corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » United fans/haters

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author United fans/haters
Marc

User status: Offline
31st Oct 10 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I know debt, glazers, Cosmo big fat gayer etc!!

I've just being thinking, I know Fergie keeps saying he is happy with the squad etc. But look at some of the players we let go recently below:

Gerard Pique
Rodrigo Possebon
Danny Simpson
Ryan Shawcross
Frazer Campbell
Lee Martin

Owen will be on his way shortly.

Then theres not signing Joe Cole and Mersit Ozil.

Given our "predicament" and Fergie saying theres no value (Clearly doesn't have the funds, I think we can all agree on that!) I wonder if we may come to regret letting some of our younger players go and not picking up a couple of frees/cheap players.

I'm not saying we are going to struggle and get relegated like Liverpool, just maybe we've been a bit wasteful with letting players leave.

Although, Rooney should free up some funds next year
chrisritch

31st Oct 10 at 13:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think man utd are cunts so hope they crash and burn, for the second time.
Rick Draper

31st Oct 10 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its hard though keeping hold of youth players who believe they are good enough to play week in and week out for a top club, when the reality is the could make it or they might never be any better than been West Ham players.
Ben J

31st Oct 10 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Piqué is the only one that's done anything since tbh.

Although with the old timers gone your squad does look a bit weak.

[Edited on 31-10-2010 by Ben J]
mwg

31st Oct 10 at 15:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only one out of those I'd of kept is Pique. But with him being Spanish he would likely of wanted to piss off back to Spain at some point anyway. So we'd be pretty much similar to what we are now really?

I wanted Joe Cole but he doesn't look like he has been a good signing judging by his performances so far anyway so that worked out for the best. Ozil wanted to go to Real Madrid so nothing can be done about that if thats who he wants to play for, thats who he wants to play for.

One "old timer" started yesterday (VDS) and we dealt with Spurs without playing at our best.

We have Cleverley who Fergie will bring back in January from Wigan to add to our midfield. Valencia will be back at some point, when him and Nani are playing we always have lots of chances. Defence is starting to look stronger, Rafael is coming on well at right back.

We are missing a proven attacking goal scoring midfielder really but that will surely get sorted out next summer although not sure who it might be. We dropped a bollock by not getting VDV as I'm 100% sure if we had gone in for him he would of come to us over Spurs.

But we are unbeaten in all competitions so it's not that bad Marc

[Edited on 31-10-2010 by mwg]
Marc

31st Oct 10 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't think we are in any trouble, and as you say we are sitting well at the moment, maybe I should be giving us more credit for not spending and still being where we are!

I'm just thinking long term!
Limecat
Banned

31st Oct 10 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chrisritch

Ben D

31st Oct 10 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Limecat
quote:
Originally posted by chrisritch

Only an absolute prick would find that funny.
Limecat
Banned

31st Oct 10 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ben D

31st Oct 10 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As for the players we didn't sign i think there is more to it than Fergie didn't have enough money.

VDV, Real Madrid obviously chose to make a loss on him because they didn't want him to end up at a major rival as they knew what a decent player he was.

Joe Cole: We're not missing much really are we looking at his performances for Liverpool so far, He wanted a hefty wage due to him not having a transfer fee attached to him.

Mesut Ozil: I think we went in for him, but chose Real Madrid maybe due to preference or better terms i don't know but he was a real bargain!

As for the kids IIRC Pique wanted to go back to Barca, and the rest weren't quite living up to their promise.

Don't forget we still spent £28m this summer on Hernandez, Bebe & Smalling, it's not a pittance.

IF at the end of the season Giggs, Scholes, Owen & Neville retire he will be forced into the transfer market for some quality replacements but personally i think thats what he has been waiting for all along.
--DAN--

31st Oct 10 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
Only one out of those I'd of kept is Pique. But with him being Spanish he would likely of wanted to piss off back to Spain at some point anyway. So we'd be pretty much similar to what we are now really?

I wanted Joe Cole but he doesn't look like he has been a good signing judging by his performances so far anyway so that worked out for the best. Ozil wanted to go to Real Madrid so nothing can be done about that if thats who he wants to play for, thats who he wants to play for.

One "old timer" started yesterday (VDS) and we dealt with Spurs without playing at our best.

We have Cleverley who Fergie will bring back in January from Wigan to add to our midfield. Valencia will be back at some point, when him and Nani are playing we always have lots of chances. Defence is starting to look stronger, Rafael is coming on well at right back.

We are missing a proven attacking goal scoring midfielder really but that will surely get sorted out next summer although not sure who it might be. We dropped a bollock by not getting VDV as I'm 100% sure if we had gone in for him he would of come to us over Spurs.

But we are unbeaten in all competitions so it's not that bad Marc

[Edited on 31-10-2010 by mwg]

This. I think we need somebody along the lines of Sniejder to sort out the midfield and weigh in with a few goals. Nani is doing ok, no doubt he's got the ability, he just needs to be less of a cunt. Cleverley looks a good prospect, Ravel Morrison is also highly rated and I think Hernandez looks like he's going to be a great signing. We need to sort out the Keeper situation, VDS isn't gonna be here much longer. Pepe?
Ben D

31st Oct 10 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rumours we are in for Buffon, might be a possibility as Juve aren't exactly the force they once were
Ojc

31st Oct 10 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lee Martin

Fucking useless
Russ

1st Nov 10 at 06:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
Piqué is the only one that's done anything since tbh.

/thread
Russ

1st Nov 10 at 06:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

See if it was Luton then I'd agree, lots of their players in prem/championship
Jamescorsa97

1st Nov 10 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bebe
mwg

1st Nov 10 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cosmo

1st Nov 10 at 10:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Debt FTW
Tom

1st Nov 10 at 10:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's hard trying to develop players in modern football. We are poor at it to be honest, united seem to do 'ok', but I think letting pique go was the only mistake, the rest are all just decent players who you'd expect to move on imo.
Russ

1st Nov 10 at 11:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they had pique from La Masia anyway, wasnt like united "developed" him. although they did let him go for £4m, you'd have to pay 10x that to get him now

[Edited on 01-11-2010 by Russ]
Steve
Premium Member

2nd Nov 10 at 12:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ozil would have been a good signing
SXIBLK

18th Nov 10 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sweinstieger or what ever he is called would have been a great signing for utd and thing hernandez will be good to but out of that list i wouldnt have any back as imo dont rate pique really
Marc

18th Nov 10 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamescorsa97
Bebe

Russ

18th Nov 10 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SXI_BURNLEY
dont rate pique really
Eck
Premium Member

19th Nov 10 at 02:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SXI_BURNLEY
sweinstieger or what ever he is called would have been a great signing for utd and thing hernandez will be good to but out of that list i wouldnt have any back as imo dont rate pique really

Got rid of Rossi as well and he's a decent player!

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » United fans/haters 23 database queries in 0.0150220 seconds