corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » what would be the legalities of having this...

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author what would be the legalities of having this...
Matt L

User status: Offline
19th Feb 11 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.maplin.co.uk/scrolling-message-board-35483

to pop up when needed to give people on the motorway a polite message telling them to use the inside lane when there is no person in it for the next 70miles?

Really boils my p*ss

but would the police frown up on it? seen as they have them in their cars?
chrisritch

19th Feb 11 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheaper on ebay lol

Mine would constantly read

turn your foglights off you cunt!
Matt L

19th Feb 11 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine would say that aswell

anyone else ever get the urge to just pull up opposite a car thats parked with its main lights and and just sit there flashing constantly?
pow
Premium Member

19th Feb 11 at 18:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The old flashy flashy works 90% of the time
Matt L

19th Feb 11 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
The old flashy flashy works 90% of the time

it does until the pul back out once you have gone past lol that winds me up even more

i actually look forward to the day when i get pulled over for undertaking some clown on the motorway.
Neo

19th Feb 11 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I flashed at someone yesterday, right wanker was doing 56 in the fast lane with nothing to the left of us to be seen, started flashing me and put his full beam on, followed me and tried to keep up. Cunt shit !
Mertin

19th Feb 11 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hate people that feel the need to flash at you constantly when you overtake them.
Yes I overtook you, now stop flashing your lights and get over it
antnee

20th Feb 11 at 00:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I flashed someone in the Ibiza (which had 4300k HID's) and I think they thought I was a copper cos they pulled over!
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

20th Feb 11 at 01:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mertin
I hate people that feel the need to flash at you constantly when you overtake them.

I just take it as congratulations on a well performed maneuver and thank them with a wave, it can't really be anything else considering I've not done anything wrong

In regard to the OP, most of the people I come across sat in the wrong lane would probably be too wrapped up in their own little land to even notice the bright red sign in front of them so you might as well save your money. A while back I was that sick of seeing people sitting in the middle lane of the M6 in the early hours of the morning on a drive back from somewhere that I used the virtually empty roads to test one of them. I waited until there was a clear stretch with plenty of visibility for any cars that may have come up behind, I overtook the 1 other car that was on that stretch of motorway, which sat in the middle lane pulled into the middle lane in front of him and backed of the accelerator so I started slowing down, just to see if they had enough nouse to move over and overtake me.

After getting down to 25 mph and still having them sat behind me, there were many gestures passed to indicate what they should be doing and what I generally thought of them then I started to speed up to continue my journey home and up until them going out of site in my mirror, they were still sat in the middle lane of an otherwise empty motorway

[Edited on 20-02-2011 by Mike B]
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

20th Feb 11 at 01:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

some cunt tonight stopped infront of me tonight because there was a police car coming the other way!
xa0s
Banned

20th Feb 11 at 07:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Same, I don't really get it, casual little overtake and they go mental with the flashing... What exactly are they saying? I honestly don't know, if it was dangerous or affected their driving fine but it didn't so what the fuck are they doing it for? I just treat flashs as a compliment now, a sign of good driving etc
VegasPhil
Premium Member

20th Feb 11 at 08:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would support it if the police could give £30 fines for blatant middle lane hoggers

THE most annoying thing on the road.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Gary
Premium Member

20th Feb 11 at 08:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham
some cunt tonight stopped infront of me tonight because there was a police car coming the other way!

This really fucks me off! It's on the other side you tool!!

AndyKent

20th Feb 11 at 08:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I overtook the 1 other car that was on that stretch of motorway, which sat in the middle lane pulled into the middle lane in front of him and backed of the accelerator so I started slowing down, just to see if they had enough nouse to move over and overtake me.

