corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » What happens if you don't pay parking tickets?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What happens if you don't pay parking tickets?
Skylined

User status: Offline
   9th Mar 11 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I recall being told that only councils have the authority to request your details from the DVLA and send the bailiffs round etc, and that getting a ticket in Tesco/Aldi is bollocks.

Just got one from uni for parking in the gym car park which is free but you have to get a permit from reception - though I've never gotten one there in the past 3 years.

Wondering whether it's worth arguing about or just leave it. There's no information on the website as to what will happen if I don't pay, so I'm guessing it's just scare tactics.

Any info?
Cheers
sc0ott

9th Mar 11 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ignore it.
Crana

9th Mar 11 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm in the same boat my share pass fell off the dash and got 30 quid fine off some company called exel parking I fail to see why I should pay 30 quid when the college have a book at the reception with all the people who share cars
Skylined

quote:
Originally posted by sc0ott
Ignore it.

backed up by any evidence or just gut feeling?

wouldn't be too bothered but I remember watching some program once where bailiffs were sent round to some guy who didn't pay a £50 parking ticket then a year later had a bill of over a grand!
Hodgy

dont pay it mate i didnt nothing they can do legally (crana)

[Edited on 09-03-2011 by Hodgy]
Crana

9th Mar 11 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

who did you get it off hodgy?
sc0ott

9th Mar 11 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Skylined
quote:
Originally posted by sc0ott
Ignore it.

backed up by any evidence or just gut feeling?

wouldn't be too bothered but I remember watching some program once where bailiffs were sent round to some guy who didn't pay a £50 parking ticket then a year later had a bill of over a grand!

The program was probably fake and shown just to make people shit themselfs so they think they actually have to pay it.
Skylined

9th Mar 11 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hodgy
dont pay it mate i didnt nothing they can do legally (crana)

Yes there is, they can take you to court
gazza808

9th Mar 11 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mate ignored a ticket he got at college, 6months later got a letter saying he owed 500quid
3months after that had the bailiffs knocking, left college shortly after so never knew the out come.
But they got his address/details some how.
oceansoul

9th Mar 11 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to drive my car (with a permit to park the car) to college, but once or twice i took my work van. I got a £75 fine. I ignored it. Nothing happened.

[Edited on 09-03-2011 by oceansoul]
SportBoy

9th Mar 11 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my missus had ignored hers ... not heard a thing in getting on a year.

hers was from a company called parking eye .. you only have to google the name and lol at how many people say ignore them.

[Edited on 09-03-2011 by SportBoy]
brebaz

9th Mar 11 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont get fined at my college, they just stick a pink sticker on the windscreen saying ' you are not permitted to park here'. Its a right bitch to get it off though haha
Chris
Premium Member

9th Mar 11 at 22:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One thing the uni might do is hold back your degree, i know liverpool uni do that.
Mertin

10th Mar 11 at 00:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got one from Brittania for parking without a ticket at a travelodge car park. Iv had 3 letters saying If I dont pay it in 2 weeks I'll be in court. They got my details from DVLA but thats about it. I went on a forum about it and was told to ignore it. I got it around 6 months ago
LeeM

10th Mar 11 at 00:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its not quite the same but i got clamped a few weeks ago by a private firm. i cut the clamp off and played the waiting game, rang the company offering their clamp back but he was on about police so i told him to do whatever he wanted.
the polcie came round to mine to pick up the clamp a cpuple of weeks later but i dont think the parking firm could get my details because i never heard from them
Gareth

10th Mar 11 at 03:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive had a few in my company cars and they come on my wage slip
JaffaTB

10th Mar 11 at 07:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my mum got one from parking in a shop car park and shopping elsewhere, she ignored it and then a few weeks later got a letter with red all over it saying it had gone up to £80 which scared her so she contacted them and they agreed to let her pay just the original fine (£30)
stubs

10th Mar 11 at 07:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Chris
One thing the uni might do is hold back your degree, i know liverpool uni do that.

If that were true, I'd be taking the uni to court for that... and claiming damages for jeapordising potential job offers

Cheeky cunts
ed

10th Mar 11 at 08:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not really, you enter a contract with your uni where if there are any arrears on your account they will retain your degree until you've paid your library fine or your tuition fees (e.t.c.). Parking will normally be handled by an external company though, so probably doesn't apply to that rule.
ed

10th Mar 11 at 08:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd have to say though, a fine for parking in a free parking space is stupid. Make sure they have photographic evidence that you were parking there with no permit otherwise they can fuck off.
BeArDy

10th Mar 11 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Here’s the legal rule which I use with parking tickets and I sat and did loads of research when I got one .
IF you are parked on non council land and you get a ticket, write a letter saying a few people share the car, if you can tell us who was driving the car at this time then we will pass this fine onto them otherwise we are unable to help you. AS the law for parking on non council land is between the LAND OWNER and the DRIVER not the keeper, so they have to prove who was driving PLUS it’s you legal right to not say a word unless told to do so by the police (which it never gets that far).
IF its council land and the council have given you a ticket just pay it and have done as there is a few laws which allow them to charge the registered keeper.
I know all the above as I have done it, got a parking ticket when at the cinema once and never paid, they send red letter and we are going to come for your TV letter but nothing ever happened as I knew the law.
You will find alot are scare tactics which 90% of the time work, people just pay up, they send letter after letter saying they are coming to take your TV etc etc. Everyone is innocent until proven guilty. People should read into laws more.

99% of the time you can get away with not paying most fines as long as you know all the facts.
Read the facts and ask questions,

Template Letter just add your details and send it off

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?119917-Private-Parking-Tickets-Template-Letters-If-you-wrote-before-finding-this-site

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/

[Edited on 10-03-2011 by BeArDy]

[Edited on 10-03-2011 by BeArDy]
Crana

10th Mar 11 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It was excel parking who fined me, mam seems to think they can find my address and fine me loads if i don't pay?
M2RTY

10th Mar 11 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How can they fine you? They have no legal power. Just do as beardy says
Crana

10th Mar 11 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Take me to court maybies? I'm really really skint at the minute so if I was took to court I couldn't afford it
M2RTY

10th Mar 11 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For doing what tho? They have no power

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » What happens if you don't pay parking tickets? 22 database queries in 0.0164430 seconds