corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Dodgy situ at work

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Dodgy situ at work
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
22nd Dec 11 at 10:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Call me scrooge but im a little annoyed about this, and want to clarify if im right or wrong,

Basically tomorrow they are closing the offices at 2 for xmas etc, but saying that you need to take the time as flexi, and that if you havent got the flexi then they will let you go into minus and work it back after new year.

Doesnt sound right to me, the day is a normal contractual working day, and it doesnt appear we have been given the option of working if we wish.

Iv got an hour or so of flexi, but dont fancy going into negative, I was always of the understanding that if your place of work is shut with no option of work then they have to write the time off?
mattk

22nd Dec 11 at 10:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get a life
Ben G

22nd Dec 11 at 10:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why are they closing it?

we got offered the choice of leaving 2 hours early on our last day but as 6 people said no, they weren't going to do it. when it comes to people losing money, the majority vote doesn't come into it.

do you not have a union rep to talk to about stuff like this?

[Edited on 22-12-2011 by Ben G]
Eddx14xe

22nd Dec 11 at 10:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nope, at our place it closes down for christmas and we have to save holidays for the christmas period if we want to get paid for it. If we use all our holidays during the year we don't get paid for the days we are closed over christmas. I've always hated it, its usually 8 days we have to save as well.
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

22nd Dec 11 at 10:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not really same as some places say you have to use 2-3days of your holiday for the christmas break.

Its not like its a lot of extra time only a week of going into work 40mins earlier a day etc
Brett
Premium Member

22nd Dec 11 at 10:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Our place had a power cut and sent everyone home early then made everyone adjust their timesheets to take the time off. I thought that was bollocks, but what can you do? Just makes you look like a dick.
adiohead

22nd Dec 11 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Talk to your boss and tell them they owe you the money for a full days work or you will take them to court.
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Dec 11 at 10:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats a different kettle of fish we are also told to reserve 3 days of AL for xmas, thats not a problem.

the issue is closing the office on a normal working day halfway through the day and expecting staff to take the hit in terms of time
Ben G

22nd Dec 11 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you sound like a right jobsworth steve. i'd jump at the chance to leave early for work then just make it up at 10 minutes a day next year or something.
Hammer

22nd Dec 11 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We keep 3 days of our annual leave for the closing over Christmas, no one moans about it. It's just what happens.

If I were your boss and heard your concerns I would either laugh or show you the door.
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Dec 11 at 10:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brett
Our place had a power cut and sent everyone home early then made everyone adjust their timesheets to take the time off. I thought that was bollocks, but what can you do? Just makes you look like a dick.

yeah exactly, iv not said anything, tempted to though, tbh i probably will jsut leave at 2pm, its just got my back up that they cant act in a professional manner and abide by the very rules they strive to make sure the employees do to the very letter
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

22nd Dec 11 at 10:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not alot you can do your not the boss. you just have to accept it.
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Dec 11 at 10:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
We keep 3 days of our annual leave for the closing over Christmas, no one moans about it. It's just what happens.

If I were your boss and heard your concerns I would either laugh or show you the door.

Im not sure if you are just inept at reading the problem, or ignorant or both

this isnt having to use annual leave for 3 days, iv already said taht we do that, i dont have a problem with that, i think you need to re-read the issue
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Dec 11 at 10:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VrsTurbo
not alot you can do your not the boss. you just have to accept it.

i could easily challenge it, i dont personally think they have a leg to stand on, thats the joy of working under county council procedures they cant bend the rules
adiohead

22nd Dec 11 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Refuse to leave tomorrow. Sellotape yourself to the desk

[Edited on 22-12-2011 by adiohead]
John

22nd Dec 11 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Unimog building time tbh.
Robbo

22nd Dec 11 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattk
get a life
this tbh, not worht kicking a fuss up over at all
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Dec 11 at 10:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol im not that much of a cunt, it does seem like im being a picky twat which is mostly the reason iv not said anything, i think i just needed to rant on here to stop me stewing over it
Hammer

22nd Dec 11 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
quote:

this isnt having to use annual leave for 3 days, iv already said taht we do that, i dont have a problem with that, i think you need to re-read the issue

I'm not sure if you are some sort of wanker or just a troll in general. However, there are millions of people in the UK with no job that will kindly take yours and the 3 hour flexi time 'dillema' you appear to find yourself in.
Brett
Premium Member

22nd Dec 11 at 10:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

yeah exactly, iv not said anything, tempted to though, tbh i probably will jsut leave at 2pm, its just got my back up that they cant act in a professional manner and abide by the very rules they strive to make sure the employees do to the very letter

I used to stand up for myself at work and point out things that weren't right, but in the end it just got me the tag of having a bad attitude. Easier all round to just take it then forget about it when you clock out.
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Dec 11 at 10:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

I'm not sure if you are some sort of wanker or just a troll in general. However, there are millions of people in the UK with no job that will kindly take yours and the 3 hour flexi time 'dillema' you appear to find yourself in.

Just a wanker mate
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Dec 11 at 10:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

I used to stand up for myself at work and point out things that weren't right, but in the end it just got me the tag of having a bad attitude. Easier all round to just take it then forget about it when you clock out.

yeah same here, annoys me though how if you work the letter of the book you are seen as having a bad attitude, but its ok for the seniors to be picky twats as then its seen as being professional

i dont have a problem with giving, working over time, or even working unpaid, but it bothers me when that flexibility doesnt work both ways and actually encourages me to not put the extra effort when i dont see any given back

[Edited on 22-12-2011 by Steve]
Ian
Site Administrator

22nd Dec 11 at 10:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH that would piss me off, needing to make the time up because they want to go shopping.
3CorsaMeal

22nd Dec 11 at 10:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Barricade yourself in the office with some lego.

are they not closing so they can take you out for lunch and drinks?
Sam
Premium Member

22nd Dec 11 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Worcester city council?

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Dodgy situ at work 22 database queries in 0.0132129 seconds