After getting down to 25 mph and still having them sat behind me, there were many gestures passed to indicate what they should be doing and what I generally thought of them then I started to speed up to continue my journey home and up until them going out of site in my mirror, they were still sat in the middle lane of an otherwise empty motorway

[Edited on 20-02-2011 by Mike B]

Brilliant

[Edited on 20-02-2011 by AndyKent]
Steve
Premium Member

20th Feb 11 at 08:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i do 300 miles of motorway driving every fortnight, and you get to see the idiocy that goes on and why there is so many problems on motorways.

you get someone sitting in the middle lane and you get past them and look in rear view you can see it causes a massive bottleneck and problems behind

then in front everythings clear and flowing, it should be a fine like it is abroad
MarkM

20th Feb 11 at 09:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Too many frustrated traffic police/driving instructors on here. Who cares if someone sits in the middle lane on a motorway. Just overtake them. All this "I pulled in front of them and slowed down to teach them a lesson" is funny.

I personally couldn't be arsed wasting my time as they won't change their driving style.
Steve
Premium Member

20th Feb 11 at 09:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no it actually causes congestion, thats my issue with it
AndyKent

20th Feb 11 at 09:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To be fair, you can often tell shit drivers a mile off.

For example, someone driving around in a messy ancient shitbox blatantly doesn't give a fuck about driving and usually drive 10mph below the limit. Similarly people carriers and Honda Jazz's will hold you up.
Steve
Premium Member

20th Feb 11 at 09:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the problem is this isnt someone doing 35 in a 30 this is actually a real problem that causes real issues, our motorways are already congested enough with the volume of traffic, people need to learn to drive properly and some of the problems will be alieviated a little.

i agree with markm in that they wont change there driving style, which is why i think this should be an offence and taken more seriously by police

they are effectively turning a motorway into a single lane carriageway and even one person driving inconsideratley causes quite a problem for quite a few cars, so if you have loads of idiots doing it you are bound to get traffic jams

[Edited on 20-02-2011 by Steve]
antnee

20th Feb 11 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree with Steve, for people who can't grasp the concept of keep left unless overtaking they should either be fined or shouldnt drive at all.
Ian W

20th Feb 11 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MarkM
Too many frustrated traffic police/driving instructors on here. Who cares if someone sits in the middle lane on a motorway. Just overtake them. All this "I pulled in front of them and slowed down to teach them a lesson" is funny.

I personally couldn't be arsed wasting my time as they won't change their driving style.

craig_s

20th Feb 11 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i just under take them or after ive gone passed pull in really close to there front end.
jacko198

20th Feb 11 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People in the middle lane piss me off when they arent doing 70.
The whole thing is fooked up to be honest! Doesnt matter what lane someone is in, if they are doing 70 you should technically not be overtaking anyway
Fro

20th Feb 11 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Middle lane and right hand lane people do my nut in as it causes congestion and slows everyone down.

Not indicating gets on my tits too, think I'm the only BM driver that uses them
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

20th Feb 11 at 13:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MarkM

It wasn't mean to teach them a lesson because 99% of the time they're too numb to understand it anyway, it was done to prove to my brother in the passenger seat why it was such a problem. That particular night the motorway was nearly empty yet probably 70% of the cars I came across were sat in the middle lane. I've heard the excuse a few times that people do it because they're not confident about changing lanes so they'll get onto the motorway and into the middle lane at the earliest opportunity, then stay there till they need to get off the motorway. How exactly they can justify being on a motorway when they're not confident in changing lanes I do not know, you've got to change lanes as you merge on and off but they're somehow ok with that

That statement as well 'Just overtake them' you try spending 2 years driving 15000+ miles a year in a Merc Sprinter 2.3 non turbo, you'll soon learn it's not always as easy as 'just overtake them' The number of times I was stuck behind knobheads that don't know how to use the motorway for 15+ miles because I didn't have the power to pull out into the much faster moving traffic in the outside lane and because it was moving so much faster, no-one would let me out either because of how much it'd slow them down. Near enough every time that happened it was eventually resolved by undertaking them once I had a long enough empty stretch in the left hand lane, that they should've been sat in. That's why this hazard on the road pisses me off so much and why it should carry points and a fine because otherwise the numb cunts aren't gonna learn and the problem is just gonna get worse.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » what would be the legalities of having this... 23 database queries in 0.0166240 seconds