corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » anyone want an apprenticship..?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author anyone want an apprenticship..?
taylorboosh

User status: Offline
21st Dec 10 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi some of you may know i'm a bt apprentice. They are taking on again and i know a load of you on here may be interested. pay is 12k a year as a first year and qaulified is 26k dependant on where you are. benifits are ace aswell..

We want new apprentices in new locations
Thank you for registering with Club BT.

If you've not already applied for one of our new apprenticeships now is the time.

The latest locations that we are recruiting in are Aldershot, Alton, Bolton, Bournemouth, Bristol, Chelmsford, Coventry, Dunstable, Durham, Exeter, Hemel Hempstead, High Wycombe, Leeds, Leicester, Liverpool, London, Maidenhead, Manchester, Milton Keynes, Northampton, Slough, Sunderland, Thame, Truro and Wolverhampton.

To be considered for our new Customer Engineering and Delivery apprenticeships you will need to have at least 5 A*- C GCSEs including English Language and Maths as well as a full UK Manual Drivers Licence, permanent right to work in the UK and be able to pass a colour recognition test.

We are recruiting with start dates from January 2011 so make sure you complete your application form as soon as possible to avoid missing out.

Click here to apply now

For more information about the new BT apprenticeships watch the 2 minute video on the left or visit the apprenticeships FAQs page.

Please note that although you have registered with Club BT, you will need to create a new registration within the application form.

Good luck with your application!

The BT Apprenticeship Team
Trouble viewing this?
Click Here

If you do not wish to receive this type of information from BT simply reply entitled 'Unsubscribe'

British Telecommunications PLC
81 Newgate Street, London EC1A 7AJ
Registered in England 1800000

taylorboosh

21st Dec 10 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.bt4me.co.uk/applicationForm/ - link to apply
neil h

21st Dec 10 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just outta interest what sorta qualifications do you get out of this? I've just completed an apprenticeship and we weren't on 12k till our final year.
taylorboosh

21st Dec 10 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

erm a btec and an nvq if my memory is correct.. also company van, laptop, mobile ect free broadband and vision
Gaz

21st Dec 10 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BT are cunts though. I'm sure the training just shows you how to do your damnedest to piss of the customer and show disregard for what they are actually requesting.
taylorboosh

21st Dec 10 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea but i actually work for openreach not bt, i just say bt so the less informed associate it....
taylorboosh

21st Dec 10 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i just thought this day and age a decent career is hard to come by and some may have an interest
AlunJ

21st Dec 10 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If I didn't have a mortgage to pay I'd probably go for that! My brother applied the other year, didn't get through though.
Liam

21st Dec 10 at 22:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the maths stops me doing anything like this - I have 4 Cs + a BTEC but I got an E in maths
taylorboosh

21st Dec 10 at 22:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i only just got in on english tbh
marklaruk

21st Dec 10 at 23:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fook they are keen on the gcse's eh!
j10E W

21st Dec 10 at 23:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that would be quite a good scheme to some,
seems that all firms are keen on gcse's
when i was on my apprenticeship, i had to do math english and i.t again because my gcse's was compleated over 3 years ago, that was a pain
Jamie Walby

22nd Dec 10 at 00:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been thinking about a career change.......
R Lee

22nd Dec 10 at 00:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you have to be in a particular age bracket?
adiohead

22nd Dec 10 at 00:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks, I may apply.

The guy in the video has goggle tan lines around his eyes

the whois freaked me out too:

Domain name:
bt4me.co.uk

Registrant:
Nick Newman Newman

Trading as:
Careersbox ltd

Registrant type:
Unknown

Registrant's address:
Jubilee Cottage
Cambridge
CB5 0DU
United Kingdom

[Edited on 22-12-2010 by adiohead]
taylorboosh

22nd Dec 10 at 00:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by R Lee
Do you have to be in a particular age bracket?

Im 22 and a first year. A lad who started with me is 30.

If anyone does apply and make the next stage, feel free to u2u for tips as ive recently been through the process. And be quick because they get 20000 applications for 200 jobs...
dannymccann

22nd Dec 10 at 09:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by marklaruk
fook they are keen on the gcse's eh!

Really? 5 a* - c, shouldn't be let out of education with any less than that surely, how would you ever get a job? End up on JSA forever
oceansoul

22nd Dec 10 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

These big company apprenticships are well worth it. I've just completed one with Thames Water. Sounds similer to the OpenReach one, that a couple of friends have applied for (none got it though).
Ojc

22nd Dec 10 at 10:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by john-d

The latest locations that we are recruiting in are Aldershot, Alton, High Wycombe, London, Maidenhead, Slough, Thame,

To be considered for our new Customer Engineering and Delivery apprenticeships you will need to have at least 5 A*- C GCSEs including English Language and Maths

What utter bullshit, I know people with A* who are thick as horse shit, something I done 11 years ago when I was immature twat smashing up tables and having flame thrower fights with bunsen burners now prevents me from applying for a job? I find that disgusting.
John

22nd Dec 10 at 10:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exactly, even the thick people got A* so if you didn't get that you've got problems.
Ian W

22nd Dec 10 at 10:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
quote:
Originally posted by john-d

The latest locations that we are recruiting in are Aldershot, Alton, High Wycombe, London, Maidenhead, Slough, Thame,

To be considered for our new Customer Engineering and Delivery apprenticeships you will need to have at least 5 A*- C GCSEs including English Language and Maths

What utter bullshit, I know people with A* who are thick as horse shit, something I done 11 years ago when I was immature twat smashing up tables and having flame thrower fights with bunsen burners now prevents me from applying for a job? I find that disgusting.

GCSE's are pointless past the age of 18, I did shit in mine as I was to busy fucking around in school but i'm doing ok now
Ojc

22nd Dec 10 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Exactly, even the thick people got A* so if you didn't get that you've got problems.

Let me tell you something John Boy, I spent from Year 8 - 95 to Year 11 1999 doing absolutely nothing other than fingering girls and bunking off school or disrupting lessons. Just because I didn't listen to a single word a teacher said to me I'm classed as an intellectual failure?

These idiots get taught how to pass an exam, not taught to be intelligent. I didn't complete one bit of coursework because I had my Aprilia SR50 and I would prefer to cruise the streets than sit at home writing reams of bullshit about Lady Macbeth or why the Treaty of Versailles was a failure.

[Edited on 22-12-2010 by Ojc]
noshua

22nd Dec 10 at 10:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I applied for the IT one a couple years ago, it was one level higher than the engineer one so the pay was £16k to start I think?

As mentioned you get the van, laptop, phone, etc within the first 2 weeks.

Interview day is a bit sit- sit around with a bunch of people playing stupid group activity games, obviously they're checking to see how you interact and what not. After that there's the interview stage if you get through.

Shame it was a long commute otherwise it would have been perfect.
mwg

22nd Dec 10 at 10:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I always said half the stuff they tried to teach me at school I'd never use again. And I was right.
noshua

22nd Dec 10 at 10:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ojc is Bart Simpson. FACT

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » anyone want an apprenticship..? 22 database queries in 0.0184112 seconds