corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » this month's total vauxhall

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author this month's total vauxhall
Jabba

User status: Offline
1st Jun 11 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

has anyone seen that pre-97 14 sport in this months total vauxhall i know its just a standerd sport lowerd and with a set of fanblades on but i think its realy realy nice

anyone else like it?
corsadonk
Premium Member

1st Jun 11 at 17:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah it looks good, but not as nice as my old Sport on the RR day. Page 108 8th on the table
Jordan C

1st Jun 11 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is total vauxhall @ crail in ir?
thegsi

1st Jun 11 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes I've seen it. No offence to the owner but TV havent got a clue anymore with regards to features.
corsadonk
Premium Member

1st Jun 11 at 19:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whats wrong with the Asona? They're just a couple of nice tidy Corsa's. I think it's a lot better since Dougie has taken over.
Kieran
Premium Member

1st Jun 11 at 21:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by thegsi
TV havent got a clue anymore with regards to features.

Thanks lol jokes
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
1st Jun 11 at 21:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
TV havent got a clue anymore with regards to features.
Who did they turn down with a better car?
thegsi

2nd Jun 11 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've subscribed to it for the last 5 years and I just feel IMO that it's slowly going down the pan. Even though I don't own one anymore, I'm still into the Vauxhall scene but TV features are very bland ATM.
All the feature cars have been done time and time again. Same mods, same style. It's boring.
Daveskater
Premium Member

2nd Jun 11 at 18:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I do agree with Jay to an extent that quite a lot of the recent features are the same sort of thing and there's not many that really catch your eye, but that's not necessarily just down to the writers/editor etc. If there aren't enough interesting and good quality projects out there then they can't feature them. Also, if the way of the scene is more OEM+ and tidy standard-ish examples then that's what they'll feature.

I think also, a lot of the features are geared toward "affordable" cars which isn't really the fault of the TV guys at all. Not everyone has lots of money to spend on their car any more so seeing ways of getting good things for a decent price is what will appeal. If they solely focus on high budget builds then people with less money to spend will get discouraged and not know what to do with what cash they have.

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
Ian
Site Administrator

2nd Jun 11 at 18:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My guess would be that it's difficult to get material.

I don't for one minute think they're turning down good cars.
Jambo

2nd Jun 11 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont buy the whole different thing. Such a try hard thing to do. Sometimes you just need to think outside the box with the smallest detail rather than trying too hard. I.e I never understand people who say LET's are "Done to death"

I havent been on MIg in a while, went on the other day and the projects section has about 4 different "Saab" engine threads.

Its an internet thing IMO. The best engine is the right engine, not picking it because it has been "Done before" goes against most engineering principles and starts being less of a car mag and more of a fashoin mag.

I purchased it this month as I fancied a read, not as good as i remember it but still entertaining.
craig_s

2nd Jun 11 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I've subscribed to it for the last 5 years and I just feel IMO that it's slowly going down the pan. Even though I don't own one anymore, I'm still into the Vauxhall scene but TV features are very bland ATM.
All the feature cars have been done time and time again. Same mods, same style. It's boring.

you mean like std looking corsa gsi's with let's fitted?
Daveskater
Premium Member

2nd Jun 11 at 19:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
I dont buy the whole different thing. Such a try hard thing to do. Sometimes you just need to think outside the box with the smallest detail rather than trying too hard. I.e I never understand people who say LET's are "Done to death"

I havent been on MIg in a while, went on the other day and the projects section has about 4 different "Saab" engine threads.

Its an internet thing IMO. The best engine is the right engine, not picking it because it has been "Done before" goes against most engineering principles and starts being less of a car mag and more of a fashoin mag.

I purchased it this month as I fancied a read, not as good as i remember it but still entertaining.
I get your point about it being less of a car mag and more of a fashion mag, but the whole point in modding cars is to try new things and do things that haven't been done before. There's only so many features you can read on a LET Corsa with different engine specs etc until they all start to merge together. You wouldn't buy a magazine about films if every issue they only focussed on three or four director/writers, as it'd get boring after a while. Likewise, it's good to have some variety and it gives you different things to look at at shows instead of row after row of LET Corsa that all look the same.

[Edited on 02-06-2011 by Daveskater]

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
Corsa_Sport21

2nd Jun 11 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would like to see some nice Omega's.

I can imagine it must be hard picking cars to feature these days in regards to what the readers want.Times are changing.

As much as i love them,i don't like reading features on Astra VXR's.They all look the same,none of them really stand out to me.

Seen umpteen of them at the Crail and Knockhill Vauxhall events and even though they were different in there own way,they all look the same.The only 1 that stood out was the wrapped green 1 but im not a fan of that.

I would like to see a feature with Mk5 Astravans.Mate has a black 1 with VXR wheels and kit and it stands out like a sore thumb.Its a proper head turner yet at the end of the day,its just a simple van.lol.

Would be good if they were to sign up to most of the Vauxhall Forums/put an add in the magazine etc,asking what the readers would like to see.
Ian
Site Administrator

2nd Jun 11 at 19:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you serious?

They are already doing all of that.
Daveskater
Premium Member

2nd Jun 11 at 19:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice Omegas would be good to see, but I can't imagine there being many of them.

I totally agree about the Astra VXR. It seems to be very difficult to make one that actually stands out and looks different to all the others, no matter what you do to it. Mk5 Astravans look awesome when modded

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
Corsa_Sport21

2nd Jun 11 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Are you serious?

They are already doing all of that.

All of what??
Jambo

2nd Jun 11 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only modded Vxr I've seen I liked was Tolleys and Ojcs
Ian
Site Administrator

2nd Jun 11 at 19:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
All of what??
Everything you said they should be - doing things readers want, signing up to forums, advertising in the mag for features.

The main problem is the selection of cars which are out there, not what the mag is doing. They are very much constrained by what is available to them.
Corsa_Sport21

2nd Jun 11 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I havn't seen any of that.Havn't seen them on here,AOC or MIG.
Jambo

2nd Jun 11 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't think as many people "mod" their cars anymore. The whole second hand car Market has changed. A lot of enthusiast style cars are now inexpensive to buy due to rising fuel/tax costs so ratherthan plunder £10k into an Astra people just buy the 350z etc they want.

The Corsa will make a comeback sooon. Won't be as cult as the Nova bit will still be a resurgence I recono
Ian
Site Administrator

2nd Jun 11 at 20:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
Havn't seen them on here,AOC or MIG.
They're on all three, and more.
Corsa_Sport21

2nd Jun 11 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh i know they are members on those forums.Infact ive seen Dougie on here rarely.

But i havn't seen them asking for opinions on what the readers want.

They probably don't need to though.And i doubt that 1 thread on a forum will make them do it.But it would be nice.
corsadonk
Premium Member

2nd Jun 11 at 20:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is only so many Vauxhall models, Corsa's, and Astra's being the most abundant of the lot, that get modded. What can you really do to a Omega without it looking shit? I really love the classic's that get featured, but when was the last time you saw a Firenza on the road?

I did see a rat look MK1 Cav today
corsadonk
Premium Member

2nd Jun 11 at 20:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

DougieSRI is his user name, and Dave is on Mig a lot even if he doesn't work for them anymore.

They must come on, how would the know about MikeB's Corsa?

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » this month's total vauxhall 23 database queries in 0.0137451 seconds