corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Amsterdam

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Amsterdam
noshua

User status: Offline
23rd Mar 11 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone on here been?

Going for a couple nights in April and was wondering about accommodation, how much you paid per night, how many of there was you, etc.

And of course, anything recommended to go see/view/touch?
Marc

23rd Mar 11 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Live sex shows are funny. Dirty old men in Inspector Gadget macks everywhere.
Hammer

23rd Mar 11 at 22:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Something I have to do before I get too old the Dam!

Can't see me getting away with it right enough but I'll give it a bash
Matt H

23rd Mar 11 at 23:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been to the Airport once or twice if that's what you mean?
charcoalgrill

23rd Mar 11 at 23:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its very expensive..

We stayed at the Hans Brinker "Hotel" , the worlds WORST hotel- it is a hostel at best, but was fine as a hostel. Happy hour with e3.50 beers.

Not really anything to see as such a big venue, but there are sex shows, coffee/weed shops, bars every where.

Just a very nice place- hire a bike and cycle around/out of the city!
j10E W

24th Mar 11 at 01:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we went in november hopfully going back in may it was mental
first 24 hours there was the best in my life we did everything in the first day as mentioned is very expensive

brass's £50 for basic suck and fuck
Dav

24th Mar 11 at 01:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I went a few years ago for a stag weekend. There were about 22 of us, although some kept drifting away. Awesome place! We stayed in the Hotel Rho, just off Dam Square. Pretty nice actually, and central enough to all the good things. I spent a fortune though. I got addicted to cannabis absinthe out this one cafe somewhere. Another guy fell asleep on the train back to the hotel one night, and woke up the next morning in Belgium with no money, no phone, and a pocket full of weed. Fun times!
danny_vx

24th Mar 11 at 01:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Went there start of this month , great place.. just very expensive. Make sure you take a lot of money out with you , fiver a pint etc
RichR
Premium Member

24th Mar 11 at 09:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can spend a fortune or you can spend nothing on accomodation. I've stopped at the Radisson SAS in the centre and the Krasnapolsky on Dam Square and would recommend either but they're not cheap if that's what you're looking for. The Krasnapolsky does the best champagne breakfast I've ever had.

Heineken Museum is worth it but if you;ve not been before I'd recommend doing a boat tour as soon as you get there; it gives you an idea of where things are and what to see. Sex Museum is quite good as is the Amsterdam Dungeon but Madame Tussaurds(sp) was a waste of time.

The red light district is something you have to do; its quite funny sitting in a cafe watching punters go in an out of the rooms.

Only place I felt uneasy in the whole city is China Town at about 2am
RichR
Premium Member

24th Mar 11 at 09:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Leidsplein/Liedsplien is a good area at night but probably the most expensive part of the city
Baskey

24th Mar 11 at 09:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I go a couple of times a year but I can't remember where I stayed or what I did. It all seems a little hazie for some reason

[Edited on 24-03-2011 by Baskey]
ed

24th Mar 11 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stayed in a place called 'Hotel Rooms' for €8 a night. Was right next door to The Grasshopper but for some reason when walking home after a night in there, it felt like a hundred mile hike
ashleh

24th Mar 11 at 09:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
Stayed in a place called 'Hotel Rooms' for €8 a night. Was right next door to The Grasshopper but for some reason when walking home after a night in there, it felt like a hundred mile hike

Got a link for that? Tried google, but nothing comes up.
ed

24th Mar 11 at 10:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I doubt they have a website

We just turned up in our car and looked for somewhere to stay. Could try http://www.hostelbookers.com/ I guess...
ed

24th Mar 11 at 10:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Or http://www.hostels.com/
ashleh

24th Mar 11 at 10:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's exactly what we are doing, I was just a bit worried that we wouldn't get anything while out there! Should be fine by the sounds of it.
ed

24th Mar 11 at 10:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just sleep in the car if it all goes wrong Or on a bench
ashleh

24th Mar 11 at 10:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Car? We're getting a plane over I'd worry for my belongings/life if I slept on a bench .
RichR
Premium Member

24th Mar 11 at 10:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't sleep tbh? If its a lads weekend, you don't need showers etc. Just get dirty
tomo2k9

24th Mar 11 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i aint long come back and tbh mate its class loved i went for the days and dident rely sleep , had a nice swanky hotel though paid quid a night , but was hardly there , the only thing i regret is not taking more money , i took 400 quid with me and most of that went in the first day , grasshoppers is the one aswell , have a spag bol 14.50e and then go down stairs for a nice fat joint of blueberry and jobs a good n lol you will love it mate
noshua

24th Mar 11 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
Don't sleep tbh? If its a lads weekend, you don't need showers etc. Just get dirty

With each other?

Thanks for the recommendations, one of my mates already mentioned the boat trip thing, seems like a good idea.

Some reviews for cheap hotels/hostels say that everybody got flea bites and all sorts
ashleh

24th Mar 11 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by tomo2k9
i aint long come back and tbh mate its class loved i went for the days and dident rely sleep , had a nice swanky hotel though paid quid a night , but was hardly there , the only thing i regret is not taking more money , i took 400 quid with me and most of that went in the first day , grasshoppers is the one aswell , have a spag bol 14.50e and then go down stairs for a nice fat joint of blueberry and jobs a good n lol you will love it mate

Spag bol and a joint, doesn't sound like it can get better tbh .
danny_vx

24th Mar 11 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.bicyclehotel.com/

this is where I stayed, fairly cheap, but certainly not 8 euros a night lol!!

with the current exchange rate, everything you see out there is almost 1 euro - 1 pound.

when you go down the red light district, make sure you go to the Irish Bar at 8pm they have happy hour, so you get 1 pint & 1 free, you'll need it!! I took 400 euros spending money with me and I ended up taking another 100 euros out the cashpoint on the last day, and i was there 3 days.

as others have said, make sure you go on a canal trip, well worth it and you see all the sights. Also the sex museum is really good as is the amsterdam dungeons, red light is also a must, I ended up going 3 times with the girls (couldnt resist)

just make sure you barter with them, ask what your getting for the money.. e.g will they be completely nude and can you touch them, as some girls wont let you! beware lol
whitter45

24th Mar 11 at 16:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we stayed on the botel - its was class

cracking place but you get so hammered its unreal
corsadonk
Premium Member

24th Mar 11 at 20:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I went a few years back, the best stuff I smoked was Barney's rubble, from Barney's breakfast bar. We just stayed in a little B&B just outside the train station.

I got pissed off with people asking if you want to buy any coke.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Amsterdam 22 database queries in 0.4328182 seconds