corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » This is why Man City are clueless

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author This is why Man City are clueless
Marc

User status: Offline
12th May 11 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We'd Make Them Up For A Laugh
Time was that Manchester City fans would rail against the 'plastics' that supported the chaps across town, the Johnny-Come-Latelys from Surrey that mysteriously only started following United around 1993. The glory hunters.

Now something approaching glory is on the cards for City and suddenly their tune has changed.

Published on their official website on Wednesday afternoon was the 'bluffer's guide' to City, for all the trophy-chasers that might have noticed they exist since their acquisition of Scrooge McDuck's cash reserves.

The guide begins: 'Success means we'll be welcoming a new generation of City fans from here in England and all over the globe, too, and when our new followers come on board, they'll be welcomed with open arms into our 'family'.'

Here are our favourite bits from this plastics charter

* 'Loyalty, commitment, passion and, during the darker times, a sense of humour has been needed over the years to follow the Blues - that's what we affectionately call City...'

* 'If asked where we play our football, it's the City of Manchester Stadium - also nicknamed Eastlands due to the area of Manchester it is in. It's worth noting that from 1923 to 2003 we played our home games at Maine Road.'

* 'If you are asked who your favourite players are from down the years - your credibility is at stake here - don't say Francis Bell, Colin Summerbee and Yaya Dzeko. Though these names exists, they are combinations.'

* 'And, if we score against Stoke and some more experienced Blues (ahem!) around you ask you to join in a 'Poznan'...it's called The Poznan because City played a team called Lech Poznan earlier this season and their fans did the same dance - we just named it in their honour!' (Note to any 'new' City fans - it's not just coincidentally the same dance, City nicked it - MW)

* 'There may be the odd person who tries to trip you up with the terms 'massive' or 'Man City' - please ignore these are we are now accepting these words in general club usage!'

Terrific stuff.

We'll leave the last word to a website that Mediawatch usually can't stand but made us laugh on this occasion: The Repulik of Mancunia:

'I swear to God, if Manchester City didn't exist, we'd make them up for a laugh.'

chrisritch

12th May 11 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cant wait till the raghead gets bored and they plummet the fucking glory hunting cunts
Rick Draper

12th May 11 at 23:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chrisritch
cant wait till the raghead gets bored and they plummet the fucking glory hunting cunts

Bit like when your yankie doodle dandies get bored of running a shit club with its past glories been the only thing going for it? With every fan claiming "next year is our year"
Russ

13th May 11 at 06:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hope to god Chrisbitch was baiting
Tom

13th May 11 at 07:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rick Draper
quote:

Bit like when your yankie doodle dandies get bored of running a shit club with its past glories been the only thing going for it? With every fan claiming "next year is our year"

I'd rather have owners with a long term financial plan that means the club run itself economically than run the risk of being a play thing that, if they ever get bored of, could never survive without 1 of about 5 of the worlds richest people coming in to the rescue. Your owners have bags of money but no idea dick.
jr

13th May 11 at 07:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its allmost like it was written for soley for rick draper
chrisritch

13th May 11 at 07:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

As opposed to running a shit club with no glories? And every fan power wanking that £350million got them a CL place and maybe a minor cup
Russ

13th May 11 at 07:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
its allmost like it was written for soley for rick draper
Russ

13th May 11 at 07:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

As opposed to running a shit club with no glories? And every fan power wanking that £350million got them a CL place and maybe a minor cup
If you call the FA cup minor it sums up your knowledge of football
Tom

13th May 11 at 07:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agreed the FA cup isn't minor, but the point still stands about the amount they have spent. Mercenaries aren't cheap, and sometimes can do well, but look at City's best player (by some difference), it looks like he'll be off in the summer, along with plenty of other players, in which case it's not just a case of slotting in other players to replace them. Don't get me wrong, I think they've bought some good players, but they are far outweighed by over-priced money grabbing cocks who realistically won't be value for money and will move on/stagnate in a squad that size.
chrisritch

13th May 11 at 07:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
quote:
quote:
quote:

If you call the FA cup minor it sums up your knowledge of football

Ok maybe not minor but in no way is it looked upon as fondly as it was. Teams are fielding weakened teams so that surely speaks alot for how much it is valued
mwg

13th May 11 at 07:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is fucking comical. After all the grief they give United fans about their birthplace and glory hunting, you just couldn't make this shit up
chrisritch

13th May 11 at 07:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can't beleive they published it on the official website
mwg

13th May 11 at 07:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jesus christ didn't realise thats where it had come from. What a joke of a club
Nath

13th May 11 at 07:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jesus christ. The FA Cup is and always has been massive.
mwg

13th May 11 at 08:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jesus christ Nath do you not have an opinion on Man City having a bluffers guide?
Nath

13th May 11 at 08:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didnt read any of that first post. Too long for my liking. I just skimmed it for :chrisritchs:
mwg

13th May 11 at 08:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You need to read it
Nath

13th May 11 at 08:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok I'll read it in a bit
chrisritch

13th May 11 at 08:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I fucking hate the stupid dance they do
Nath

13th May 11 at 08:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

In the crowd?
chrisritch

13th May 11 at 08:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
quote:

In the crowd?

the whole bouncing with their backs turned to the pitch.
Nath

13th May 11 at 08:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They stole that.
chrisritch

13th May 11 at 08:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
They stole that.

Aye, in the OP the writer even says they stole it from Lech Poznan

May aswell have written:

"Come join us, we're all a bunch of fake cunts"
Nath

13th May 11 at 08:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm going to rip my seat up when I go to Eastlands. That'll show 'em.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » This is why Man City are clueless 23 database queries in 0.0152841 seconds