corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Orange price increases

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Orange price increases
205tom

User status: Offline
28th Nov 11 at 11:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a 24 month contract with orange that I took out in October 2010,I've just received a txt saying from January 2012 my bill will increase by 4.34% because of inflation. Now I have no idea on how inflation effects things but can it really effect the monthy contract sum I signed up too?
RichR
Premium Member

28th Nov 11 at 11:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

check the T&Cs of your contract. I would have thought that they couldn't change a contracted amount but no doubt there's some clause which allows them to if inflation is a set amount above a target or some bollocks
Brett
Premium Member

28th Nov 11 at 11:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Last time they did similar I managed to get out of a 24month contract only a few months in and got to keep the phone too!
Fro

28th Nov 11 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not had anything from them yet, need to phone them up and get phone replaced as it goes.
LeeM

28th Nov 11 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah orange have done this before and loads of people got out of contract. wonder if the amount of people who just pay it makes up for the amount of people who leave and they actually make profit??
John

28th Nov 11 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

An increase with inflation is different from randomly increasing call charges.

This won't be the same as the mess up from the last time.
Ben G

28th Nov 11 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

same story for t mobile? not had anything through yet
205tom

28th Nov 11 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Btw this what you get linked to

http://link.orangeworld.co.uk/studio/paymchanges/planupdate/
Ian
Site Administrator

28th Nov 11 at 12:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got the same, would be handy to get out of this contract because I as actually thinking of replacing my dinosaur phone from one from more recent times.
Fro

28th Nov 11 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can I cancel my contract because you're increasing my monthly service charge?
No, our Pay Monthly terms and conditions allow us to increase charges by up to the RPI figure in any 12 month period. The increase in the price plan charges is less than the 5.4% rate of inflation as measured by the Retail Price Index (RPI) in October 2011.
We can increase prices at any time on giving proper notice. In this case, the increase is less than the current rate of inflation and our terms and conditions state that we can do this without giving you the right to cancel your contract without paying the disconnection fee.
A2H GO

28th Nov 11 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surely if they know inflation is going to go up every year it would make more sense to incorporate this into new contracts each year rather than letting people sign up for one amount then charging them more 12 months down the line.

fazza

28th Nov 11 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Indeed, I have had a few upset customers this morning. Orange as a network have gone to shit lately
Lawrah
Premium Member

28th Nov 11 at 12:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OH EM GEE, Im going to have to cancel for the £1.50 its going up. FUCK ME WHAT ARE WE ALL TO DO.
Ian
Site Administrator

28th Nov 11 at 12:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was cancelling to get a handset from 2000 onwards as opposed to the 90s, not because it's an extra pound
A2H GO

28th Nov 11 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Lawrah
OH EM GEE, Im going to have to cancel for the £1.50 its going up. FUCK ME WHAT ARE WE ALL TO DO.

You've obviously never worked for a bank, we get people calling up when their interest is 1p out.
RichR
Premium Member

28th Nov 11 at 12:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In fairness Ash, there was the case where someone was creaming 1p worth of interest off thousands of accounts and making a tidy profit. It was only when someone reported their interest was out by a penny that it was found out
Lawrah
Premium Member

28th Nov 11 at 12:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nah never worked in a bank. I do however work in a restaurant when the lager price goes up and every fucker has a barney.. I just do not understand why people would think things are going to stay at the same prices with everything thats going on.

Ian get an Iphone then you can have my blackberry thanks.
morpheus22

28th Nov 11 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mrs got a txt this morning from orange about increasing prices her updates due in a couple of week so i doubt she will be staying with them
A2H GO

28th Nov 11 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I just do not understand why people would think things are going to stay at the same prices

In this case because they signed up to a contract for a set amount. Seems a bit sneaky to be putting it up later no matter how much it is.

PAYG FTW.
spencer88

28th Nov 11 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

That £1.50 to someone may mean they cannot afford their contract.
Lawrah
Premium Member

28th Nov 11 at 12:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by spencer88
quote:

That £1.50 to someone may mean they cannot afford their contract.

What are you, a fucking feed the children advert.
LeeM

28th Nov 11 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i wouldnt be happy if my contract went up, because ive budgeted for the next year based on that amount.
Lawrah
Premium Member

28th Nov 11 at 12:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LOLOLOL
BarnshaW

28th Nov 11 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lawrah works in orange customer services
fazza

28th Nov 11 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO

PAYG FTW.

they put the call costs up on PAYG back in july to 25p a Minute...

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Orange price increases 22 database queries in 0.4808118 seconds