corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Euro 6 emissions 2012

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Euro 6 emissions 2012
sri boy

User status: Offline
23rd Mar 11 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just been on new diagnostic course and it's looking like the end of the line for diesel in the next 15 years more hybrid cars and petrol is goin direct injection lol new 1.4 petrol turbo engine vw have got is 170 bhp impressive what's happening with all these new emission laws and what's happening to the future of cars hybrid petrol diesel hydrogen
John

23rd Mar 11 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why would it be the end of diesel?
Claire

23rd Mar 11 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sri boy
new 1.4 petrol turbo engine vw have got is 170 bhp impressive

The 1.4 TSi? I wouldn't call it new... unless you're talking about something else?
sri boy

23rd Mar 11 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As they have taking the technology as far as they can go to keep within the emission laws that's coming out in the future
AshWatson

23rd Mar 11 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why the end of diesels fella ?
diesels are cleaner than petrols hard to believe with all black shite they kick out but with every derv having a diesel particulate filter as from next year i think it is cant see diesels disappearing although i may be wrong

and the VW 1.4 TSi engines as in the polo GTi, seat ibiza cupra and skoda fabia VRS's are wellll fast, mates just bought an ibiza cupra, there supercharged to 2000rpm, supercharged and turbo'd from 2000rpm to 2500 and then supercharged cuts off and turbo carrys on, there wellll fast, mates seen a stage 1 map to go to something like 205bhp
sri boy

23rd Mar 11 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ashwatson it's just a big debate that's going on with the development in diesel and petrol as they say diesel has reached it's max and they are struggling to develop it with all the new emission laws
AshWatson

23rd Mar 11 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh i know mate not dis-agreeing with you for 1 second
just interested if you've heard why diesels could possibly fall into background
i work for a dealership so i go on courses etc as you with the sounds of it do so just curious

i agree when u say with the diesels at there max, whats next is there anything possible ? lol

direct injection petrols are more and more common now too
ed

23rd Mar 11 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The thing with technology is, it can never really reach it's max. Something better usually turns up so older stuff is scrapped.
sri boy

23rd Mar 11 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
The thing with technology is, it can never really reach it's max. Something better usually turns up so older stuff is scrapped.

That's true only the future will tell lol
AshWatson

23rd Mar 11 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ed

That's true only the future will tell lol

agreed lads
richc

23rd Mar 11 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Ashwatson it's just a big debate that's going on with the development in diesel and petrol as they say diesel has reached it's max and they are struggling to develop it with all the new emission laws

I was reading something about a month ago (cant remember where), and i read this also. They were at the maximum (near on combined with reliablilty vs mpg vs cost), and petrol had much further development. It said in the 1920's ford produced a carb engine that could do 60 mpg but where on the pay role from oil companys to not produce it. I dont know the truth in this, it was from a unkown article.
pow
Premium Member

23rd Mar 11 at 22:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The thing is, the 1.4TSi engine and similar don't EVER make anything near book figures so how can they be cleaner?
ed

23rd Mar 11 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What you want is one of these:

Hook it up to an AC generator, then have it power a couple of brushless DC motors and bam. No gearbox, no driveshafts, no prop shafts. No messing
richc

23rd Mar 11 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
The thing is, the 1.4TSi engine and similar don't EVER make anything near book figures so how can they be cleaner?

In what, mpg or emissions?
AshWatson

23rd Mar 11 at 22:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what is it ? lotus and a single injector, although it has 2 plugs by the looks of it ?
ed

23rd Mar 11 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's an omnivore. A two stroke diesel engine that burns just about anything oily as it has a variable compression ratio, I think the intention of it was to be used to make 'diesel/electric' cars and range extenders for electric cars.
daymoon
Premium Member

23rd Mar 11 at 22:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thnk all emmisions stuff is bollocks. BMW are shedding most of their legendary 6 cyl engines in favour of 4cyl turbo units!
AshWatson

23rd Mar 11 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ahhh cool, with me being a freshly qualified vehicle techy for a dealership stuff like this really interests me sad i know

random question but technically isnt a nitro remote control car a 2 stroke diesel ?
uses glow to start not run like a diesel no spark etc
AshWatson

23rd Mar 11 at 22:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

maybe a good idea for BMW ? all the old guy mechanics at my work mention back in't day when F1 cars were something like 1.5 turbo engines and made silllllllly bhp ? dont know long ago just i never saw um lol

[Edited on 23-03-2011 by AshWatson]
daymoon
Premium Member

23rd Mar 11 at 22:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That engine was part of the reason BMW are who they are today. I owned a straight six BMW for a short while and I can say that the driving experience is quite awesome. Sound is amazing too
AshWatson

23rd Mar 11 at 22:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes very true daymoon not dis-agreeing for a single second the BMW 6 cylinders are awesome without a doubt was just mentioning the above wasnt saying good idea to sack em off lol
nathan6490

23rd Mar 11 at 23:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my sister has got the new golf with the tsi engine, there is two different types my sister is just the turbo version with 127 bhp, the tsi engine in the polo gti fabia vrs etc is the bi-turbo which has both turbo and supercharger with 178 bhp
T21SVJ

23rd Mar 11 at 23:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow

I have a TSI unit in my Ibiza and all i can say its a brill engine but it doesnt make anywhere near book figures, i must get about 35-36 around town but its never been above 40mpg, but good thing is tax it dirt cheap because its only a 1.4
daymoon
Premium Member

23rd Mar 11 at 23:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by T21SVJ
quote:
Originally posted by pow

I have a TSI unit in my Ibiza and all i can say its a brill engine but it doesnt make anywhere near book figures, i must get about 35-36 around town but its never been above 40mpg, but good thing is tax it dirt cheap because its only a 1.4

Mazda RX-8 is only 1.3 not cheap to tax though
AshWatson

23rd Mar 11 at 23:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the joys of rotary engines i drove an RX-8 at work recently i was surprised there nice cars put some spark plugs in it, cost something like 190 quid trade for the plugs

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Euro 6 emissions 2012 22 database queries in 0.0136890 seconds