corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » courtesy car

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author courtesy car
SteveW

User status: Offline
24th Mar 11 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tell me if im wrong here or not...

My car went into Now Vauxhall Heathrow for a warranty repair on the front suspension (lower control arm and spring + some other bits)
Well i dropped it in today and they said it would be ready for collection tonight. I had a call from them earlier and it seems they had delivered a wrong part.. Car wont be ready tonight and they will need to keep it in and sort it tomorrow

I asked them for a courtesy car and they said "Im sorry but they are all out at the moment".. Im sorry but if the car is in for over a day i would have thought that it would be standard to supply a car for me to get home !!! (live only 15miles away but still)

Tried to call them again and cant get through to anyone.

GRRRRRRR

(or am i ranting over nothing)
chrisritch

24th Mar 11 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SteveW
Tell me if im wrong here or not...

My car went into Now Vauxhall Heathrow for a warranty repair on the front suspension (lower control arm and spring + some other bits)
Well i dropped it in today and they said it would be ready for collection tonight. I had a call from them earlier and it seems they had delivered a wrong part.. Car wont be ready tonight and they will need to keep it in and sort it tomorrow

I asked them for a courtesy car and they said "Im sorry but they are all out at the moment".. Im sorry but if the car is in for over a day i would have thought that it would be standard to supply a car for me to get home !!! (live only 15miles away but still)

Tried to call them again and cant get through to anyone.

GRRRRRRR

(or am i ranting over nothing)

They fucked up. YOu should have a courtesy car
BarnshaW

24th Mar 11 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

maybe not a car but maybe pay for a taxi to get you home.
Neo

24th Mar 11 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, should be able to give you a car, seems silly otherwise.
whitter45

24th Mar 11 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if they cant supply you with a car they should either hire you one or give you your back for you to drop it off in the morning if the car is in a state to drive and is safe

When my turbo went on my 1 series all cars were out so they hired me a car until they could get me a courtesy car

When its been in for warrenty and they needed more than a day/or wrong part they either gave me the car back and collected it from my home or work place the following day or arranged a hire car/courtesy car
whitter45

24th Mar 11 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for service they either collect the car from my home or workplace or they arrange fro a taxi if I drop it off at the dealer
Ben G

24th Mar 11 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

taxi or hire car if there are no courtesy cars.

write to head office when you get it all sorted and ask for the taxi money to be paid back.

also try and get a free service or something out of them because that's a piss take.
SteveW

24th Mar 11 at 16:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
taxi or hire car if there are no courtesy cars.

write to head office when you get it all sorted and ask for the taxi money to be paid back.

also try and get a free service or something out of them because that's a piss take.

Have got one of the guys at work to take a detour and drop me home, i will be making a complaint to Vaux HQ though. I have the guys name at Heathrow Vaux.

Thought i was right.

They did say i can collect the car and bring back tomorrow but i would rather leave it, they need to replace a spring.. I kinda think its important with a car that size/weight
Ben J

24th Mar 11 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Typical Vauxhall tbh.
oceansoul

24th Mar 11 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Now Heathrow are shite with things like that. My dad used to take his Astra in there for warrantly things, and everytime got the bus back etc. They had the car for 3 days once, and didnt offer a courtesy car.
Marc

24th Mar 11 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They can't give you what they don't have available. I would expect them to pay for your travel however.
Mattb

24th Mar 11 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To be honest im not surprised they dont have a car available - our loan cars are fully booked for about 3 weeks so i would expect similar for them.

However i cant belive they even suggested picking the car up and driving it with faulty suspension - the car isnt roadworthy in its current condition and therefore dangerous!!

They have obviously screwed up ordering the parts or the wrong parts have been delivered. So in my opinion they should sort something out. I know what would happen at my place - someones demo would get dished out and that person would be left with a sales or trade car..

Certainly worth a moan to vauxhall customer services... wether iit gets you anywhere tho stevey is another matter...

SteveW

24th Mar 11 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^ Matt

I will complain but im pretty sure nothing will get done about it. Its just one of those things
Mattb

24th Mar 11 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Take it i was right about what was wrong with the car?
SteveW

24th Mar 11 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Indeed you was good sir... knotch one up for the Mad Matt
Cybermonkey

24th Mar 11 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do your English commodores get MRC?
SteveW

24th Mar 11 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cybermonkey

Not on the one i have but the new ones coming over, which are released this April @ £50k have the MRC system plus an updated interior etc etc
random dav
Premium Member

24th Mar 11 at 21:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In the past at the wigan dealership if they had no cars in they used to lend a car that a salesperson, staff had

WRLFC !

Project cars
mikenoncorsa

24th Mar 11 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Courtesy cars depend on availibility.

Vehicle has to be off road for 24hrs or parts back ordered before you get an enterprise car under warranty
VegasPhil
Premium Member

24th Mar 11 at 22:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have to book in to get a courtesy car at Volkswagen. Takes a week or 2 usually!

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
SteveW

24th Mar 11 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OK cool.. just wanted to make sure they werent messing me around.

still want to complain about them though, their general customer service is shite
ed

25th Mar 11 at 10:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I always find that there's a massive wait for courtesy cars at garages. I doubt they're obliged to give you one as on the job sheet they give you it will state the estimated time for the work to be done and not the actual
Cybermonkey

25th Mar 11 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SteveW
quote:
Originally posted by Cybermonkey

Not on the one i have but the new ones coming over, which are released this April @ £50k have the MRC system plus an updated interior etc etc

aha the updated interior is good, nice improvements such as Holden IQ (in car entertainment unit) and a nicer looking dash. Still has A pillars that wouldn't look out of place propping up a cathedral though...
SteveW

25th Mar 11 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The A pillars are bloody massive. Doing right turns are dangerous cos they could hide a bus in that blind spot lol
Cybermonkey

25th Mar 11 at 23:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

shouldnt matter steve, since you will be going sideways you can just check whats ahead through the drivers window

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » courtesy car 23 database queries in 0.1742060 seconds