corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Cold weather payments (benefits rant)

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Cold weather payments (benefits rant)
Mertin

User status: Offline
9th Dec 10 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just read this about cold weather payments on martins money tips

Cold weather payments: Those on pension credit & some on income support or income based Jobseekers Allowance get an extra £25 each week the temperature's below 0°C.

Seems to be nowadays theres a payment for everything! Pension im not bothered about but its all those who claim their disabled or are scrounging b******s who wont get off their arse and get A job and live off the dole.
I know someone who gets benefits because he cant work due to being an alcoholic, so he gets benefits. Whats he do with the money? Same as he did before and what made him unable to work. Drink
scoob
Premium Member

9th Dec 10 at 12:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my dad gets it with him been on disability cant knock him tho really hes worked up untill he had a stroke
Mertin

9th Dec 10 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by scoob
my dad gets it with him been on disability cant knock him tho really hes worked up untill he had a stroke

Like I say, he cant work for a genuine reason which is acceptable. Its those who walk around fine but with a walking stick as their claiming disability and cant be seen without the stick
Piér

9th Dec 10 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't think you have any idea how much electric it takes to warm a living room for a few hours when you don't have central heating.

If people are disabled then they are more than welcome to my money, I don't want them dying from hypothermia because they can't afford the electric.

Me and my partner have no central heating and have an electric metre, we went through £20 electric in just under 2 days, thats a lot when you think about it throughout a week.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

9th Dec 10 at 12:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when my dad was made redundant and ended up out of work for over a year he go absolutely fuck all.

they even threatened to cut his jsa
Mertin

9th Dec 10 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Piér
I don't think you have any idea how much electric it takes to warm a living room for a few hours when you don't have central heating.

If people are disabled then they are more than welcome to my money, I don't want them dying from hypothermia because they can't afford the electric.

Me and my partner have no central heating and have an electric metre, we went through £20 electric in just under 2 days, thats a lot when you think about it throughout a week.

I have no problem with people who have a genuine disability or pensioners getting my money so im not having a rant at them.
Pensioners get a heating allowance too do they? My grandparents got central heating installed a few years ago from the government

[Edited on 09-12-2010 by Mertin]
Bart

9th Dec 10 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just to add insult to injury, you dont have to be living in Englad to recieve the money!!!

Yes, thats right, you could be living in hot sunny spain, and claim the cold weather payment because its cold back in England
alan-g-w

9th Dec 10 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is this automatic or do you need to apply?

And by the way you've worded the first part of this it's quite clear you've not got a clue and you're just jumping on a Daily Mail benefits haters bandwagon. I've been out of work since August now on JSA, have probably applied to 100+ jobs since I was laid off with only a couple of things looking like giving me any hope.

£100 every two weeks is next to nothing. I'm all for agreeing with you in regard to the fraudsters but to say that everyone else that is on benefits is a 'scrounging bastard' is bang out. I was at a party with mates I haven't seen for a year or two now, most of them who went into trades at the same time as me. There were six of us all with manual trades, all having paid national insurance for X amount of years and now unfortunately all out of work. I'm going to take back the money I've paid into it if I need it anyway.

[Edited on 09-12-2010 by alan-g-w]
Kerry

9th Dec 10 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agree with the scrounging bastards comment being out of order
I have always been a working parent and very proud, just had my baby and looking forward to going back to work and bang im made redundant. Didnt ask to be put in that position and now im looking at what help i can get and why shouldnt i?!?!
Mertin

9th Dec 10 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How does the daily mail come into this?
Ok youve Applied to numerous jobs, and like I said in my first post its those who wont get off their arse and get a job. Are you and your mates one of them? Id hope not and as you say youve applied tk 100+ jobs. Uet theirs people who havent worked for years and simply dont want to work

And yes I may not have a clue like you say cause iv never needed benefits or jsa or had to read into it so how should I know
Mertin

9th Dec 10 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kerry
Agree with the scrounging bastards comment being out of order
I have always been a working parent and very proud, just had my baby and looking forward to going back to work and bang im made redundant. Didnt ask to be put in that position and now im looking at what help i can get and why shouldnt i?!?!

