corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » I've found the answer...

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author I've found the answer...
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

User status: Offline
19th Jun 11 at 14:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To the age old question of, why are there so many useless drivers on the roads? Well, part of the answer anyway.

It's because there's so many useless driving instructors.

I've just seen an instructor turn up outside one of the neighbours houses and from the quality of the reverse park maneuver being performed, I assumed it was the learner returning from their lesson. I couldn't believe it when I then saw the learner walking out of their house and the instructor getting out of the car after leaving it parked like this...

Surely instructors are supposed to set an example by doing it properly rather than giving up because 'it'll do'?

If I ever found my instructor parked like that I'd cancel my lesson and find another one. How are people supposed to become good drivers if they're taught by people who can't be arsed?
fir3vip3r

19th Jun 11 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We're not all perfect all of the time. Everyone can fuck up parking now and again. Id rather he parked quickly than faffed around and made me late to start a lesson.
Jake

19th Jun 11 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but the driving instructor doesnt have the last say on whether the person should be on the road
JordyCarter

19th Jun 11 at 15:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If we were to get anal about it though, hes parked over an entrance of a drive etc etc. Its being picky i assume he teaches good though
Mike
Premium Member

19th Jun 11 at 15:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's not about being perfect. Just think about it, he's a driving instructor, he'll perform such a maneuver several times a day and also tell people how to perform it several times a day. When you do something that regularly, it becomes second nature, so for an instructor to perform a reverse park in such a way that I thought it was a learner, that I know has only had 3 driving lessons, is quite concerning.

I'm also aware that instructors don't have the last say but examiners can use their discretion and allow for small mistakes because it could be down to nerves but it could also be down to bad teaching, they can't know for certain.
Lawrah
Premium Member

19th Jun 11 at 15:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Perhaps not parked in tightly so the learner can maneuver out of the space easily?
Jed D

19th Jun 11 at 15:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nosey neighbour
Mike
Premium Member

19th Jun 11 at 15:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

GF-91
Banned

19th Jun 11 at 15:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Give him a ring and express your concern.
AlunJ

19th Jun 11 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was awesome at reverse parking before my test... doesn't mean I'm awesome at it now, people make mistakes.
RKS

19th Jun 11 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mike B
To the age old question of, why are there so many useless drivers on the roads? Well, part of the answer anyway.

TBH the driving test is shite thats all there is too it.

What is it that you do for a living? how many times have you not done something perfectly and just thought "ah that'll do" ?
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
19th Jun 11 at 15:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never.
sc0ott

19th Jun 11 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bet the learner was a girl. Actually she probably still is.
Mike
Premium Member

19th Jun 11 at 15:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I run a vending business so I prefer not to work along the lines of 'that'll do' as it reflects badly on the business. I make mistakes, I'm not exactly going to try and deny that because everyone does, but when I do make mistakes, I put them right.
Mike
Premium Member

19th Jun 11 at 15:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sc0ott
I bet the learner was a girl. Actually she probably still is.

You bet right
nathy_87

19th Jun 11 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes i must agree with the OP. I'm at work in derby, and it's on a one way street with very limited parking spaces on the road and rest is double yellows, as it's a bus route aswell, and guess where the driving instructor tells the learners to pull over? That's right on the double yellows. I'm like wtf?
RKS

19th Jun 11 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Obviously your not running around doing a shit job, I'm just saying give the guy a break lol!

Just looked at the photo again and TBH leaving the wheels turned like that is a bit cuntish
RKS

19th Jun 11 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nathy_87
Yes i must agree with the OP. I'm at work in derby, and it's on a one way street with very limited parking spaces on the road and rest is double yellows, as it's a bus route aswell, and guess where the driving instructor tells the learners to pull over? That's right on the double yellows. I'm like wtf?

Thats just stupid! I take it thats a regular occurance and not just a one off learner driving like a complete ass. It might be safer then to get them to just stop the car regardless of the yellow lines.
nathy_87

19th Jun 11 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah regular occurance, different driving instructors, and they can't stop before the yellow lines as that'll be blocking our entrance to work. Look for Stuart Street, Derby. and it's that road.
RKS

19th Jun 11 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that is pretty stupid asking learners to stop on double yellows.
corsadonk
Premium Member

19th Jun 11 at 16:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Lawrah
Perhaps not parked in tightly so the learner can maneuver out of the space easily?

Not really because he's left it on full opp lock, and really close to the van in front.

A lot of bad driving is down to being lazy, can't be arsed to take junctions properly, and poor lane postioning on round abouts.
Matty SRi

19th Jun 11 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think its funny how you thought "Oh my god! Look how that instructor parked! I better take a picture and post it on the interwebz!"
Toby
Premium Member

19th Jun 11 at 18:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can understand this to an extent. The first time I saw my instructor drive was on the way home from my test and I was shocked as to how he can breech one thing and do another. Having been driving a while I can understand it
Eddx14xe

19th Jun 11 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Toby
I can understand this to an extent. The first time I saw my instructor drive was on the way home from my test and I was shocked as to how he can breech one thing and do another. Having been driving a while I can understand it

My instructor done this. He always went on about my speed, especially in 30mph zone. On the way home after my test he was doing over 40mph in 30 zones.
Jed D

19th Jun 11 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eddx14xe
quote:
Originally posted by Toby

My instructor done this. He always went on about my speed, especially in 30mph zone. On the way home after my test he was doing over 40mph in 30 zones.

i remember my instructor was late for his next session and he told my to pick up the pace a little

42mph in a 30. come on renault modus

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » I've found the answer... 22 database queries in 0.0855730 seconds