corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » effing Citroën ! - Updated pics of damage and courtesy car

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author effing Citroën ! - Updated pics of damage and courtesy car
Neo

User status: Offline
13th Mar 11 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Took my car in yesterday for a new rear screen as warantee work. Went to collect the car a few hours later and was told whilst taking the screen off the wiper arm had snapped but they had ordered me a new one. fine.

went to the car and yeah fair enough no wiper arm. went shopping, opened the boot and all the plastics fell off. the guy had snapped all the clips plus the parcel shelf clip is no where to be seen.

just washed it and the boot has been scratched to fuck and it looks like someone has taken a scouring pad to the top half of the boot and to the bumper. there are a few bird crap etches but nothing as bad as that.

so fucking angry as there is so much damage done by a dealer.

rant over.

[Edited on 22-03-2011 by Neo]
*JonnyG*

13th Mar 11 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Double thread.

Take it back and complain mate. Should of checked it when you collected it tho mate.
Chris x

13th Mar 11 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats what you get for having a French car
Neo

13th Mar 11 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

true, but I know the manager well and car goes there for everything, always been top notch work and get freebies all the time.
Neo

13th Mar 11 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Chris x
Thats what you get for having a French car

shoddy glazier they employ tbh
mwg

13th Mar 11 at 17:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Car dealers are shite for stuff like this. My car went in a few weeks ago and came out with a scratch on the roof.
Neo

13th Mar 11 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

on the roof ? and isn't yours brand new ?
mwg

13th Mar 11 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah brand new. They were putting a roof rack on it and must of slipped. Then didn't have the balls to tell me that they had done it.
pow
Premium Member

13th Mar 11 at 17:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Perrys of Amerhsam don't give me any trouble like this...

Go in a kick off tbh
Neo

13th Mar 11 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah I remember you got it a month or so ago. I'd of fucking gone mental.

well I know the manager there so will give him a call tomorrow. he probably wasn't told by the glazier and is fairly sound.

so what should I expect (fairly) the boot and bumper resprayed, new internal plastics and new wiper arm ?
mwg

13th Mar 11 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Certainly new plastics and wiper. I'm presuming it's too far gone to be polished out so respray too if that's the case.
Neo

13th Mar 11 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well definitely to far gone on one part and the bumper is plastic so wouldn't fancy taking the rotary to that. I could probably 'improve' but on principal alone it went in in far better condition and I shouldn't be the one to have to fix it.
Ben G

13th Mar 11 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

should have checked it all over before leaving a they will say you caused the scratches.

at least you know the manager so shouldn't be too bad.
corsav6_mut

13th Mar 11 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It would probably have been an external company and 90% dealers use the cheapest shitpot company aswell
Chris x

13th Mar 11 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
Yeah brand new. They were putting a roof rack on it and must of slipped. Then didn't have the balls to tell me that they had done it.
Guessing you have had it repaired?
Brett
Premium Member

13th Mar 11 at 18:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Neo
true, but I know the manager well

Must be really close, hence him ensuring your motor was looked after
Neo

13th Mar 11 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by loafofbrett
quote:
Originally posted by Neo
true, but I know the manager well

Must be really close, hence him ensuring your motor was looked after

partially why I'm fuming, thing is he wasnt there when I got the car so he probably wasn't told.
Brett
Premium Member

13th Mar 11 at 19:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm sure you're gonna get sorted in the end then. Post pics of the loaner car
Neo

13th Mar 11 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah will defo be sorted. and hadn't thought of loan car, although I know they only gave an auto ds3 so not gonna be that interesting.

will get some pics of the damage tomorrow.
Neo

14th Mar 11 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Spoke to the manager, he said to get it in ASAP as he wasn't aware (and sounded genuinly shocked). Got a day off thursday so gonna take it in then, however emailing him some photo's now:

No Wiper

Top of bumper

Deep wavey scratch

(Very hard to photo though, but to deep to polish out)

Burn through the paint

Didn't do photo's of inside, just imagine cheap french plastic in the boot instead of on the pillars and a parcel shelf dangling by a piece of string.
3CorsaMeal

14th Mar 11 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
Car dealers are shite for stuff like this. My car went in a few weeks ago and came out with a scratch on the roof.

its free though

Neo

22nd Mar 11 at 09:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by loafofbrett
I'm sure you're gonna get sorted in the end then. Post pics of the loaner car

As requested, a C3 VTR+ 70 bhp with a top speed of 101mph.

And a little review

I'm not the biggest bloke but not small (6'4") and actually struggled with getting in and out of this piece of shit C3. Not only that, with the seat how I need it, I have a slight obstruction to my sight =

Not only that, but the fact that the steering wheel isn't adjustable (forward and backwards) that I find myself arched to reach the tiny steering wheel and with no where to put my elbow end up squashed around.

The seating height, at its lowest, still feels like you are sat on the moon. The dash is quite modern and the quality isn't as poor as in some of the older citroens but still lacks some of the nicer refinements in cars of this class and is still using the same radio as in the mk2. The speakers on the other hand offer shit loads more bass and are actually quite a surprise in an otherwise annoying and boring car.

The 1.4 16v 70bhp diesel powerhouse is completely gutless instilling me with no confidence what so ever that I'm going to be able to accelerate into a lane and not have the guy coming end up in my passenger seat. The clutch for a car that has covered 250 miles is far far too light ! The gearbox can only be discribed as "wibbly" as its impossible to actually find the gear and have to play wiggle lottery that you have actually found the gear you were after.

Conveniently the dash tells you what gear it thinks you should be in, however at 1300 revs doing 30 in 4th it was telling me to get into 5th

The ride itself is very smooth (once you are going at crusing speed and in a straight line) however as soon as you come across any kind of slight bend or meander the whole balance of the car is thrown and you feel like you are in a log flume ride with the car rocking left to right. A simple corner that I take daily at 60 felt like I was going to kill myself doing 40 and the car slid to the other side of the road, fortunately there were no oncoming cars.

Once off the Motorway and A roads I thought I'd be the cars playground, chelmsford city centre. How wrong I am. The clutch being so light made it very difficult to drive in stop start traffic, the seating position made me constantly squirm forwards to look past the B pillar that was acting as an unconventional blind spot, roundabouts actually made me worry and the brakes were non existant.

Oh how fortunate I am I get to drive this piece of engineering home tonight

Lets just hope the garage does a good job on my car as I can't wait to get it back !
Brett
Premium Member

22nd Mar 11 at 10:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Glad you're pleased with it
Neo

22nd Mar 11 at 10:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Worrying thing is my girlfriend wants one of these Not a chance.

And the reason why I'm so annoyed with the "little scratches" is because the rest of the car is like this

AndyKent

22nd Mar 11 at 10:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Great review

My mates just bought a brand new DS3, hope its better

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » effing Citroën ! - Updated pics of damage and courtesy car 22 database queries in 0.0133061 seconds