corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Thorney Corsa VXR / Nurburgring Twin Exhuast System

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Thorney Corsa VXR / Nurburgring Twin Exhuast System
RCoughtrie

User status: Offline
29th Nov 11 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks like i can finally get a better upgrade and note out of the Nurburgring plus it puts my MOT worries at rest, quite glad as C5RSA sounded better at the rolling road at the weeked and its a 1.2 3 options full system, cat back system or just a back box, ive chosen to go cat back resonated system expensive but it floats my boat

Quite RR Vid

quote:
Thorneymotorsport
After the success of our 3" bore race exhaust for the Astra VXR the Corsa VXR is next to benefit from our new exhaust development. Rather than simply develop a new exhaust upgrade for the 2010 model year we have developed the new systems for all the models as well as the new Nurburgring Corsa VXR as all three have different exhausts designs as standard.

First of all we have selected a full 3" bore size for all the systems, this is to maximise peak power from the engine but we been able to keep torque levels high as well, its the perfect solution. Secondly we have used only the highest quality of stainless steel for the construction and used only the highest motorsport specification catelytic converter (200 cell to ensure it meets MOT test standards and all UK emissions laws). The system comes with our Lifetime Warranty subject to our usual terms and conditions.

For the pre MY2010 models we have developed and improved on our older designs to smooth out the inner bore from the downpipe and widen the collector to improve airflow directly from the turbo and in keeping this wider bore througout the system this increase in aiflow is reflected in higher power. The standard systems precat is removed completely for this wider bore downpipe and the main cat has been replaced with a 200 race cat to maximise engine power. After the cat there are now two options, either a standard looking centre exit rear silencer, still 3" bore but uses the standard cars rear valance or the option of a 'Nurburgring conversion' with twin 80mm rear tips which requires the fitting of the Corsa VXR Nurburgring rear valance. We only use the genuine Vauxhall supplied rear valance on this conversion. Both options use 3" bore pipework and both offer the same power increase.

We have spent considerable time getting the system sound just right, the Corsa VXR is a sporty hot hatch so needs a sound that suits this image but at the same time no-one likes drone so the centre silencer has been developed to keep the system drone free. From outside the car the exhaust sound is agressive with pops and bangs on the overrun that are hilarious to listen to but inside the car the sound is quiet enough so you can hear the stereo but loud enough to remind you you're in a sports car. There is the option to remove the centre silencer completely but we dont recommend it.

This is the most extensive exhaust development ever carried out on the Corsa VXR and we are delighted with the results, it is the first sytem to carry the TMS Devil logo proudly on the tail trims, something we are proud of.

To celebrate this new release, and as part of our tradtional Christmas offers we have a limited time offer for the new systems, available for Christmas delivery if ordered by 16th December. The savings are excellent and limited to first 10 customers only.

Orginal Price: £899.00
Christmas Offer: £725.00

[Edited on 29-11-2011 by RCoughtrie]
MarkSport

29th Nov 11 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you're minted
Jamie-C

29th Nov 11 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like how it has the Opel emblem stamped into the floor pan
Ben G

29th Nov 11 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the resonated systems are quieter are they not? i'd have gone for a non resonated one personally.
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
29th Nov 11 at 18:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie-C
Yeah I thought that was a cool touch as well.
RCoughtrie

29th Nov 11 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah all vxrs have the opel emblem stamp i think, non vxrs have the wheel well

They recomend not buying their non resonated in the little quote for them to even give that advise it must sound far to loud
Pete_vxl

29th Nov 11 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Going by the non-res race exhaust for an astra vxr its probably better you went for a res system. Any sound clips yet?
gavin18787
Premium Member

29th Nov 11 at 19:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds good but I think I prefer the looks of the standrad single centre exit imo

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
RCoughtrie

29th Nov 11 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah pete the astra non-resonated is really raw, no vids of it yet i think its just been made
Ojc

29th Nov 11 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MarkSport
you're minted

Painter & decorator, like Steve says we "only paint walls"

Good move, any pics of the green ones yet? Or a black one?
deano87

29th Nov 11 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks lovely that.
big eck

29th Nov 11 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You should have went for the non resonated system mate. Would have sounded the nuts. Plus it's a lot cheaper lol.
Daveskater
Premium Member

29th Nov 11 at 20:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One wall painter with a mini and another with a Corsa 'ring edition. Once again I'm in the wrong job.

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
taylorboosh

29th Nov 11 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i painted my kitchen and still only have a hillman imp
RCoughtrie

29th Nov 11 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
quote:
Originally posted by MarkSport
you're minted

Painter & decorator, like Steve says we "only paint walls"

Good move, any pics of the green ones yet? Or a black one?

I did laugh at that comment hes an intresting fella tho

yeah few green and black burgs kicking about but no one seems to really take good pictures of them atm. i dont want it to sound guns blazing 24/7 as its my daily / work horse need to be able to hear radio 2
big eck

29th Nov 11 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It wouldn't be that loud tho as you still have the standard cat fitted. Looks a million times better tho, the tail pipes fill the recesses nicely.
RCoughtrie

29th Nov 11 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah fits up really well bud with the standard cat they are still quite loud, pop and bang mate
big eck

29th Nov 11 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pop and banging sounds great lol. It used to do it a lot on my Astra but only when you booted it or when it was cold.
Nath

30th Nov 11 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
Originally posted by Jamie-C
Yeah I thought that was a cool touch as well.

same, was liking the exhaust shots but that caught my eye
gez bay

30th Nov 11 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how quiet is the RR video, can hardly hear the car

exhaust choice sounds good

Phillips_91

30th Nov 11 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Robin
Premium Member

30th Nov 11 at 15:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who is it who does the single side exit rear? or am I getting my wires crossed and that's actually on the Astra VXR?

I love the orangey colour available on the Nurburgring edition
connollygt30

30th Nov 11 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tailpipes look much better mate!
Nic Barnes

30th Nov 11 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i liked the look of the twins on yours ryan. hadnt seen them like that before. is that how the nurgerburgery ring ones are from factory? much better than the centre looking type in my opinons
whitter45

30th Nov 11 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
i liked the look of the twins on yours ryan. hadnt seen them like that before. is that how the nurgerburgery ring ones are from factory? much better than the centre looking type in my opinons

yeah that's how they come standard on the Nurm

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Thorney Corsa VXR / Nurburgring Twin Exhuast System 23 database queries in 0.0485330 seconds