corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » FFS Card cloned!

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author FFS Card cloned!
Ash_EP3

User status: Offline
   1st Nov 11 at 01:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't quite fucking belive it....

Had a suspicious transaction on the 11th October for £25 for T-Mobile (I am with Vodafone and have a DD with them). However I recently signed back up to the gym and there was a £25 admin fee which I assumed was that

I checked my online banking this morning (1st November) and noticed another 2 fraudulent transactions!

31st October - £30 for 02 Pay & Go Uk
1st November - £1300 CAPITAL ONE EUROPE

This has now set me back well over my agreed OD limit (which is £5 a day) and I only have £10 cash on me...

Just got off the phone to Halifax who have cancelled the card and I've got to ring the Halifax Fraud Dept @ 8:30am!

I'm absolutely gutted and shocked this could have happened to me... especially as I was thinking of buying some xmas presents this month and that I have barely any cash on me

Does anyone know how long it takes for banks to resolve these type of issues?

Thanks in advance.
Colin

1st Nov 11 at 01:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will be sorted in a few days dont stress!!

It wont cost you anything, CC company takes the hit on stuff like that!!
Jake

1st Nov 11 at 01:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mate i got done hard and got my money back in a couple of days
Dave

1st Nov 11 at 06:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Banks are very good at sorting this out. I had mine done recently and got all the money back including any charges straight away. Some transactions that had been made but weren't showing as coming out of my bank yet were also refunded. Never got to the bottom of how they got my details though.

Most of mine were buying computer software online in Amaerica so hard to trace, looks like yours has been used to pay a credit card though so could possibly be traced.
taylorboosh

1st Nov 11 at 07:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol probs used to pay someone else credit card
Pete_vxl

1st Nov 11 at 08:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You wont get any charges and the fraud dept can increase your overdraft for you at no additional cost. I dont think they open untill 9 either mate.
Sam
Premium Member

1st Nov 11 at 08:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Typical culprits are usually petrol stations, dodgy websites (or malware on your PC which may have installed a keylogger program) and card skimmers at ATMs with people behind you watching your PIN number.
Fro

1st Nov 11 at 08:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hate Halifax for this.

They let you go flying into over OD instead of rejecting the transaction so they can rinse you for a fiver a day.
noshua

1st Nov 11 at 08:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't all banks let transactions go out so you can get stung for overdraft charges?

He'll get all the charges back as someone else mentioned though.

Very gutting either way!
JaffaTB

1st Nov 11 at 08:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

probably some eastern european, they always seem to be behind most of these card scams
Jay

1st Nov 11 at 09:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The missus had 2 purchase transactions upto the value of £1200 from her bank account (just normal debit card) at the start of this year, when she went into it with HSBC they looked into it etc and said theres no reason to believe its fraudulent and she lost the money, tried for months and they done nothing about it.
Jimbothebarbarian

1st Nov 11 at 09:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

These scammer always "test" the card by buying mobile top ups. The annoying thing for my wife is EVERY time she tops up her phone the next time she uses her card it gets refused

But I guess it's better that way then not giving a shit. Easy fix with a phone call.

Hope you get sorted soon.
Tomnova16
Premium Member

1st Nov 11 at 09:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got done for a good few grand when skiing, luckily had my savings card with me.
now i have a credit card and use it for pretty much every transaction.
got the money back in my account the next day but obviously couldnt use it as had no card

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
DaveyLC

1st Nov 11 at 09:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got card raped a few years back after Halifax left some paper work on the counter.. They done £8k down my credit card but I've got Sentinel insurance and they refunded me instantly.
Simon

1st Nov 11 at 09:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same sort of thing little while ago, £10 went out to 02 who I'm not with and then £500 shortly after. Bank was straight onto it and money was back in account same day
mwg

1st Nov 11 at 09:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PVD nicked about a grand off me. Got on the phone to my bank and I got my money back in no time.
Ash_EP3

1st Nov 11 at 09:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well just got off the phone to Halifax fraud dept / debit card fraud team...

The Scottish bird seemed less than sympathetic and was huffing down the phone whilst searching through the transactions

She's opened a fraud case and has confirmed all the money will be put back into the account by close of play today!

I did mention that I had a call from the fraud team a couple of weeks ago who blocked my account because of my annual xbox live membership renewal... I went into a local branch and gave them the number which they confirmed was legit and let me phone them and get it sorted although funnily I've never seen the transaction for £39.99 on my online statements!?

Also when she was checking my account she asked me if I had been to any hotels or the USA recently!? I was like what App the transaction was only for £2.10 at a hotel in US but it never got through to my account so it's nothing to worry about....

She also mentioned that she will be sending down some legal documentation which I need to clarify/sign and send back... and that once they have investigated the transactions they are able to provide me with the credentials of the person who made them to see if I recognise them!?

It's a good job I chucked £25 in fuel last night and I have some cash to get food later!

[Edited on 01-11-2011 by Ash_EP3]
adiohead

1st Nov 11 at 09:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Strip on the back has been read by a chip and pin from a petrol station. You know when the chip and pin machine is dodgy if your card goes all the way in.
SamCorsaB

1st Nov 11 at 10:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They did this on my mums card, did a car registration check, then took 600 out. Was refunded within 2 days
Ben J

1st Nov 11 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Petrol stations are notorious for this. They swipe card twice. Once legit and 2nd time through a reader linked to a laptop under the counter.

[Edited on 01-11-2011 by Ben J]
Ash_EP3

1st Nov 11 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well just checked my bank and the monies are in!!!!

Need to go to my local branch and get some dollar out until my new card turns up!

I'm literally gonna be checking my online banking daily now
Ben G

1st Nov 11 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

same thing happened to me about 6 years ago. done the same with t-mobile top up's, £100 worth in canada, but i didn't have much else in my account and no overdraft so they couldn't get anymore.

got it back eventually.

[Edited on 01-11-2011 by Ben G]
Eddx14xe

1st Nov 11 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same happened to me when the PS3 got hacked. Luckily it wasnt as much money as some others posted in here. They paid £15 to o2 and the card had been registered for use on the new look website. Got the £15 back and the card was cancelled.
sumner2k3

1st Nov 11 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lost my wallet about 2 or 3 years ago and someone tried getting a car on finance in my name but because i reported my card lost the bank sent me a letter asking me if it was me who was trying to get the finance and when i said it wasnt me they blocked the transaction and refunded the £300 deposit that someone had put down on the car
gazza808

1st Nov 11 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Round here cash point are well known for being tampered with, and people putting skimmers in, after seeing how they do it on cash points no one would have a clue.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » FFS Card cloned! 23 database queries in 0.0150280 seconds