corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » VAT fails

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author VAT fails
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Offline
5th Jan 11 at 21:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Two so far today, one on here, the other on FB.

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=587969

But this made me laugh

**** likes awkward moment when the vat goes up and poundland changes to £1.25 land

Not sure if he'll admit to that one
Nath

5th Jan 11 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian

**** likes awkward moment when the vat goes up and poundland changes to £1.25 land

epic
XE Col
Premium Member

5th Jan 11 at 21:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian

MarkSport

5th Jan 11 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A mate of mine put the same poundland status. Just a typical "copy me" style status that most people follow
chloe16v

5th Jan 11 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what gets me with this VAT increase is that company's bought their stock in before the VAT increase so by putting the price up on the stock they already had, they are pocketing the profit. The should wait until they buy new stock before putting the prices up imo
Jake

5th Jan 11 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chloe16v
what gets me with this VAT increase is that company's bought their stock in before the VAT increase so by putting the price up on the stock they already had, they are pocketing the profit. The should wait until they buy new stock before putting the prices up imo

WOT
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

5th Jan 11 at 21:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes they bought it and paid 17.5% but when they sell it now, after the increase, they've got to give the 20% to the VAT man, companies aren't making by selling old stock
pow
Premium Member

5th Jan 11 at 21:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you are JOKING

[Edited on 05-01-2011 by pow]
daymoon
Premium Member

5th Jan 11 at 21:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

no what happening is that stores put up prices by more than just 2.5% that VAT gone up by. VAT increase just "hides" it from people...
Phillips_91

5th Jan 11 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian

would this be me by anychance? you have me on fb and i liked that!
ed

5th Jan 11 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like it how suddenly VAT goes up and now everything is 'too expensive to buy'. Am I the only person who has found that things have been expensive for a very long time because of inflation, fuel prices and the cost of oil and other raw materials. The press seem to be having a field day on it though as if there are no other contributing factors and everyone is just lapping it up
Ian
Site Administrator

5th Jan 11 at 21:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
They won't have paid VAT on the stuff they bought, and they don't keep the VAT on the stuff they sell.
AndyKent

5th Jan 11 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
I like it how suddenly VAT goes up and now everything is 'too expensive to buy'. Am I the only person who has found that things have been expensive for a very long time because of inflation, fuel prices and the cost of oil and other raw materials. The press seem to be having a field day on it though as if there are no other contributing factors and everyone is just lapping it up

Same. And the sad thing is the amount of people who take it all in as if 2.5% is the end of the world.

Only earlier I was talking to a tenant who said "I dread to think of my next food bill now VAT is risen"
Root

5th Jan 11 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyKent
quote:
Originally posted by ed

Same. And the sad thing is the amount of people who take it all in as if 2.5% is the end of the world.

Only earlier I was talking to a tenant who said "I dread to think of my next food bill now VAT is risen"

2.5% is not much on most purchases, granted, it'll add up though.

More people are annoyed that we're paying 20% total VAT, this is an outrageous amount compared to other countries in the EU. Rip off Britain
Nath

5th Jan 11 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ed

Wow
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

5th Jan 11 at 21:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've just worked it out and on the trailer I'm after which is just over £1200 without VAT, I'll be paying £31 more because of the VAT increase.

In the grand scheme of things, it's nothing
Ben G

5th Jan 11 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fucking 2.5% and people think it's the end of the world

it's £25 on every grand ffs.

fair enough if you buy a £20000 car then £500 is a fair bit of wedge, but on normal things it's not even worth moaning about.

the only thing i've seen a massive increase in is petrol (was 128.9) in a local tesco's. digusting.
Ben G

5th Jan 11 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ed

tell him he's a fucking idiot as most foods are vat exempt. retarded butt fuck carrot cake
Root

5th Jan 11 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mike B
I've just worked it out and on the trailer I'm after which is just over £1200 without VAT, I'll be paying £31 more because of the VAT increase.

In the grand scheme of things, it's nothing

It's not much. Imagine if you had no VAT to pay. It'd cost you £960 instead. 20% VAT is a hefty amount. Very annoying when you lose X amount to the tax man before you even get your wages too.
Russ

5th Jan 11 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Don't ever breed with Andrew.
Nath

5th Jan 11 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
quote:
Andrew doesn't know how to breed so we're alright.
Cavey

5th Jan 11 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This has been announced and planned for months and months as well, everyone knew about it, if they were worried should of bought ages ago.

The average middle income family is going to be £4 worse off EVERY WEEK. That's like a pint and half they'll have to live without now.

It's hardly anything, annoying yes, but the country is in the shit, and it's needed unfortunately
chloe16v

5th Jan 11 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

who is Andrew? an what is wrong with him?
Russ

5th Jan 11 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
quote:
Originally posted by Russ
quote:
Andrew doesn't know how to breed so we're alright.
He knows they have holes
ed

5th Jan 11 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tyres for my car now cost £75. In 2008 when I last replaced them they were £60, I blame the increase in VAT.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » VAT fails 22 database queries in 0.1602490 seconds