corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Rush hour racing / aggressive driving

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Rush hour racing / aggressive driving
Ash_EP3

User status: Offline
27th Jan 11 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Driving home today and the amount of people flooring it, overtaking, sat on back bumpers was unreal... Perhaps 'racing' is a little strong, but the level of aggression was sureal (I travel on the m4 corridor for part of the journey)... the most epic part has to be on a dual carriageway where the lanes merge from 2 to 1 and no-one would let a polo bluemotion in so they floored it all the way down on the wrong side of the road turns out it was a middle aged woman

Perhaps I was missing out on a 90% sale somewhere

at the Golf 1.6 FSI and Focus 5 door sat on my arse as well

Anyone else notice this type of driving @ specific times of the day?
Walshyposse

27th Jan 11 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, there are alot of idiots especially between 5 and 6pm when they are on way home from work. They dont care about anyone else but themselves. Saying that. I used to be one of them idiots when i had a work van at the previous company I worked for.
Ben G

27th Jan 11 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get loads of this in the mornings when the a13 is gridlocked.

i try to get onto the a13 and every cunt in their rep mobile keeps nudging forward so i can't get in.

in the end, i just swing the car out and they soon shit themselves.

really sad tbh, people think they are god and own the road.
Jambo

27th Jan 11 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would blame the people out for a Sunday drive at rushour.

Some people have better things to do than wilfully waste time sat doing 30mph in a 60 limit. If it's safe to overtake it's perfectly legal.

shaunmods
Premium Member

27th Jan 11 at 21:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep its really bad round here first thing in the morning. One morning I was on my way to uni when I hit some traffic cueing towards a roundabout. It was a single lane road which split into two lanes when you got right up to the island. I had about 20 cars in front of me going up to the island yet people behind me started just pulling out onto the other side of the road (60mph limit) into the path of oncoming traffic to get to the island faster The amount of people that had to slam on and swerve out the way of the idiots was unreal.

[Edited on 27-01-2011 by shaunmods]
Kurt

27th Jan 11 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some utter cunt in a Navara type thing nearly wiped me out as I pulled out of work, normally people sit on the keep clear, for once it was actualy clear

I'm sat on the edge of the forecourt indicating right traffic is clear left, traffic is coming from the right, lights change so traffic is slowing, one car slows and stops to let me out, I'm looking left to check, start to creep forward and this dick comes flying round the stopped cars to my right, its two lanes at the lights but single where you come out the garage. So people wanting to turn right at the lights often come flying passed
John

27th Jan 11 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I sat in a queue for a bit today where it goes from 2 lanes at a set of lights into 1 lane straight after.

Taxi comes battering down the right hand side, I didn't let him in so he beeped his horn at me and flashed his lights the twat, because he jumped the queue.

Turned off when I stuck my brakes one, lucky because it saved me running away
Bobber123

27th Jan 11 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hate people that try to make me speed up by driving right on my bumper. I just wait until there is no way for them to overtake and just sit at about 5mph for as long as I can stand it, its great seeing their reaction in my mirrors but the worst driving is deffinatly at rush hour, either people rushing to get to work or rushing home for tea or home and away
mattant

27th Jan 11 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hate it when the motorway is grid locked, and you try and join it from the slip road but the people on the motorway park as close together as possible to try and stop you joining
Mattb

27th Jan 11 at 21:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo

Some people have better things to do than wilfully waste time sat doing 30mph in a 60 limit. If it's safe to overtake it's perfectly legal.

I get this far far far to often - i use a 60mph b-road daily and the amount of people that i get behind doing 30 or less! then theres the stopping when another car comes the other way - boils my piss i tell thee!!

also i found driving at around 7am into london was one of the worst times to be on the road! everyone is on a bloody mission and god help anyone in anyones way!
SetH

27th Jan 11 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep same here during Morning and Evening rush hours. I have 32 miles of dual carriage way driving every day and its absolutely horrendous and completely different feel to a Weekend. There are far to many people in this Country and way too many cars on a road network that cant cope. It will just keep getting worse and worse each Year.

Another Tick for leaving the UK imo.
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
27th Jan 11 at 22:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If the road goes down from two lanes to one, no one is jumping the queue just because they don't come in early.

I stay out until the merge. In fact the other day I left lane 1 to overtake the queue and rejoin in front.

Not popular but also neither illegal nor dangerous.

Sitting in lane 1 just so you are in your turn is a silly idea. People would be far better driving to the merge and then merging. Fairer, safer and usually faster because when you merge at the join, the single file traffic is generally moving.
John

27th Jan 11 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know, I jump it too

If nobody lets you in it's tough luck though, not the problem of the guy that doesn't let you in.
pow
Premium Member

27th Jan 11 at 22:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I love playing chicken with people who don't understand 'merge in turn'
Ian
Site Administrator

27th Jan 11 at 22:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I usually try and find people who are leaving no gap and pick them.
AndyKent

27th Jan 11 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm also a 'jumper'

Fuck sitting around in a queue when there a clear lane. You wouldn't go to Tesco and join the long queue for the basket till when theres a self-serve free next door.
John

27th Jan 11 at 22:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree, still not the fault of the person not letting you in, I would just get in behind them and get on with it, not flash and beep at them.
pow
Premium Member

27th Jan 11 at 22:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian

I like this game as well...

Ummm, driving a 316d wearing a GEORGE suit driving half a pubic hair away from the scared little old lady in her Micra in front? I'll be inbetween you two then
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

27th Jan 11 at 22:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian

Whilst driving a Freelander, with a car trailer on the back? They'll definitely give in first
sc0ott

27th Jan 11 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I go a way where 2 lanes merge into 1 slip road on to another motorway which is busy as fuck. The reason its always tailed back is because those who use the fast lane, so lorries tend to team up so both go along at the same speed so no one can get passed on the fast lane.
Ive seen a cr smith van do it as well and when it turned in at the end the car behind over took do the van driver swerved towards him and tbh if the car driver didnt move as well he was getting hit.

Still, i love the amount of road rage because i never let any one who cant be bothered waiting in either and the look on their faces is priceless

[Edited on 27-01-2011 by sc0ott]
Ian
Site Administrator

27th Jan 11 at 22:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by tom_simes
Whilst driving a Freelander, with a car trailer on the back? They'll definitely give in first
Forgot I had witnesses
sc0ott

27th Jan 11 at 22:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The reason ques are so long and slow is because fannys that cut in at the last minute which causes everyone to start braking / panicing. Yes you do get the other cunts that leave 3 miles between them and the car in front but then not everyones like that.
Then theres the ones that pretty much stop because they cant get in.
Ian
Site Administrator

27th Jan 11 at 22:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Disagree completely.

The problem is caused by people not filling the whole road, not by those who choose (legally) to do so.
sc0ott

27th Jan 11 at 22:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its obviously impossible to fill the whole road and you cannot have hundreds of cars tailgate each other at 70mph.
Its due to those using the fast lane until the get within yards of the junction and if they cant get in they slow right down, then everyone else has to slow down.
micra_pete
Premium Member

27th Jan 11 at 22:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo

I agree. I have a 40 mile commute home to see my son who doesn't go to bed that late. I want to have tea (dinner your you dirty southerners) and if you drive and 40 in a 60, I will pressure you a little and overtake if possible.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Rush hour racing / aggressive driving 22 database queries in 0.1743970 seconds