corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » The 9/11 Thread

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The 9/11 Thread
Jambo

User status: Offline
9th Sep 11 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Due to the immenant anniversary of the day that changed the world. I thought we should have a thread about it for discussion etc. Quite a few documentaries have been broadcast and I managed to catch a few.

Saw I think part 1 of the Rising of the new WTC1 (Spielburg produced)
The twins of 9/11 (Very sad)
The day that changed the world
Conspiracy road trip
Conspiracy files.

All worth a watch but the rising one I think has better episodes the one I watched was a bit disjointed and didn't really know what it's main point was. Just kind of said "it's difficult to build a skyscraper" ignored a lot of the interesting things about it's design and kinda told a 20min story of why it was delayed (bad weather)

Also can't believe it's been 10years. Still remember where I was etc.
Neo

9th Sep 11 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Started watching that Conspiracy road trip last night but couldn't get into it, for some reason them questioning it really angered me.
Cavey

9th Sep 11 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haven't watched any of the documentaries, they didn't seem to be showing anything new, and going over the same things they've been going over for the last 10 years tbh.

The 10 years have flown by. It's probably the only event I do remember where I was and what I was doing.

Hopefully there won't be any repercussions this weekend with it being the anniversary, supposedly there's a credible threat to America that they're worried about
Jambo

9th Sep 11 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Neo it was uncomfortable watching. I have no problem with people questioning it (it is what makes humans great) but to be shown evidence contrary to their wild beliefs and still refuse to accept the "truth" the are so "hungry" for really riles me up. One of the guys in it is reasonably intelligent and balances reason and evidence and accepts when he has been proven wrong. There was a girl in it though called Charlotte I believe who was so arrogant it was untrue. Colossal cunt.
Dave

9th Sep 11 at 16:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Everyone old enough will remember where they were when they found out and the images will live on as one of the defining moments of this century.

The various conspiracy shows crack me up, I love how they cling on to tiny pieces of debatable evidence whilst conveniently ignoring stone cold truths.
Jambo

9th Sep 11 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Selective hearing. I'm glad they are around though in some ways. Even with the official version of events there is always things which aren't as black and White as they seem. Sometimes they manage to unearth valuable facts regardless of them adding or retracting from a conspiracy.
Dave

9th Sep 11 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Without a doubt, people should always question their governments version of events and scepticism is no bad thing but some of these people are trying to make a career out of it and are incapable of looking at it events in a balanced way, ignoring facts that don't fit their own beliefs on what happened.
Cavey

9th Sep 11 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This... http://www.amazon.co.uk/New-Pearl-Harbor-Disturbing-Administration/dp/1844370364/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1315584782&sr=8-1 was a good read on the conspiracies if you stay open minded.

(I do not think it was a conpsiracy, btw, but there's some good points put across in that book at the time it was published, 2004. I think most have been completely disproved by now anyway)
sc0ott

9th Sep 11 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The conspiracy road trip that was on last night was like watching a television version of a typical corsasport conspiracy thread.
Jambo

9th Sep 11 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gavin
Premium Member

9th Sep 11 at 16:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

still cant believe all of that occurred... it seems so unreal for some reason!?!?!

Although it was 10 years ago (wow, 10 years already) I bet most people will now exactly where and what they were doing when they first heard the news break out!

pew pew pew pewwwww
Robin
Premium Member

9th Sep 11 at 16:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I remember thinking at the time "wow, that looks like a great film!"

and TBH, watching the footage these days it still seems like it's not real.
Conway563

9th Sep 11 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've not watched anything that's been on this week but got "102 Minutes That Changed America" on remind this weekend.
Dave

9th Sep 11 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was fitting floor joists in a barn conversion somewhere near Standish. It was my mum who rang to tell me and initially I just assumed it was some light aircraft.

The dj's on Radio1 did next to no talking, just played records with regular news updates, seem to remember a dance song called Flawless got played a lot and Daniel Bedingfield, strange how things like that stick in your mind!
Ben G

9th Sep 11 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was mentoring at school and didn't know something had happened until the bell went and i met up with my mates, then we walked up to his house and watched the news for hours.

everytime i watch it on tv i feel like it's a personal tragedy also, not sure why, just seems to affect me a lot.
Cavey

9th Sep 11 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My missus' uncle was due to be in the the towers for a meeting on that day, but they moved it to somewhere else
Ben G

quote:
Originally posted by CorsaDave
Everyone old enough will remember where they were when they found out and the images will live on as one of the defining moments of this century.

The various conspiracy shows crack me up, I love how they cling on to tiny pieces of debatable evidence whilst conveniently ignoring stone cold truths.

whilst i do agree with you, it is scary how true the conspiracy theories can seem. i sometimes find myself getting dragged into it.
Robbo

Anyone who has seen this up close and personal will know the chill you feel staring at it

Conway563

I was on the way home from college and saw something in the bus station on the text scrolling thing but didn't think much of it. Got home and saw it on the news and then ran round to my girlfriend at the times house as he was meant to be on a plane in America at the time.
Was really weird watching her family try not to panic whilst trying to get hold of him

[Edited on 09-09-2011 by Conway563]
Dave

9th Sep 11 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
quote:
Originally posted by CorsaDave

whilst i do agree with you, it is scary how true the conspiracy theories can seem. i sometimes find myself getting dragged into it.

Agreed, on their own they put up quite a convincing argument, it's only when put under questioning that things start to unravel pretty quickly.
SteveoBC
Premium Member

9th Sep 11 at 17:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
Neo it was uncomfortable watching. I have no problem with people questioning it (it is what makes humans great) but to be shown evidence contrary to their wild beliefs and still refuse to accept the "truth" the are so "hungry" for really riles me up. One of the guys in it is reasonably intelligent and balances reason and evidence and accepts when he has been proven wrong. There was a girl in it though called Charlotte I believe who was so arrogant it was untrue. Colossal cunt.

I watched this, made me wanna punch the girl in the face, there were a couple of tiny doubts in my mind over some of the facts but the experts put all my doubts firmly to bed

I still remember when it happened, i had just got home from my last GCSE exam was surfing the net with the news on next to the comp and watched a replay of first tower collapsing, never forgot that
Ojc

9th Sep 11 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have sympathy for innocent civilians caught up in this, but no sympathy for America. They had it coming to them.
Dr Pepper

9th Sep 11 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
I have sympathy for innocent civilians caught up in this, but no sympathy for America. They had it coming to them.

completely agree ... plenty of people who worked there had it coming to them as well... and were doing far more net harm to the world than the people who hijacked the planes.

In terms of body count worldwide - the twin towers were probably responsible for more deaths than the 9/11 hijackers.

Not trying to be controversial for the sake of it - but something like this was coming, and it will happen again im sure because if anything america has become even less responsible and reckless since 9/11. I have very little sympathy with the usa - but a lot of sympathy for the innocent plebs, emergency services and civilians who were caught up in it.

Im sure the american elite isnt too worried about 9/11 - they made an absolute fortune out of it, and their kids dont have to fight in wars...especially bush and his mates - made a fortune

[Edited on 09-09-2011 by Dr Pepper]
Matt H

9th Sep 11 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Eddx14xe

9th Sep 11 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Apparently al qaeda are planning on blowing up bridges and tunnels on the anniversary of 9/11.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » The 9/11 Thread 23 database queries in 0.0177221 seconds