corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » do you have any love for your job

Poll: do you have any love for your job
  yes
  no

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author do you have any love for your job
Adam-D

User status: Offline
26th Aug 11 at 06:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just crossed my mind,
job im in now, holds no interest for me.
i try hard, get what needs to be done, done.
help out where i can.

but it holds no interst for me at all. it covers the bills just about and thats it.

are most jobs like this?
Tom G

26th Aug 11 at 06:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes. Well unless you're in the career which you enjoy which you'll find is very few and far between. Most people will say they Don't mind their job, just do it to get by...

[Edited on 26-08-2011 by Tom G]
Conway563

26th Aug 11 at 06:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine's like that. Used to quite enjoy it and felt like I was making a difference but been fucked over too many times to care now. I do what needs to be done but don't put much effort in anymore.

Biggest problem I've got no idea what I really want to do. If I continue to progress then I'll end up with a job that will expect me to be available for a voice conference at 2am with 10 minutes notice for no extra reward. Not something that fills me with joy TBH

[Edited on 26-08-2011 by Conway563]
Toby
Premium Member

26th Aug 11 at 06:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Job itself I don't like but the people I work with and the industry I love
deano87

26th Aug 11 at 07:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love my job, people I work with and the industry.

Lets face it I must do for £18.5k + comm and near on 50 hours per week
Lynny

26th Aug 11 at 07:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea I love my job, it's hard graft but it's great! I spent half of yesterdays shift driving round fields on a quad bike or riding a horse!
JaffaTB

26th Aug 11 at 07:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont really like it, only bit i like is i can do stuff for my car if i need to, and the 2 and a half hours of breaks every 8 hour day
Hammer

26th Aug 11 at 07:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes and no. Day to day I'm in control of what I do but I don't get paid enough for doing it.
AndyKent

26th Aug 11 at 07:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes for the people and half the time I spend at my desk doing creative/design stuff. No for the building surveying bit which is boring as hell (and ironically what I'm supposed to be training to become)
RichR
Premium Member

26th Aug 11 at 07:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Conway563
Mine's like that. Used to quite enjoy it and felt like I was making a difference but been fucked over too many times to care now. I do what needs to be done but don't put much effort in anymore.

Jed D

26th Aug 11 at 08:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i actually said yes

for those who dont know i work at asda, currently just part time but im due full time contracted hours

there's days i go in and question life, but sometimes i go in and get the shelves filled, help the warehouse lads, tidy up the chiller, unload wagens and basically get everything done and step back to think, fuck, im actually proud of what iv done today. must add though, its the bitchiest place iv ever worked
its better than being on the dole though
Baskey

26th Aug 11 at 08:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea love my job. My job title is 'senior systems analyst' which in English just means I get to play with databases and solve problems all day.
Jambo

26th Aug 11 at 08:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Despise it.
Tomnova16
Premium Member

26th Aug 11 at 08:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
MJFF88

26th Aug 11 at 08:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes. I shouldn't but I do. At the same time I want to get out of there and apply for interviews but then change my mind. Been there 7 years since I left school.
AndyKent

26th Aug 11 at 08:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JedDy
i actually said yes

for those who dont know i work at asda, currently just part time but im due full time contracted hours

there's days i go in and question life, but sometimes i go in and get the shelves filled, help the warehouse lads, tidy up the chiller, unload wagens and basically get everything done and step back to think, fuck, im actually proud of what iv done today. must add though, its the bitchiest place iv ever worked

To be fair, I can relate to that. My best time in a job was at Argos when I left school. It was hard work and the managers were utter arses, but the people were sound as fuck and there was no pressure if you got stuff slightly wrong. Loved that job. Pay was AWFUL, but the days were quality.
Tomnova16
Premium Member

26th Aug 11 at 08:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was at my last place seven years since i left scholl, then left for Lemass, time for a change MJFF88

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
Brett
Premium Member

26th Aug 11 at 08:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not at all. It's about money and money alone. I do like how I tend to get a hell of a lot of internet time, smoking time and general dossing time tho
Russ

26th Aug 11 at 08:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brett
Not at all. It's about money and money alone. I do like how I tend to get a hell of a lot of internet time, eating time and general dossing time tho

thegsi

26th Aug 11 at 08:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To be fair in this climate, you really need to consider yourself lucky for whatever work you can get. A lot of people have taken pay cuts and gone into 'dead end' work but I suppose in that case it's best to be positive you have work at all to at least pay the bills.
Marc

26th Aug 11 at 08:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, I hate customer service, and if it wasn't for the fact the pay blows every other similar job out of the window I would not be here.
Ant

26th Aug 11 at 08:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stuck in my job work for a major retailer get treated like crap by my boss...

Jobs are hard to come by even harder to find one that pays 40k with only a HND and no real skills or trade
Hammer

26th Aug 11 at 09:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brett
I do like how I tend to get a hell of a lot of internet time

Also this.
MJFF88

26th Aug 11 at 09:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyKent
quote:
Originally posted by JedDy
i actually said yes

To be fair, I can relate to that. My best time in a job was at Argos when I left school. It was hard work and the managers were utter arses, but the people were sound as fuck and there was no pressure if you got stuff slightly wrong. Loved that job. Pay was AWFUL, but the days were quality.

This is the exact reason I still do it. I earn more money on the side doing production work for major UK radio stations, I don't think I could survive on just the jobs money alone. But, 1 job I'm okay with doing and another I love, together paying the bills. I'm happy with it all.
Gary
Premium Member

26th Aug 11 at 09:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, most of the time. There are days when I hate it, but thats the same in most jobs.

I'm pretty much my own boss so it's good.

I also do a huge veriety of work, from a complete room refurb from scratch, bits of graphics, general pub stuff the list goes on. Spent all this week decorating with I enjoy.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » do you have any love for your job 23 database queries in 0.0152490 seconds