corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sainsbury's ‘Think 25’ policy.

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Sainsbury's ‘Think 25’ policy.
daymoon
Premium Member

User status: Offline
2nd Dec 11 at 16:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can any one find any info on their website? Specifically what kind of proof they accept?

And is there an actual law on what counts as proof of age?
fazza

2nd Dec 11 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Driving License or passport or forces ID iirc

Wont accept any form of student ID anymore
Woody
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

2nd Dec 11 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Passport or photo I'd not student so passport, licence ect x
Sarah A

2nd Dec 11 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Passport, driving licence or one of those PASS id cards that no one seems to have.
daymoon
Premium Member

2nd Dec 11 at 16:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My good friend had his ID card(Issued in Lithuania which is part of EU) and driving licence issued in same country refused. I am just trying to find some info so that we can go to Sainsbury's to prove them wrong.
John

2nd Dec 11 at 16:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can't prove them wrong.

They can refuse whoever they want.
daymoon
Premium Member

2nd Dec 11 at 16:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well After we spoke to store manager my friend got served, but the old bint on the till kept calling him Polish, which he isn't.
mattant

2nd Dec 11 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They once refused to serve my sister's boyfriend because I was with him and I was only 17 at the time, he was 24. When he complained the manager said they would do the same to a father and son and asked him to leave the store.
Ben G

2nd Dec 11 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by daymoon
Well After we spoke to store manager my friend got served, but the old bint on the till kept calling him Polish, which he isn't.

claim for racism.
Ben G

2nd Dec 11 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattant
They once refused to serve my sister's boyfriend because I was with him and I was only 17 at the time, he was 24. When he complained the manager said they would do the same to a father and son and asked him to leave the store.

true.

sometimes you need to sell it to them e.g a lady with her 2 year old daughter and the weekly shop with a bottle of wine.

had a few people coming up, a bloke about 40 with a 15-16 year old son/daughter wanting to buy just alcohol.

morons at least leave the kids in the car.
Budgie

2nd Dec 11 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didnt get I.D for the first time this week in sainsburys.
I was well shocked! Thats my super cool story
taylorboosh

2nd Dec 11 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why? a parent can legally buy alchohol for thier child to drink at home
Ben G

2nd Dec 11 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

buying alcohol for someone you know to be underage is illegal. carries a 5k fine (or at least did when i worked in a supermarket 5 years ago).
Ben G

2nd Dec 11 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What the law says
It is against the law:
to be drunk in charge of a child under seven in a public place or on licensed premises
to sell alcohol to someone under 18, anywhere
for an adult to buy or attempt to buy alcohol on behalf of someone under 18
for someone under 18 to buy alcohol, attempt to buy alcohol or to be sold alcohol in any circumstances (unless acting at the request of the police or a weights and measures inspector)
for someone under 18 to drink alcohol in licensed premises, with one exception - 16 and 17 year olds accompanied by an adult can drink but not buy beer, wine and cider with a table meal
for an adult to buy alcohol for a person under 18 for consumption on licensed premises, except as above

from the official website.
John

2nd Dec 11 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
quote:

true.

sometimes you need to sell it to them e.g a lady with her 2 year old daughter and the weekly shop with a bottle of wine.

had a few people coming up, a bloke about 40 with a 15-16 year old son/daughter wanting to buy just alcohol.

Why?

Not serving a parent with their kids, no matter what age, shows an unbelievable lack of common sense.
mattant

2nd Dec 11 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can buy alcohol for yourself and let your child drink it. Also he wasn't just buying alcohol it was a food shop and he was just getting some beer with it

[Edited on 02-12-2011 by mattant]
Ben G

2nd Dec 11 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
quote:

true.

Why?

Not serving a parent with their kids, no matter what age, shows an unbelievable lack of common sense.

the law is the law. blame whoever made it, i wasn't risking a 5k fine so some lager lout cunt can get his weekly fix of strongbow.
John

2nd Dec 11 at 17:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where in the law does it say you can't sell alcohol to a 17 and an 18 year old?
Ben G

2nd Dec 11 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

18 year old? as long as they had ID they would be fine.

we all got given leaflets about it when i worked there.

phone up a supermarket and ask them.
Sarah A

2nd Dec 11 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A woman where I worked got fined £1000 a couple years back for serving someone who was underaged but a lot of it is common sense altho its so hard to guess how old someone is, I hate doing it but would rather ask someone for id than risk getting fined.
Twiggy

2nd Dec 11 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fucking pisses me off when i get agro for asking for i.d. Are they going to pay the £80 fine and cover my wages when i lose my job, let alone the fine the shop gets!!!

Just carry i.d. its hardly a chore is it!
mattant

2nd Dec 11 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Where in the law does it say you can't sell alcohol to a 17 and an 18 year old?

It's not the law it's the store policy, when my sister worked at Tesco she was told it was at the cashiers discretion
Ben G

2nd Dec 11 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my brother and mum work in the store i worked at (now called waitrose) and someone had to go to court and got sacked because they served an underage lad who was working for the people who regulate that shit.
taylorboosh

2nd Dec 11 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any child aged five or over can drink alcohol at home or on other private premises but children under the age of five can only drink alcohol on a doctor's advice for health reasons.

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/index/your_family/family_index_ew/faq_index_family/faq_family_legal_age_drinking_and_smoking.htm

from the link.... its not illegal for a parent to buy alchohol for a child if its to be consumed at home
oceansoul

2nd Dec 11 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

EU driving licence is exactly the same as UK one, so should be accepted anywhere. But some doormen are thick, when my Finnish friends were here we tried to get into a club and they started saying her driving licence was a blatant fake. Then tried to confiscate it, luckly the manager had some more sense, but by then we told them to fuck off and went elsewhere.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sainsbury's ‘Think 25’ policy. 22 database queries in 0.0182819 seconds