corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » strikes

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author strikes
corsajay88

User status: Offline
26th Nov 11 at 09:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So there is a public sector strike on next week. Wanted to know some opinions on this. Imo the press coverage of this seems to be really biased and ill informed. People seem to think all public sector workers are one fantastic salarys and a massive pension at the end of it.
AlunJ

26th Nov 11 at 09:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The media are always one sided, that's life.
Russ

26th Nov 11 at 09:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsajay88
So there is a public sector strike on next week. Wanted to know some opinions on this. Imo the press coverage of this seems to be really biased and ill informed. People seem to think all public sector workers are one fantastic salarys and a massive pension at the end of it.
I have a 1995 NHS pension, and i would not moan if they left it exactly how it is.
Tom G

26th Nov 11 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
quote:
I have a 1995 NHS pension, and i would not moan if they left it exactly how it is.

They are, they changed it in 2008, but are offering the change to all.

Not sure what its about fully tbh.

I know that a Unison is walking out, although they are mainly office staff so cant see it having a detrimental effect, although the older nurses are in Unison, so they would have more of an impact.
Brett
Premium Member

26th Nov 11 at 10:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Annoying as fuck, gotta find childcare for my daughter. Twats.
Tom G

26th Nov 11 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Meh, childcare is the least to worry about.

If the don't have enough nurses per ward they can be forced to close them.
Steve
Premium Member

26th Nov 11 at 10:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im striking, got some shit to do on my car
Ben G

26th Nov 11 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

our union are balloting for strike action at the moment. we are private sector though.

watch this space
Brett
Premium Member

26th Nov 11 at 11:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom G

Meh, I wouldn't expect someone who isn't a parent to have the slightest concern about that would I, but since I'm a contractor that means I don't get paid if I'm off looking after her so it effects me financially.
Tom G

26th Nov 11 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brett
quote:

Meh, I wouldn't expect someone who isn't a parent to have the slightest concern about that would I, but since I'm a contractor that means I don't get paid if I'm off looking after her so it effects me financially.

Personal choice there Mr. Brett.
John

26th Nov 11 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wonder what all the younger people are striking for.

If you are in your 20's now, there's not a chance in hell that you'll have the same terms on your pension by the time you are 68, there will have been another 20 of these by then.
Brett
Premium Member

26th Nov 11 at 12:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Personal choice there Mr. Brett.

Nothing about choice
spencer88

26th Nov 11 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Correct me if I am wrong, but they get better pensions than average joe public for being in the public sector?

If I want a half decent pension I have to pay into it myself, so should these surely?

Correct me please if I am wrong?
Russ

26th Nov 11 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think thats the whole point Brett.

Cause as much fuss as possible
Russ

26th Nov 11 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by spencer88
Correct me if I am wrong, but they get better pensions than average joe public for being in the public sector?

If I want a half decent pension I have to pay into it myself, so should these surely?

we dont get out pension for free you ninny. we pay a lot in to it. you could pay the same money i do into a private pension and get a similar deal, obviously not as good, as my employer contributes
spencer88

26th Nov 11 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

we dont get out pension for free you ninny. we pay a lot in to it. you could pay the same money i do into a private pension and get a similar deal, obviously not as good, as my employer contributes

Exactly, your employer contributes.
So surely you are still better off than the private sector?
Pop

26th Nov 11 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Plenty of private sector employers contribute into pensions.
corsajay88

26th Nov 11 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also we have had a.pay freeze for 3 years which isnt ending anytime soon meanwhile people on benefit will see a 4.5% rise. Also the strike is meant to cause disruption that is the whole.point.
Why do people think they own public sector workers. You pay taxes and they pay my wages right. Well if you work in a shop i pay your wages when i buy things.
Rob E

26th Nov 11 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

From a teachers point of view (my mum) she is strongly against the proposition of working until 68. I fully agree with her too. She is 56 now and is ready for retirement from teaching already. Its all well and true for these politicians deciding to put the numbers of working years until retirement up when they have no idea about how much the every day ins and outs take their toll on people.
Neil

26th Nov 11 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
You pay taxes and they pay my wages right. Well if you work in a shop i pay your wages when i buy things.

We have a choice when we buy something from a shop, and mr man behind the till in tesco isn't going to cause chaos for the general public on Wednesday.
spencer88

26th Nov 11 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Also we have had a.pay freeze for 3 years which isnt ending anytime soon meanwhile people on benefit will see a 4.5% rise. Also the strike is meant to cause disruption that is the whole.point.
Why do people think they own public sector workers. You pay taxes and they pay my wages right. Well if you work in a shop i pay your wages when i buy things.

And people in the private sector have also had pay freezes, or even pay cuts.
Just public sector always think they are the worst off.
Ben G

26th Nov 11 at 14:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

Exactly, your employer contributes.
So surely you are still better off than the private sector?

i get just as good a pension as the public sector and i'm private.
mattk

26th Nov 11 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you should all go self employed for 6 months and then see what you have to moan about
Dave

26th Nov 11 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob E
From a teachers point of view (my mum) she is strongly against the proposition of working until 68. I fully agree with her too. She is 56 now and is ready for retirement from teaching already. Its all well and true for these politicians deciding to put the numbers of working years until retirement up when they have no idea about how much the every day ins and outs take their toll on people.

Absolutely, I can see how working 7hr days with 10 weeks paid holiday every year would wear anyone out.

People need to get a grip here, people are living for longer, therefor need to work longer to pay for it. Public sector workers like police retiring in their 50's is ridiculous, they've then got probably 30-40 years where the state has to look after them. How anyone thinks this is suistainable is beyond me, especially as the percentage of people in public sector work soared under the last government.

It's time for Cameron to remember he is a Tory. Slash the wasteful public sector, bring the unions back in line and provide the environment for the private sector to get people back into work and creating growth for the economy.
Ojc

26th Nov 11 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

CorsaDave, I love you.

Public sectors full of fucking joke jobs that are not needed.

Sack the lot of them

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » strikes 22 database queries in 0.5230310 seconds