had for years that has ZERO balance and is never used and same goes for my Vanquis one I got when I rebuilt my credit these two sit in my draw at home never used unless I go to Germany and might need to pay for the rebuilding of the Berlin Wall.

Now when I opened my account at the start of the year with Natwest they gave me a Platinum card which I use now and again as its 0% on purchases for 15 months, really good with a massive limit.

Then the other day I went into the bank to pay in some cash from working with my dad and they said my account was up for review, I got chatting to the lovely lady and she offered me another credit card I said no to start with then remembered that Rachel needs one but her bank won't give her one (Nationwide they won't make any money out of her) so I said yes and I'll have Rach as a additional card holder.

So in this day and age how in the name of fuck is it possible to have 4 credit cards with 2 being with Natwest? One a Platinum the other a Gold?

Has this always been the case?
Steve
Premium Member

25th Oct 10 at 10:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they are always asking this shit, just say you arent interested, as soon as you have one card they are always trying it on with loans and shit
Russ

25th Oct 10 at 10:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a tesco one, use it for everything then pay it off at the end of the month for the club card points.

People always say CC are bad, but you can abuse them and use them for your advntage if your careful
John

25th Oct 10 at 10:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How is it possible for someone to not know the difference between draw and drawer, it beggars belief
Ojc

25th Oct 10 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You need a girlfriend John IMO
Ojc

25th Oct 10 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What I'm saying is we are all being told money is tight with these banks and they aren't lending but I can get these cards with ease.
Steve
Premium Member

25th Oct 10 at 10:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

same and my credit is disgusting tbh, although i always pay stuff on time so maybe its not that bad
Ben G

25th Oct 10 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have 3 credit cards but only use 1.

i have 2 halifax ones, one which i use and 1 which they offered me a few weeks back and i took it, but now i will cancel it as i don't need it.
Ben G

25th Oct 10 at 10:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
People always say CC are bad, but you can abuse them and use them for your advntage if your careful

exactly.

i had to spend 3 grand after moving in to my house and paying for car insurance and i don't need to pay it all off until next april with no interest.

can anyone tell me how that's a bad thing? unless you're a retard and don't pay it off, but then you deserve to be fucked over then.
mwg

25th Oct 10 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a credit card that I use occasionally for bigger purchases mainly so if anything goes wrong and I don't get my goods I can claim the money back, I have a good credit rating yet I got rejected when I applied for another credit card with one of those 0% for 12 months offers on

Then there are people I know that are in debt, shit credit rating but they hand credit cards out willy nilly to them! I don't understand how the system works if indeed there is even any kind of system.
John

25th Oct 10 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I buy everything on my cashback credit card and pay off in full every month, it's only 1% cashback but it's better than nothing.
Nath

25th Oct 10 at 10:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
I have a credit card that I use occasionally for bigger purchases mainly so if anything goes wrong and I don't get my goods I can claim the money back, I have a good credit rating yet I got rejected when I applied for another credit card with one of those 0% for 12 months offers on

Then there are people I know that are in debt, shit credit rating but they hand credit cards out willy nilly to them! I don't understand how the system works if indeed there is even any kind of system.

It's because they won't make money off you, but a spastic with no control is likely to rack up a big bill, and maybe the occassional late payment charge.
Ojc

25th Oct 10 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That is the reason Rach can't get one.

We've had two massive loans from Nationwide and paid them back early and obviously seen as not worth lending too as they aren't making enough money out of it.

I don't get it how they work it's retarded.
mwg

25th Oct 10 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It probably is down to not thinking they'll make money off me but its ridiculous that I am careful with money and they won't give me another credit card and I can afford any repayments yet the guy down the road in debt up to his eye balls and probably with little to no income can have 5 or 6 cards all maxed out. Then we wonder why so much of the population is in debt.

Thought they were meant to do sensible lending now? I am the sensible person to lend to am I not?!
AndyKent

25th Oct 10 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
I buy everything on my cashback credit card and pay off in full every month, it's only 1% cashback but it's better than nothing.

Dan
Premium Member

25th Oct 10 at 11:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I reckon i have at least 8 credit cards. Nothing on any of them, just use and abuse them for 0% deals when i needed money etc.

Its ridiculous, i have 10s of thousands at my disposal on them if i wanted to, yet its fairly obvious that i could never afford to pay them all back.

Im not going to complain, but there really should be a limit to the amount you can have, or the total you can borrow on all of them based on your earnings etc

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
Ojc

25th Oct 10 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do these companies not look at your credit report and say "hmm he has 10 already, doesn't need ours"

Fucking hell I can't believe it possible for people to even have 4 let alone 10
3CorsaMeal

25th Oct 10 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

only ever had 1 and had it about 10yrs, its never been over £2500

i just use it to buy expensive stuff to get covered by the credit consumer act
Ojc

25th Oct 10 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm going to buy my Bilstein B8 shocks on my Platinum, got about 5 months left on 0%
Steve
Premium Member

25th Oct 10 at 11:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i can see me having to bail you out in germany when it comes to buying a mega burger because your cards will be maxed out
Ojc

25th Oct 10 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd be doing pretty well to max out a 4.5k Platinum card, a 1.2k Gold card, a 2k Capital One Card and a 2k Vanquis card.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

25th Oct 10 at 12:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have two. I used to have three and they wrote to me to say because I don't use the acc they are closing it

Waiting for HSBC to do the same.

I need a new one now.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Half Pint

25th Oct 10 at 12:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

only have 1 and only ever had one... 8k limit and zero balance
Tom

3rd Nov 10 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At my (lowest!) peak I had 4/5 credit cards (totalling about £5k+ charges) and 2 loans (totalling £12k).

This was at the age of about 20 when I was on about 12k a year

It's amazing how easily they dish them out, especially when you are so young, i got my first one at 18 and then everyone was offering me credit, it's pretty disgusting when you think about it, made worse if you are 18 going on 13

I have no credit cards now (don't want any) and I paid my larger loan of this month. I've literally never had so much money

Don't get credit kids (or if you do, be sensible with it).

[Edited on 03-11-2010 by Tom]
corsa_godfather

3rd Nov 10 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got refused for 2 cards 2 years ago.

never tried for another,my dad got an application form through from barclycard for a platinum card saying he was eligable for one.

On the app form i saw it was my dads initials which is the same as mine so i filled out my detals and send it away and was accepted lol.

Strange set up but im not complaining

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Can someone tell me how this is possible? 25 database queries in 0.0141461 seconds