corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Tattoo day.

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Tattoo day.
jibjob

User status: Offline
17th Jan 11 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes i know this get's covered every month or two but i'm after a few sensible ideas for a couple of new tattoos. I don't want sarcastic comments and piss taking just sensible answers possibly with pictures, so no cowboys tossing off dolphins or any random crap like that

I want a tattoo(s) that:
Make 2 full sleeves
Are unique
Are something slightly different from the norm but nothing too mental
Preferably black and white with maybe a couple of small bits of colour
Must blend well with the tattoo's i already have

Other than that im open to any ideas even if its just a single picture as i can then blend it together with different ideas.

My tattoo's already:

Lower left forearm on the inside

Upper right bicep outside - yes i know its shit thats why i need help finding something different that will blend well with it

Right calf

Any genuine help is greatly appreciated
Scotty C

17th Jan 11 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I shall be keeping a close eye on this thread as I want a sleeve.

I've already got stars going down my arm but I'm on my phone so I can't get pics
Marc

17th Jan 11 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd go for the cowboy tossing off the dolphin tbh.
BarnshaW

17th Jan 11 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i like the one on your leg, looks good that
jibjob

17th Jan 11 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Scotty I really want something unique but not strange if that makes sense. Some of my mates have got really random sleeves that on paper sound crap but look so good. They've got babies with headphones on, Marylin Monroe, random all red writing wrapped around his arm, etc.

Marc i was tempted but it just wasn't doing anything for me when i looked at the design.

Cheers Barnshaw it was a half finished design off the internet so i never found out the artist but it's very similar to Lowrider style designs.
Reecemac

17th Jan 11 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you got pictures of yours mates ones? they sound interesting. I like the calf one too, how much did that cost if you don't mind me asking? I really want a half sleeve but want it to be something perfect before I get it done.
jibjob

17th Jan 11 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can see what i can find mate and i'll post them up if i can. The one on my leg cost me £60 but thats massively cheap compared to most places considering the quality of it. The guy that did it has a poster that says "good tattoo's ain't cheap, cheap tattoo's ain't good" and most of the time its very true. Most other places i'd be looking over £100 for it.
AuroraSport

17th Jan 11 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You have a few differing styles there, that tribal one goes against your ladies.
I would decide on a theme you personally like first. Also if the artist is good enough then any ideas/pictures/doodles no matter how 'different' you give them can be made into an awesome tattoo.
jibjob

17th Jan 11 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can't find the Marylin one but this is the same lad

jibjob

17th Jan 11 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AuroraSport
You have a few differing styles there, that tribal one goes against your ladies.
I would decide on a theme you personally like first. Also if the artist is good enough then any ideas/pictures/doodles no matter how 'different' you give them can be made into an awesome tattoo.

Ye this is the problem. I have the tribal on one arm and the woman with flames on the other. For the arm with flames i was thinking something possibly religious ad the lower arm could represent hell and working up to heaven at the top but i want something different to the Virgin Mary and Jesus. The tribal arm doesn't leave a lot other than possibly other tribal or Maori but im trying to keep away from tribal and possibly just incorporate it into something else.

The guy that did my leg came up with some good ideas on how to blend bits into an amazing design it's just deciding what i want the design to be.
AuroraSport

17th Jan 11 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Great portrait not a fan of the style of writing though.
Scotty C

17th Jan 11 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I LOVE the idea on having an old school mic with musical notes going down my arm, and that is my intail design (drawn up) but I'm not massively into music to justify this..
jibjob

17th Jan 11 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The way i see it is you either get something that means something to you or you get something you love the design of. I love the design of all of mine even the tribal one, the only reason i have reservations about the tribal one is making it fit into a sleeve.
AuroraSport

17th Jan 11 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What ideas did your artist have for the blend? Your lady on your left im sure can be incorporated. See i would like to have similar styles/theme, others may not agree.
Reecemac

17th Jan 11 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They all look all done very well, that audrey hepburn one is incredible. Cannot believe that calf one was only £60 round here its more like £200! for something like that and it looks very well done. I wouldn't mind saving money to get a good one as you have it for life but that looks fantastic and very well priced.

[Edited on 17-01-2011 by Reecemac]
jibjob

17th Jan 11 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well the woman behind the flames we were going to extend the flames all the way round and possibly put another figure behind flames on the reverse but the figure was more my idea. He then suggested something rising from the flames such as clouds or smoke but im leaning more towards something like a man reaching out or a phoenix. After that its just a case of carrying the sleeve on upwards.

Reece - the Audrey one was done by a local company, its not the one i use as they are quite expensive but also a bit hit and miss. He either does work like that or it comes out a bit crap. The bloke i use is independant, co-rents a shop with a barber, is late 40's, works alone and has paid off his mortgage etc so is able to charge a lot less. He's also a lot more experienced and honest with his tattoo'ing. For example if you ask him for a portrait if he's not perfect at them he'll recommend another artist from somewhere else so it guarentees good work. If they charge that much near you look further away. The price it would cost you to drive up here and get it done you would still save money and probably get a better tattoo at the same time.
Gary
Premium Member

17th Jan 11 at 21:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shouldt need to ask for advice imo.

My next will be a sleeve, i would start now but i cant think of anything i know i wont want rid of later.

Gonna start with upper right arm and work down when i get each idea.
jibjob

17th Jan 11 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's not really advice im asking for its more ideas. I'm not bad at designing something or matching stuff for a design when i have an original idea, it's just getting that idea.

As for the starting at one place and working up/down i would do that but i want a large design that all flows as one and is made to look like one design.

I've got quite a few sketches and pictures of rough things i want but nothing really jumps out at me hence why im asking for ideas to see what pops up that i might not have thought about.
Joe

17th Jan 11 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://fuckyeahtattoos.tumblr.com

I think this looks ace, would like something like this...

[Edited on 17-01-2011 by Joe]
jibjob

17th Jan 11 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Day of the Dead tattoo's are

The only problem its they are quite intricate designs and if i got a full sleeve of the similar style i fear it will look a bit too dark.

Cheers for that website though Joe theres a lot on there i like so far!
Matt H

17th Jan 11 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joe
http://fuckyeahtattoos.tumblr.com

I think this looks ace, would like something like this...

[Edited on 17-01-2011 by Joe]

I'm not sure, but I think to have this tattoo you need to be a bit fat, have a beard & wear 3/4 trousers at every opportunity

\m/
Joe

17th Jan 11 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But but I don't tick any of those boxes Matt
sc0ott

17th Jan 11 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Guy who i work with has a gypsy skull. They are smart and make a good base to a full sleeve

Jibjob. I suggest you speak to a 'good' tattooist as to what they can do to tidy them up / blend them in.
Its worth going that extra mile as tattoos only last a life time.

[Edited on 17-01-2011 by sc0ott]
LeeM

17th Jan 11 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gary
Premium Member

17th Jan 11 at 22:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hate bright tattoos.

Black and grey FTW

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Tattoo day. 22 database queries in 0.1602511 seconds