corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » This really angers me - Pensioner drivers

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author This really angers me - Pensioner drivers
DannyB
Premium Member

User status: Offline
6th Oct 11 at 21:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Click

There should be another driving test when you hit a certain age to see whether you're still fit to drive. I fucking hate OAP drivers, slow where ever they are and they have no sense of space. Was in a bakers the other day for example and we heard this revving from down the road, an old lady drove passed in a Micra about 30-40mph in what sounded like 2nd gear. I think they cause a lot of accidents too.

An older woman hired one of our hire cars at my old work and managed to burn the clutch out in less than 24 hours. OAP drivers are definitely my pet hate.
Mieran

6th Oct 11 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

daft cow
Ben G

6th Oct 11 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what an absolute ginger cunt. all the tree huggers wil bum her for going so slow and protecting the environment though.
Kieran
Premium Member

6th Oct 11 at 21:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haha had this at tesco today, this old girl was backing out the space with her clutch still down pretty much, and almost at redline. Revving the fucking life out of the 1.25 fiesta haha.
DannyB
Premium Member

6th Oct 11 at 22:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

She's clearly in no fit state to drive. She should have her license revoked
Jed D

6th Oct 11 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ban oap's imo

sickens me how 90% of the saggys bastards all have 11reg mobility cars that get bumped of scuffed within a week
3CorsaMeal

6th Oct 11 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i cannot wait to get old and drive like that, will make insurance actually seem worth while
3CorsaMeal

6th Oct 11 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They say young drivers crash more and pay more insurance, I think its easy money for them as young people usually crash properly and die. Do they just keep the money?
Eddx14xe

6th Oct 11 at 22:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The thing that annoys me are the comments from idiots. 'Atleast she wasnt speeding like the young ones do nowadays', i personally think someone who goes round a roundabout the wrong way and wont drive over 20mph is far more of a hazard than a 18 yr old that does 90mph on the motorway in his 12v corsa.
xa0s
Banned

6th Oct 11 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, come bombing down a road to see a car coming towards me in my lane, even though their lane was completely free... I had to slam on to avoid hitting it, it really angered me and was about to have a go when I saw it was some 80+ year old guy... I didn't know what to do, he wasn't fit to drive but what can you do? :-\
Eck
Premium Member

6th Oct 11 at 22:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
She's clearly in no fit state to drive. She should have her license revoked

It's as good as revoked as she said she'll be retaking her test so I can only assume it's mandatory. She'll never pass the test the saggy old thundercunt.
DannyB
Premium Member

6th Oct 11 at 22:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That was a reply to Kieran, should have quoted him really
sand-eel

6th Oct 11 at 22:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pretty sure there is a certain age you have to retake your test.
The other day an oldyin reversed out a space half in reverse with the most horrific cog crunching noises ever revving the tits out it...it only went backwards as it was on a slight hill...should have taken the keys off the idiot.
I shit you not, a few months ago I saw a woman that looked in her 90's getting in and driving away in a landcruiser amazon...I was just waiting for shouts of death and explosions in the background
Jules S
Premium Member

6th Oct 11 at 23:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lol I'm sure you will all surrender your licences when you get old

My old man is 75 and I'll wager he drives better than all of us (me included)
Jed D

6th Oct 11 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got pure road rage once. found myself over taking an old guy in his merc on a 30mph and stopping infront of him, getting out the car before he could overtake and stopping him...

he wound the window down and i shouted in an angry as fuck voice "what the fuck are you playing at you daft c**t!! you just pulled out infront of me!! are you fucking blind or summit!!??" he replied "...er yes... a bit" i said "WTF ARE YOU DOING IN A CAR THEN YOU PRICK!! YOU JUST MADE ME STOMP ON MY BRAKES AND WOKE MY DAUGHTER UP!!!" (wich at the time was still a baby and i was doing less than the 60mhp limit road we had just came off)

DannyB
Premium Member

6th Oct 11 at 23:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jules S

That's where the test at 65 or 70 would come in, it wouldn't be our decision.
Ben G

6th Oct 11 at 23:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my grandad has told me that he tries not to drive as much nowadays as he feels he isn't as confident and his reaction time is a lot slower.

old people in denial are the worst. they are so used to just getting on with things and being stubborn cunts that they feel taking advice from someone younger than then makes them inferior.
Jules S
Premium Member

6th Oct 11 at 23:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
quote:
Originally posted by Jules S

That's where the test at 65 or 70 would come in, it wouldn't be our decision.

So when you get to 65 you will be happy to resign your licence because some 20 year old something's doesn't like your driving style?

Trust me, that ain't going to happen.

DannyB
Premium Member

6th Oct 11 at 23:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd be happy to re-take the test and if my drving is still to a good standard and I keep my license I'd be happy.

This isnt about 'driving style' it's a bout public safety, how is 30mph in a 60 safe? if anything it causes big tail backs with people looking to overtake more often. I see worse driving from OAPs than young people.

[Edited on 06-10-2011 by DannyB]
Ben G

6th Oct 11 at 23:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i overtook an OAP in a nissan micra doing 30mph on a 60mph country road (long straight about half a mile long) and they flashed there headlights 3 times at me.

DannyB
Premium Member

6th Oct 11 at 23:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've also had that a few weeks ago, flashing me as if I was in the wrong. He was doing 45 in a 60 on an open B road.
Jules S
Premium Member

6th Oct 11 at 23:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not all oaps drive at 30 in a 60

My old man (75 yo) has a scirrocco type R and drives like a bit of a loon

Stereotype if you like... But not all oaps drive under the speed limit and hold us up
DannyB
Premium Member

7th Oct 11 at 00:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know, then surely a test would weed the good out from the bad?

The majority of OAP's that drive around here are bad drivers, I witness it every day. There's one lady in the village that has had a Focus since brand new, V reg, and it has done 6k miles. Her family don't let her drive out of the village as she can't drive well. How is that good?
Generation

7th Oct 11 at 00:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jules why don't you mention about your old man being competent some more
JonnyJ

7th Oct 11 at 02:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't think Danny is calling for a full on driving test, Jules.

You should definitely have to do some kind of competence test at around 70ish. Just a drive on a A, B and motorway road, 20min thing, so long as you can drive in a decent manner, you pass, nothing like a full test with manouvers and feeding the steering wheel shite

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » This really angers me - Pensioner drivers 22 database queries in 0.0124090 seconds