corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » how to get my c20xe corsa moted?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author how to get my c20xe corsa moted?
vx-daft

User status: Offline
31st Aug 11 at 09:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have a corsa with 20xe conversion how can you get a car moted with the conversion if still registared as a 1.4 sport?
John

31st Aug 11 at 09:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Register it as a 2.0?
shaunmods
Premium Member

31st Aug 11 at 09:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doesnt matter what its registered as for the MOT.
vx-daft

31st Aug 11 at 10:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what about emissions etc
shaunmods
Premium Member

31st Aug 11 at 11:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has it got a cat on it?
vx-daft

31st Aug 11 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

has 1 box under car but its tiny and doesnt look like a cat the car is very loud
reecegsi

31st Aug 11 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If its a cat it will have a wire from it (lambda) goin to engine bay were bout is the box? Just after downpipe or further back to the backbox?
Corsa_Sport21

31st Aug 11 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by reecegsi
If its a cat it will have a wire from it (lambda) goin to engine bay were bout is the box? Just after downpipe or further back to the backbox?

Lambda dosn't screw into the cat so thats not an accurate way to tell.
vx-daft

31st Aug 11 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

box is under the car about qaurter of the way down, Its not a middle box i know that but box is small
vx-daft

31st Aug 11 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it looks like this plus has the flexi

[Edited on 31-08-2011 by vx-daft]
vx-daft

31st Aug 11 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it looks like this plus has the flexi

[Edited on 31-08-2011 by vx-daft]
shaunmods
Premium Member

31st Aug 11 at 13:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That will be a cat then bud. Best thing to do is when your MOT is due get it booked in as soon as you can get it done (I think you can get it done upto 30 days before?) so that way if it doesnt pass you've got some time to sort it
john_c20xe

31st Aug 11 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as an MOT tester myself if your car came into our work i would test emissions on the engines age not the cars age as it states in the mot book. it should state the age on the cam cap under the oil cap
john_c20xe

31st Aug 11 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also if your car is too loud and the tester can prove it is too loud compared to a similar model of car he/she can fail on excessive noise
john_c20xe

31st Aug 11 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by vx-daft
i have a corsa with 20xe conversion how can you get a car moted with the conversion if still registared as a 1.4 sport?

you do relise you've just posted to the world that your driving around in a car with void insurance as youve not declared the engine.
AlexW

1st Sep 11 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by shaunmods
That will be a cat then bud. Best thing to do is when your MOT is due get it booked in as soon as you can get it done (I think you can get it done upto 30 days before?) so that way if it doesnt pass you've got some time to sort it

Common misconception, If it fails before the current MOT is due, you still can't drive the car around, It effectively has a void MOT.
shaunmods
Premium Member

1st Sep 11 at 12:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AW06
Common misconception, If it fails before the current MOT is due, you still can't drive the car around, It effectively has a void MOT.

It wont void his MOT. Yes it is illegal to drive an 'unroadworthy' vehicle on the road but his current MOT will still be valid. We're only talking about emissions here anyway
Jed D

1st Sep 11 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

even if it had a de-cat some testers will still pass it on emissions if their friendly enough to be slipped £20 or a bj jokeing mate

cant they still pass on emissions even with a de-cat sometimes?
Jed D

1st Sep 11 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by john_c20xe
quote:
Originally posted by vx-daft

you do relise you've just posted to the world that your driving around in a car with void insurance as youve not declared the engine.

big man for being honest id say, iv met loads of people (some members on here some not) that haven't declared it....
big argument/heated discussion brewing on this one....
corsa-vxr

1st Sep 11 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it doesnt have a cat in it mate i took it out before i moted it cause a 1.6 corsa would have humped it was blocked xcompletely its a full strite through on it the box you say is there is empty
john_c20xe

1st Sep 11 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by shaunmods
quote:
Originally posted by AW06

It wont void his MOT. Yes it is illegal to drive an 'unroadworthy' vehicle on the road but his current MOT will still be valid. We're only talking about emissions here anyway

mot is just a basic test, it doesn't declare the vehicle to be roadworthy,( you can have a bauld tyre outside the centre 3/4 of tread and pass an mot and then get points for it driving home ) and yes the current mot is still valid untill it runs out.
AlexW

2nd Sep 11 at 07:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you get produced a red MOT cert it does void the MOT, and a tyre with 1/4 bald would pass a mot yes but most coppers wouldn't bother with it unless it was more like 1/3. And Yes it does declare the vehicle roadworthy at the time of the test (Read the MOT slip)

Going back to being void, If I were to take my car to a MOT with no brakes and it failed, It wouldn't be legal for me to then carry on driving it until the MOT runs out, Its not roadworthy.
shaunmods
Premium Member

2nd Sep 11 at 09:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think he knows what hes on about Alex John is an MOT tester
Chris x

2nd Sep 11 at 10:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FFS

Failing an MOT doesnt void your current one , That runs out whenever the date states!
john_redtop

2nd Sep 11 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

MOT tester I know goes of the age of engine before 1993 you didn't need a cat and tbh I think OS what kind of tester you get having a decat isn't gonna kill anyone like a bald tyre or dodgey brakes and what's to say of you got stopped by police just after MOT and the see you have no cat you you can easily say you have just swaped your system over after MOT to keep the garage out of Shit

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll