corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Weekend Thread, Sponsored by Never been to Anfield to hear the loudest fans in the world

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Weekend Thread, Sponsored by Never been to Anfield to hear the loudest fans in the world
Russ

User status: Offline
13th May 11 at 07:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Saturday, 14 May 2011
Blackburn v Man Utd, 12:45
Blackpool v Bolton, 12:45
Sunderland v Wolverhampton, 12:45
West Brom v Everton, 12:45

The FA Cup
Man City v Stoke, F, 15:00

Sunday, 15 May 2011
Chelsea v Newcastle, 13:30
Arsenal v Aston Villa, 16:00
Birmingham v Fulham, 16:00
Liverpool v Tottenham, 16:00
Wigan v West Ham, 16:00
Tuesday, 17 May 2011
Man City v Stoke, 19:45

[Edited on 13-05-2011 by Russ]
Russ

13th May 11 at 07:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i want wolves, west ham and bolton to win, then we are safe.
Russ

13th May 11 at 07:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
Ive got a feeling next season will see another swing towards the top teams too. No doubt they will also notice how tight the league was this year and spend big.

Man City will no doubt, as i think will Chelsea with a new manager too. Wenger will look at how close they came this season and finally be pushed into making a few big signings. Tottenham always seem to have money and missing out on the CL will hurt them.

The difference isnt massive, if you look the difference has been the lower teams drawing with the top teams more, where they would have usually lost. Man Utd have actually lost less but drawn far more and its losing those wins to draws that hurts you

I agree to an extent, but I think it depends on many factors including who goes up and down and how much the top teams spend. I have written Man united off in the last couple of seasons, so I won't be doing that again. I think Arsenal will spend a bit of money and be in the mix, Chelsea NEED to spend a fair amount revitilising the squad they have, and if they change manager again they won't win it first time with a new squad. City, if they keep Mancini will stay at a similar level imo, he may bring in even more players but he won't change his style which will result in too many draws imo. If we spend a decent amount in the summer we'll be in the mix for top 4, we've got stability for the first time in years and with a new CB and a couple of attacking players we'll improve our consistency, we have the feel good factor.

On spurs, I think there attitude towards thhe Europa league says it all, they think they 'deserve' to be playing CL football because they got there this season, I don't think that attitude will do them any good and they will fall away.

[Edited on 13-05-2011 by Tom]

copypasta from the other thread

i think the main reason that man utd, arsenal and chelsea didnt strengthen was the fact they felt they didnt really need too. the only 3 teams who have are RM and Barca, and City. They all know well enough you cant just buy big names and expect miracles first season out so didnt have to worry about city as such, and knew that at some point they may have to play the spanish clubs in the UCL, but losing to one of them isn't anything to be ashamed of
Fro

13th May 11 at 07:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I want the hammers to lose as it is then goodbye iirc?
Russ

13th May 11 at 07:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

even if hammers win, if wolves win, and blackburn and birmingham get a point, whu = relegated
Conway563

13th May 11 at 07:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wouldn't really expect to get anything from Chelsea away but Nolan being out compounds that.
Wouldn't be surprised if Pardew trys to play some of the younger players a bit more in the last 2 games
chrisritch

13th May 11 at 07:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

personal attack
Russ

13th May 11 at 07:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

which bit?
Tom

13th May 11 at 07:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
quote:
Originally posted by Tom
quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
Ive got a feeling next season will see another swing towards the top teams too. No doubt they will also notice how tight the league was this year and spend big.

Man City will no doubt, as i think will Chelsea with a new manager too. Wenger will look at how close they came this season and finally be pushed into making a few big signings. Tottenham always seem to have money and missing out on the CL will hurt them.

The difference isnt massive, if you look the difference has been the lower teams drawing with the top teams more, where they would have usually lost. Man Utd have actually lost less but drawn far more and its losing those wins to draws that hurts you

I agree to an extent, but I think it depends on many factors including who goes up and down and how much the top teams spend. I have written Man united off in the last couple of seasons, so I won't be doing that again. I think Arsenal will spend a bit of money and be in the mix, Chelsea NEED to spend a fair amount revitilising the squad they have, and if they change manager again they won't win it first time with a new squad. City, if they keep Mancini will stay at a similar level imo, he may bring in even more players but he won't change his style which will result in too many draws imo. If we spend a decent amount in the summer we'll be in the mix for top 4, we've got stability for the first time in years and with a new CB and a couple of attacking players we'll improve our consistency, we have the feel good factor.

