corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » high spec corsa sport beginning is now

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author high spec corsa sport beginning is now
fenwick1991

User status: Offline
14th Feb 11 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oryt a thought a wud start a we project file and add me pics and progress through the year

so far got meself a 1.4 sport corsa

got a 1.4 sport engine stripped dwn to the block and plannin on upgradin everything on the engine

decided to use the small block instead of the redtop cos been there dne tht now so a wanted to be different

also got a f13 gearbox fully striped dwn also will eventually be straight cut

a wud lyk to hear folks thoughts on me project and help give me some ideas through the year

cheers

will eventually get pics up wen me phnes fixed
fenwick1991

14th Feb 11 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh aye also got a full gsi kit purchased for the car also
philip2

14th Feb 11 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

need any engine parts drop me a pm, i can get all the uprated parts you would need to build a ripper of an engine.

good luck with the build and bit of advise...try and type in normal talk not text talk, makes thread easier to read
fenwick1991

14th Feb 11 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers a will do that from now on speak in english not text and what sort of parts do u sell phillip or able to get more detail please
cheers
philip2

14th Feb 11 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if planning on building a decent 1400s i can get steel crank..even though if went that far you wouldnt have a friendly road car. steel rods, pistons, valves, colsibro guides, double springs, spring platforms, steel caps, cams, verniers, headwork, clutches etc etc whatever you would need to build a top spec screaming engine tbh.
fenwick1991

14th Feb 11 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well am planning to use it on the road when i am finished but am wanting to get as much power as a can from the we block lyk
philip2

15th Feb 11 at 01:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sure can build something that goes well and still useable on the road easy enough but do bear in mind it wont be cheap.
fenwick1991

15th Feb 11 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah a dont mind how much things will cost at the end of the day a would like it my own spec and be mine

build not bought the saying would be
fenwick1991

15th Feb 11 at 17:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well today i have now took the water pump out just got sump and oil pump left to remove and got the wire brush at the block today its looking very clean compared to wat it was like when a got it
philip2

15th Feb 11 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

look towards bottom of my thread and you should see some of the parts ive got in my c16xe.

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=510915&page=5
fenwick1991

15th Feb 11 at 22:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

am impressed like what sort of spec are u looking at with your engine phillip
philip2

15th Feb 11 at 23:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

spec? you mean power? im hoping for around 185-190bhp with any luck. 195bhp would be awesome but still on hydraulic lifters so wont rev it over 7.5k or there abouts
fenwick1991

15th Feb 11 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yh sorry a meant power

theres a boy bill falconer u prob heard of does vauxhall tuning for rallly cars a few miles from me a was thinking of seeing what hes got to offer cause he builds engines at lyk 200bhp plus but there rally spec but a dont know wat would be like for road use. and 195bhp would be a ideal figure for me to try and reach has it been quite a expensive build so far or have u been lucky way some sneaky bargains
philip2

15th Feb 11 at 23:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cost me about £4.5k with the ex manifold and system and rolling road too. got cams bit cheaper, but i dont all my own building so labour is fuck all or you could maybe add 700 or so for labour, porting etc.

bills pretty good tbf to him but when i rang up about his ex manifold he got snotty and imo an arse saying he doesnt deal with the boy racer crowd....except last time i checked a boy racer doesnt build a top spec small block. so put me off, i get most of my parts off martin bowyer now for all the engines i build, one of the best engine builders in the country imo.

[Edited on 15-02-2011 by philip2]
fenwick1991

16th Feb 11 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a see wat u mean wheres martin bowyer located in the country?
fenwick1991

16th Feb 11 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

todays update got me sport engine to just a block now crank and pistons were removed today. goning clean it up so its looking mint tomorrow
fenwick1991

17th Feb 11 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well geting me block painted now but just puting a first coat of white down but what colour should a paint block any suggestions

and does anyone know any good engine companys that do borin cause a want to make it 1600cc
fenwick1991

19th Feb 11 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well new update engine is stayin a 1400cc spoke to a rally builder in me area and what a have all been told a was fair impressed way the figures a could get even with out throttle bodys

anyways progress got me cr f13 gearbox fully stripped down for painting but a have found a f15cr box which a might prefer to use

also still dont have a camera or me phone working to take pics hopefully next week a will have some pics

[Edited on 19-02-2011 by fenwick1991]
Warren G

19th Feb 11 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id start with the bigger CC or the 2 and go 1600

or go 1800, mines putting out 196bhp/149lbft @7500rpm

standard bottom end too
fenwick1991

19th Feb 11 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a was thinking 1600 but a was told without throttles a can get around 170bhp with just changin me pistons and a lot of work in me cylinder head if a use throttles he said he could get it around what urs is puttin out or more
fenwick1991

19th Feb 11 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a still havent got around in decidedin about the bore size yet tho am sort looking into prices atm to see what a all can afford
Warren G

19th Feb 11 at 14:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did he say what the cost would be though....all very well saying thoes things, you would need to go after market, and might aswell go tb's
fenwick1991

19th Feb 11 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no he uses standard components on engine and puts them to his spec is not as much as folk would think am still waiting on a sort of price atm
philip2

20th Feb 11 at 07:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

170bhp seems a mega amount for a 1400 without going on tbs tbh...virtually impossible imho on a single tb. you would need to rev the tits off it so rods, pistons, lairy cams, headwork, maybe even valves, double springs etc, think the guys pulling your leg power wise. if im on bike carbs and running a pretty fruity spec 1600 and only looking at 190bhp or so then 170bhp from a 1400 without carbs or tbs i honestly cant see happening. martin bowyer is one of the countries best engine builders in the rally. rally x, tarmac scene imo and hes getting about 210bhp on a wet sumped 1600 or there abouts and think thats a 5figure engine too

as for martin hes located in hereford, but unless he knows you he can be a very difficult man to get hold of.

if have a known budget maybe we can suggest a few ideas but as warren said unless planning on racing it where cc is more important then id opt for the 1600 but would be better off on the 1600 bottom end.
fenwick1991

20th Feb 11 at 09:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it was bill falconer a was speakin to phillip hes willing to help me build me engine

and am possibly thinking going 1600 but a would need to source another block or crank though

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » high spec corsa sport beginning is now 23 database queries in 0.0127399 seconds