corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Lifts into Work.......

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Lifts into Work.......
richardworrall
Premium Member

User status: Offline
13th Feb 11 at 17:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you had to get a lift into and back from work a couple of times a week from one of your workmates, who gets in at the same time as you and has to go past the end of your street, would you feel obliged to offer him some cash for petrol money even though hes not going out of his way and whether i was there or not would be going into work anyway?

And if so how much do you reckon for a six mile each way trip possibly 2 days at the most.

[Edited on 13-02-2011 by richardworrall]
DannyB
Premium Member

13th Feb 11 at 17:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd offer him some just to be kind, he may refuse it anyway.
Eck
Premium Member

13th Feb 11 at 17:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Offer a fiver. May get rejected anyway.
CorsAsh

13th Feb 11 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How much would it cost on the bus? Think of that and offer him something accordingly.
Jamescorsa97

13th Feb 11 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsAsh
How much would it cost on the bus? Think of that and offer him something accordingly.

Spot on. Even though he's not making a detour to take you to and from work. He could quite as easily tell you to fuck off and you would have to get the bus.
AndyKent

13th Feb 11 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep. Defo offer something even if it's a couple of pints end of the week.
dava.

13th Feb 11 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yup, as said think how much a bus would cost you each way everyday, as well as that your getting picked up so not having to head out to bus stop, deal with weirdos on bus and you will save some time as well,
£10 a week is about going rate at my work for getting a lift
Edd

13th Feb 11 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i wouldnt even stop for you tbh
Cole

13th Feb 11 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the guy i give a lift to work buys me a kfc once a month for taking him to work costs me £80 in deisel anf he buys me a £6 kfc althought this month its a harvester early bird lol
Scotty C

13th Feb 11 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What ash said.

When I went to college, i used to picks my mates up (wasent going out of my way) and I used to charge the 4 of them £5 a week.
Tommy L

13th Feb 11 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just buy him a Burger King every so often when he picks me up. Sometimes I pick him up anyway but he does it more often.
emicen

13th Feb 11 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In the first instance I'd reciprocate by giving him a lift a couple of times the next week.

Looking at car pooling for my new job, far easier that way than money exchange which raises exactly this type of question.
Brett
Premium Member

13th Feb 11 at 19:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd find it insulting being offered a fiver tbh. Just ask him straight if he wants payment and if so how much. As said, he'll possibly decline anyway.
Liam

13th Feb 11 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Offer him £10 as it'll cost not far of that in bus fair twice a day if fares where I live are anything to go by.
MarkSport

13th Feb 11 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A college mate wanted me to pick him up. I have been doing it since september going 3 mile out my way on the morning and on way back and he never mentioned it once. then he decided to mention it in december but still hasnt given me none...so i stopped picking him up.
Neil Dagens

13th Feb 11 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to give my mate money when he used to give me a lift to college, even though it's on his way. Although I couldn't drive at the time so it was cheaper than £25 a week on the train. If I were you I'd still offer him some? As surely it would still be saving you money for petrol?
shaunmods
Premium Member

13th Feb 11 at 20:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im in the situation at the minute. I started dropping off a mate from uni home a couple of times to save him getting the bus. Im saving him about £6 everytime as its about a 15 mile trip. But hes never once offered me any money towards my petrol or parking even though I have to drive literally passed my house for another couple of miles to get to his. Tbh I probably wouldn't take it even if he did offer but its the principle. He even has a licence but cant be bothered to get a car. I've stopped offering now.

[Edited on 13-02-2011 by shaunmods]
Scotty C

13th Feb 11 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats just it Shaun, I can't stand it when people don't offer when they know you're goin out of your way for them
Dan295

13th Feb 11 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did this with a girl who lived round the corner from me, saved her like £30 a week on a 10 mile journey as she would get the train and then bus, didnt like to take cash off her so i refused. im an idiot
pow
Premium Member

13th Feb 11 at 21:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Neo used to give me £20 a month back in the day to take him to school and back pretty much every day. He was happy with the arrangement
Colin

13th Feb 11 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tell him your skint but you'll suck him off at the traffic light if he likes.

That way you've offered & hes refused.

However if he doesnt refuse...........unlucky get bobbing!!
Dan
Premium Member

13th Feb 11 at 22:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I drive literally right past a work mates house on the way to work.

We used to take it in turns each week. His missus got a job so needs his car now.

He now puts the petrol in every other week. It costs about 10er a week to get to work and back. So it's costing him £5 a week over the year. I doubt he could even insure, tax and mot a car for that.

So it's win win for us both.

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
Ben G

14th Feb 11 at 00:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can't believe you even have to ask you obviously don't have any respect for your workmates.

i used to bring a guy in and drop him off and he gave me 20 quid a week but i had to go out of my way.

i take my mate home sometimes now but i don't charge him as he's a good mate.

[Edited on 14-02-2011 by Ben G]
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

14th Feb 11 at 00:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont give lifts usually
JaffaTB

14th Feb 11 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i hate people who assume you will give them a free lift as you go that way anyway

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Lifts into Work....... 23 database queries in 0.0312049 seconds