corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » vauxhall 4 pot calipers

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author vauxhall 4 pot calipers
LeeM

User status: Offline
12th Dec 10 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know ive been on about my turbo conversion for over 6 months and not actually started yet

but... i am gonna get my arse in gear after xmas and start buying bits, now brakes are on my shopping list i was originally going for 308mm which id bought and know will be well up to the job but i wouldnt mind something that looked a bit more impressive.
do any cauxhalls come with 4 pots that would fit on my corsa, or will i have to go aftermarket?wheres best to look? its entirely for looks, the brakes will be the one thing on the outside that wont look standard, i just want one little touch to give it away
Ian
Site Administrator

12th Dec 10 at 22:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think Monaro VXR, possibly VXR 220, Astra H 888, none of which would bolt straight on and won't look OE anyway.

Aftermarket would be easier and don't have to be too in-your-face. You can order de-branded Hi Spec for example, probably other manufacturers are similar.

Just watch wheel clearances.
Corsa_Sport21

12th Dec 10 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If they are just for looks,why not just get onto Ebay for the Brembo style caliper covers.

Makes it look like you have 4pots.
LeeM

12th Dec 10 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

all ive seen is the willwood kit on lmf, nearly a grand which is more than my student loan will accomodate
also that includes 2 piece bell/rotor discs which is overkill. i dont actually want the brakes to look OE, i want it to be like "ooh look at those brakes, i bet thats special" if you get me? so to the untrained eye no one knows its modded but people into cars will know.
im planning on using the astra exhaust cut and welded to fit so its quiet and sri disel springs to keep the standard ride height, maybe go to coilsprings for custom ones if i want it stiffer, but its not gettin lowered
chris_uk
Premium Member

12th Dec 10 at 22:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

vxr220's are just 2 pots.

the insignia vxr are 4 pots tho
LeeM

12th Dec 10 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
If they are just for looks,why not just get onto Ebay for the Brembo style caliper covers.

haha thought this would be brought up, im doing it alongside my degree in motorsport engineering. dont think stick on plastic brembos would look too good for me
connollygt30

12th Dec 10 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have the mentioned willwood kit,i got solid discs with mine as well as the bells and rotors,pretty stealthy brakes compared to the big red reyland brakes and hi-spec
LeeM

12th Dec 10 at 22:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wheres good for hi-spec? the only reason i was thinking of other vauxhalls is because of the 406 brembos bolting straight on to saxo's, cheap and easy! i get the impression new vxr parts will still pull in a hefty premium
Corsa_Sport21

12th Dec 10 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LeeM
quote:

haha thought this would be brought up, im doing it alongside my degree in motorsport engineering. dont think stick on plastic brembos would look too good for me

But surely if you want to keep it stealthy,a set of big standard Vauxhall brakes would be more sufficient.
Corsa_Sport21

12th Dec 10 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Try and pick up a set of Fiat Coupe Turbo Brembos and make up some carriers for them.Been done before and wont be too hard if your doing a degree in ME.

Could pick up a set for about 100quid.
bigron1988

12th Dec 10 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wilwoods would be my choice , here on mine

LeeM

12th Dec 10 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Try and pick up a set of Fiat Coupe Turbo Brembos and make up some carriers for them.Been done before and wont be too hard if your doing a degree in ME.

Could pick up a set for about 100quid.

been done on a c? any idea who or what size discs and alloys? ive got access to all sorts of stuff from basic fabrication machiery to rapid prototypers (they do some funky shit, we can scan car bits and build virtual models etc) but ive never made anything myself and brakes are kind of important
i liek the look of those wilwoods posted above
LeeM

12th Dec 10 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.larkspeed.com/index.pl?a=i&p=HSECO3002406&part=Vauxhall-Corsa-B-C-Hi-Spec-Billet-4-Economy-Front-Brake-Conversion

looks ok? what makes the economy kit different to the uisual kit?
Corsa_Sport21

12th Dec 10 at 22:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably the discs being 1 piece for a start.
Ian
Site Administrator

12th Dec 10 at 22:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah 1 piece disc and silver finish on the caliper, same as I run on the Puma except I have 285mm disc.
LeeM

12th Dec 10 at 22:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

better than a 308mm kit using vauxhalll parts ian? i piece disks would be what i want anyway and silver could look good
antnee

12th Dec 10 at 23:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thought about K Sport? AK and Fee run them on their cars, I have 2 mates now running them too, I will be getting some at some point in the future.

Are the C hubs the same as the B?

If so, look under the Opel Tigra, 6 pot kit with either 286 or 304mm disks, £660 ex VAT (it includes everything though, pads, discs, calipers, bolts, lines, I think fluid too!)

http://www.ksport.co.uk/order.asp?id=294&loc=2
LeeM

12th Dec 10 at 23:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

6 pots big overkill i think! its not gonna see any real track action, i wont see the benefit of 4 pots tbh.
antnee

12th Dec 10 at 23:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Brakes are brakes, get the best you can afford!
spikedjack

12th Dec 10 at 23:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've had 308's and 4 pots.

the 4pots stop and feel better.

hispec billet 4's with mintex 1144's and braided lines (285mm disk)

do me fine on my corsa c turbo
Ian
Site Administrator

12th Dec 10 at 23:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LeeM
better than a 308mm kit using vauxhalll parts ian?
Yes, preferably to a single pot caliper even with the smaller disc. In fact probably better in the lighter car because they're less susceptible to locking up.
LeeM

12th Dec 10 at 23:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi specs added to the list, its getting longer by the day need to try and blag some of the bits for xmas off the rents...
alan-g-w

13th Dec 10 at 08:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

worst reason for getting better brakes ever, if 308's would do you just spend whatever you would on the hi-specs on stuff to make you go faster instead.
LeeM

13th Dec 10 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its like £120 more for the hi specs over the 308 kit, £120 on styling doesnt seem too much in my eyes especialy when its gonna make an improvement in braking
LeeM

13th Dec 10 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just found a second hand set for £325... would be rude not to

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » vauxhall 4 pot calipers 22 database queries in 0.0186870 seconds