corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Serious advice needed....R.E Virgin Mobile.......

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Serious advice needed....R.E Virgin Mobile.......
Corsa_Sport21

User status: Offline
11th Jun 11 at 07:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right,need some serious reply's and advice on what i should do in this situation.

In short,the bastards are ripping me off big time.

Got a Virgin Mobile contract in October 2010.Cost was 10.99 and with that i got 250 free txts and 50 free mintues to any network and free calls to other virgin mobiles.

Everything was fine up until about 3mths ago when the 1st bill came in at around 32quid.Didn't think anything of it,thought maybe i had went over my limit(which i was doubtful about).Then the next months bill came in at 41quid,started to get suspicious then.And now this months bill came in at 65quid and thats when i realised.

Now,i txt alot,but certainly not 250 a month alot.And i don't make much calls from my mobile.Deffo not over 50mins worth a month.

Called them up yesterday to discuss it,and they were useless.They said they can't do itemised billing,but she can see it on her screen.Said the 2 numbers i txt the most were my GF's,and my wee brother was a close 2nd.I know for a fact that i txt other people alot more than him.

She also said that since my last bill came off (6th June,5 days ago) i have used all my free txts.Now again,i know for a fact i havn't sent over 250 txts in 5 days.
I again asked for her to send me over the itemised billing that she had on her screen,the stupid paki bitch started laughing with another (i assume) paki colleague then hung up.

What would you do in my situation??I have had a look on google etc and found umpteen threads about others getting ripped off.Not using theyr mobile for a month etc to see what happened,and had big bills come through.Or "apparently" txting friends etc at silly o'clock in the morning when they were actually sleeping.

Does any1 have a private number for that prick Richard Branson??
Matty SRi

11th Jun 11 at 07:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it was me I would want them to send an itemised bill or I would cancel. They could charge you anything they like and you couldn't check if it was right or not. Can you not see it online?
Dan
Premium Member

11th Jun 11 at 07:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hello bud, i had a similar problem and got given a uk call center number, very helpful and sorted it within a few mins

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
Corsa_Sport21

11th Jun 11 at 07:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Matty,i asked a few times for an itemised bill and she said she couldn't give me 1 (bullshit).
And no,can't see it online,can only see the bill amount and how much txts/calls ive used.Don't want to cancel as they will send me the bill remainder for the rest of the contract,and the price of the phone that i got.Heard of people in same situation cancelling and getting a bill through for a crazy amount of money.

Dan,nice try.

[Edited on 11-06-2011 by Corsa_Sport21]
Matty SRi

11th Jun 11 at 08:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Then I dont think you're able to do anything if you're not willing cancel. You will continue to pay random amounts that you are not sure if they are correct. If you can see how many txts/minutes you've used online, then tell them this on the phone and ask how you can be charged more when you are still within your limit...
John

11th Jun 11 at 10:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cost to cancel should be 10.99 x remaining months in contract.
sc0ott

11th Jun 11 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Costs you fuckall to cancel your direct debit with your bank.
This is what i would be doing and then when they phone you asking for money tell them according to whats on your screen the direct debit is still active, then start laughing and hang up.
When all the letters come through email virgin telling them about how the pakis or indians are ripping you off and how their customer service was shit. Tell them youre going to watchdog and trading standards and all that and 9.9/10 they will cancel your contract.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

11th Jun 11 at 11:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sc0ott
Costs you fuckall to cancel your direct debit with your bank.
This is what i would be doing and then when they phone you asking for money tell them according to whats on your screen the direct debit is still active, then start laughing and hang up.
When all the letters come through email virgin telling them about how the pakis or indians are ripping you off and how their customer service was shit. Tell them youre going to watchdog and trading standards and all that and 9.9/10 they will cancel your contract.

Your credit score will hit the floor if you do this.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Corsa_Sport21

11th Jun 11 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would cancel the DD but i also got a phone at the same time.A BB Curve.Was shit so sold it to my boss,who then gave it to his GF.

If i cancel,wont they want the phone back,or block the imei??
Jambo

11th Jun 11 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you cancel and don't pay the bills, they will blacklist the imei and probably pass it on to debt collectors.
sc0ott

11th Jun 11 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get another phone with tmobile. You can easily view your bill online and what youve used. Gee them my details and se will both get a 25 quid vouher to use in high street stores.
Corsa_Sport21

11th Jun 11 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was happy with my 02 PAYG with unlimited txts,might just go back to that.

Only reason i took out this contract was for the phone for the GF,but she started to hate it and was too far into the contract to cancel without fees.
Ronson

11th Jun 11 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm on PAYG with Orange and get 300 free texts a month, I think in the few years I've been getting them I've only used all 300 twice at the most.

Used to get 1000 free texts at one point til they changed it, never ever used all of them lol
brebaz

11th Jun 11 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ronson
I'm on PAYG with Orange and get 300 free texts a month, I think in the few years I've been getting them I've only used all 300 twice at the most.

Used to get 1000 free texts at one point til they changed it, never ever used all of them lol

im on orange PAYG and if you put a tenna on each month you get 300 free text and 100mb free internet.
Matty SRi

11th Jun 11 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im on orange and pay £30 a month for 600 minutes, unlimited txts, 750mb internet and unlimited wifi with btopenzone and a HTC Mozart. i had 3 minutes left to use at the end of my last bill date, and i definately get my monies worth of txts. Gone over the internet allowance once or twice due to sitting bored for 12 hours at work.
But thats the only time ive ever gone over.
Rich H

11th Jun 11 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

With texts, I bet you send far more than you realise - 1 text is x amount of characters iirc (basically like old skool Nokia's etc used to be able to send) most modern phones just allow you to type away and quite often are 2 or 3 texts in one message.

Seems very strange they can't show you an itemised bill though if by the sounds of it they can view one!

It may actually be a case for something like Watchdog if there's that many people out there with the same sort of problem.
Corsa_Sport21

11th Jun 11 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My phone tells me when i am into 2 txts etc whilst writing them.

Just checked my sent items and i have sent 69 txts since 5th June.

Yep,she was able to see it,but said there isn't any way that i could see it.

That's the sort of thing i would like to do to take it further.
Neil

11th Jun 11 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's 69 texts in 5-6 days, which would add up to around 345-415 over a month with the same usage.

[Edited on 11-06-2011 by NeilM]
Corsa_Sport21

11th Jun 11 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So why are they telling me that since my last bill payment,i have used my 250 free txts??
Neil

11th Jun 11 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You're asking the right question, just asking the wrong people...
Corsa_Sport21

11th Jun 11 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Trust me mate,i asked her a few times.

I will try again on Monday,hopefully get through to some1 who is more help and can speak English.
fazza

11th Jun 11 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do you have a local virgin mobile store near you? maybe call in there and ask if they can view your account etc
Corsa_Sport21

11th Jun 11 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nearest store is about 45mins away.

Good shout though,i'll give them a call and see what they say.
Ben G

11th Jun 11 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you need to speak to an english person.

of course a paki in india can't send you an itemised bill. they are useless out of hours shit just for troubleshooting problems.
Corsa_Sport21

11th Jun 11 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whats the time zone difference between UK and India??

I called up about 1pm.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Serious advice needed....R.E Virgin Mobile....... 23 database queries in 0.1069081 seconds