Dont they have to keep your job if your off on maternity leave or did you go back from leave and then they made you redundant?

If your not a scrounging bastard then I wasnt referring to you or anyone else in your position
Kerry

9th Dec 10 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I could of waited until I went back and they would of done it then only I didnt have to go back til march next year and didnt really fancy going back and sitting about for 8 weeks doing nothing as i was a manager and all my team would be gone so noone left to manage. so i asked them to get it over and done with now
Nath

9th Dec 10 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would make more sense if the £25 went straight to the Energy company.
alan-g-w

9th Dec 10 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mertin
Ok youve Applied to numerous jobs, and like I said in my first post its those who wont get off their arse and get a job. Are you and your mates one of them? Id hope not and as you say youve applied tk 100+ jobs. Uet theirs people who havent worked for years and simply dont want to work

And yes I may not have a clue like you say cause iv never needed benefits or jsa or had to read into it so how should I know

If you don't know fuck all about it then why start this in the first place? Just to drum up a bit of outrage?

Kerry

9th Dec 10 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agree Nath
Baskey

9th Dec 10 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree on the policy to base payments on the weather. Then If it's a mild winter they can claim money back
Mertin

9th Dec 10 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by alan-g-w
quote:

If you don't know fuck all about it then why start this in the first place? Just to drum up a bit of outrage?

Its off day, i can post what I like. If you dont like it then dont read it and jog on. Do you have to have a degree in a subject before you can post about it? I think not
Matty SRi

9th Dec 10 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cold weather payments have been going for years
Mertin

9th Dec 10 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I could of waited until I went back and they would of done it then only I didnt have to go back til march next year and didnt really fancy going back and sitting about for 8 weeks doing nothing as i was a manager and all my team would be gone so noone left to manage. so i asked them to get it over and done with now

Least if you knew about it and got it over and done with you could start looking for possible jobs when the time comes round to go back to work rather than being faced with it when you went back
Shell
Premium Member

9th Dec 10 at 14:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Here's a wee fact that will surely amuse you greatly. People in long term wards in hospital on disability allowance get cold weather payment They don't contribute a penny toward the hospital heating.
Kerry

9th Dec 10 at 14:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Least if you knew about it and got it over and done with you could start looking for possible jobs when the time comes round to go back to work rather than being faced with it when you went back

yeh there is that! and obviously the pay out comes sooner too
to be fair i am waiting to see how things go before considering claims but if i did its not because im a scrounger which was my point
Mertin

9th Dec 10 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My grandads a cancer sufferer and needs help and they get an allowance because of this but if he is in hospital for over a certain amount of days or weeks ( cant remember how long) then they payments get stopped.

Hope everything turns out ok kerry and didnt mean my post to come across as anyone getting benefits or jsa was a scrounger just those who abuse it
Ingham
Banned

9th Dec 10 at 15:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
My grandads a cancer sufferer and needs help and they get an allowance because of this but if he is in hospital for over a certain amount of days or weeks ( cant remember how long) then they payments get stopped.

Hope everything turns out ok kerry and didnt mean my post to come across as anyone getting benefits or jsa was a scrounger just those who abuse it

Like a few people I know.. do naff all to find a job, sit at home, get pissed with their JSA and buy drugs. people who I wish were dead.
Kerry

9th Dec 10 at 15:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

thank you

i do see your point about people like the alcoholic you mentioned. but you know im also a big believer in Karma
Brett
Premium Member

9th Dec 10 at 15:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by alan-g-w
Is this automatic or do you need to apply?

Automatic

Link

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Cold weather payments (benefits rant) 22 database queries in 0.0139749 seconds