On spurs, I think there attitude towards thhe Europa league says it all, they think they 'deserve' to be playing CL football because they got there this season, I don't think that attitude will do them any good and they will fall away.

[Edited on 13-05-2011 by Tom]

copypasta from the other thread

i think the main reason that man utd, arsenal and chelsea didnt strengthen was the fact they felt they didnt really need too. the only 3 teams who have are RM and Barca, and City. They all know well enough you cant just buy big names and expect miracles first season out so didnt have to worry about city as such, and knew that at some point they may have to play the spanish clubs in the UCL, but losing to one of them isn't anything to be ashamed of

Chelsea have spent £75m on two players in Jan though and I think they need a good few more to balance their squad which is all well and good but the two players they brought in have been inconsistent at best, they will need to gel from the off next season to stand a chance (if the top teams are going to be dominating the league again). I'm not sure I agree about united, although it's worked out for them because hernandez has turned out to be a hell of a signing. Arsenal are too 'proud' to spend big, as I say I expect that to change this summer. Btw I reckon Barca will hump united in the final but yes they have done well to get there without spending massively last summer.
chrisritch

13th May 11 at 07:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
which bit?

the title
Russ

13th May 11 at 07:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah they did go wild in January, but they needed too as their form at the arse end of last year was woeful.

As for Barca humping Man Utd, probably, but they're not unbeatable, not a united fan but would love Barcca to not win just to shut pundits up
Tom

13th May 11 at 07:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Re this weekend, I think Spurs will be a bit lax and we'll ease to a win.

I don't mind if Wolves stay up, I think West ham will do wigan but are nailed on to go down (along with Wigan)
Russ

quote:
Originally posted by chrisritch
quote:
which bit?

the title
oh
Nath

Weekend off
mwg

13th May 11 at 08:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We could be champions by 3pm tomorrow.

For the 19th time in case anyone didn't know
chrisritch

13th May 11 at 08:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hope Wolves stay up MM makes me in nearly all of his interviews

Him and Ian Holloway should have a sketch show
chrisritch

13th May 11 at 08:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
We could be champions by 3pm tomorrow.

For the 19th time in case anyone didn't know

Your mini looks awesome in your DP
Tommy L

13th May 11 at 08:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Conway563
Wouldn't really expect to get anything from Chelsea away but Nolan being out compounds that.
Wouldn't be surprised if Pardew trys to play some of the younger players a bit more in the last 2 games

Loads of injuries! He won't play tiote now, just so he doesn't get a 3 game ban as it is inevitable that he'll pick up a yellow card.

We won't get anything from that game but we're safe so it doesn't matter
mwg

13th May 11 at 08:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chrisritch
Your mini looks awesome in your DP

Cheers. Whats my DP?
Ben J

13th May 11 at 08:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A ginger shouldn't have a JCW. FACT.

If we didn't have a kid i'd be in a JCW I reckon.

[Edited on 13-05-2011 by Ben J]
mwg

13th May 11 at 08:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Contrary to popular belief being ginger is not a disability or disadvantage. I am as capable as a man with brown or blonde hair. You gingerist.
Ben J

13th May 11 at 08:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just don't marrry a ginger and have ginger kids, as my mate did.
mwg

13th May 11 at 08:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh yeah fuck that. That's just setting the rest of your life up for a whole world of pain Other gingers are out of bounds
Tommy L

13th May 11 at 09:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Liverpool 1-1 Spurs imo
Conway563

13th May 11 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tommy L
Loads of injuries! He won't play tiote now, just so he doesn't get a 3 game ban as it is inevitable that he'll pick up a yellow card.

We won't get anything from that game but we're safe so it doesn't matter

Didn't realise Cheik was on 14 yellows
I'm hoping we'll get to see more of people like Ferguson especially next week against West Brom

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Weekend Thread, Sponsored by Never been to Anfield to hear the loudest fans in the world 23 database queries in 0.0192900 seconds