corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Mazda Mx5 10th Anniversary Edition.

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Mazda Mx5 10th Anniversary Edition.
N3CRO

User status: Offline
1st Jan 12 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Going to look at one tomorrow, what to look out for?
Its a 1999 model.

EDIT : Also, how to tell if its an import or not.

[Edited on 01-01-2012 by TheNobleOne]
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

1st Jan 12 at 22:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hairdryers in the boot!

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
Jambo

1st Jan 12 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Great cars. My fave shape
GB123
Premium Member

1st Jan 12 at 22:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by TheNobleOne
Also, how to tell if its an import or not.

Quite a few ways to tell, firstly the imports are called eunos roadsters and will say this on the back badges and logbook etc, also the rear numberplate will be square on an import not the usual rectangle shape and the indicator stalk will be on the wrong side, i.e. the wiper side.
N3CRO

1st Jan 12 at 23:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This car has smaller plates on both front and rear but anyone could've changed them to that, right?
After all, my cousin has a smaller front plate on her Astra but thats not an import.

Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

1st Jan 12 at 23:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Usually tell by the plate recess!

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
GB123
Premium Member

2nd Jan 12 at 00:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
This car has smaller plates on both front and rear but anyone could've changed them to that, right?
After all, my cousin has a smaller front plate on her Astra but thats not an import.

True, the best/most accurate way to tell is if you look at the VIN plate under the bonnet, a number that starts with JMZ is a British MX5, but if the number starts with NA or NB then it's an import.
N3CRO

2nd Jan 12 at 08:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by GB123
quote:

True, the best/most accurate way to tell is if you look at the VIN plate under the bonnet, a number that starts with JMZ is a British MX5, but if the number starts with NA or NB then it's an import.

Cheers
Robin
Premium Member

2nd Jan 12 at 09:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In all honesty, you're better off with an import anyway, they tend to be less rotten and regardless of what people tell you, don't actually cost any more to insure.

There's not really a lot to look for with them other than rust, mechanically they never really go wrong tbh.
N3CRO

2nd Jan 12 at 09:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
In all honesty, you're better off with an import anyway, they tend to be less rotten and regardless of what people tell you, don't actually cost any more to insure.

There's not really a lot to look for with them other than rust, mechanically they never really go wrong tbh.

I wouldn't be bothered tbh, but its gonnabe for my dad and he tends to shy away from things he don't understand. I've explained that they'll probably be no difference in insurance since he be old, with 40+ driving ex. and 10+ yrs NCB. We're gonna go have a look at the car and if it is an import, he's gonna getta quote before commiting to buy.
Robin
Premium Member

2nd Jan 12 at 09:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All you need to worry about is buying the best one for the money, I've had 2 and the first one was a shed, the second one cost me twice as much but was 4 times as good lol.

If I was buying another, I'd definitely spend that little bit more again.

Both of mine have been imports, the second one had only been in the country 4 years though.

IMO, regardless of country of origin, the only thing that matters is how solid it is underneath.
Robin
Premium Member

2nd Jan 12 at 09:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you have the reg, I can check if it's an import or not at work (where I am sat now doing very little!)
Robin
Premium Member

2nd Jan 12 at 09:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it's on Autotrader, of the 3 I can find on there, only the S plated one is an import, the 2 T plates are UK cars.
taylorboosh

2nd Jan 12 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your very helpfull... gold star
N3CRO

2nd Jan 12 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's an import, only had 2 UK owners since 2006 and my dad fell in love with it and its now sitting in our garage

Bodywork is very good, needs a new roof as the soft top has a rip in it. Goes pretty well, I took it for a quick drive.

Its the 1.8L 10th Anni. Ed. 6 speed box, polished wheels (which I'm not that keen on tbh) rear spoiler, innoncence blue and black and blue leather seats.

7,500 were built, this one is 400 and something.

I'll post pics once its had a good clean.

[Edited on 02-01-2012 by TheNobleOne]
Daveskater
Premium Member

2nd Jan 12 at 19:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
N3CRO

2nd Jan 12 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Race for pinks Dave?
pow
Premium Member

3rd Jan 12 at 09:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My non import is £300 cheaper to insure
N3CRO

3rd Jan 12 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got some quotes and import or non, doesn't seem to make any difference to the price.
Robin
Premium Member

3rd Jan 12 at 13:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does he want a hardtop for the winter?
N3CRO

3rd Jan 12 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haven't gotta new soft top yet but maybe one day. How much and what colour?
Robin
Premium Member

3rd Jan 12 at 13:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Silver, heated, comes complete with wall brackets which are loads of money.

Need it gone ASAP though, that's the thing. Looking for £450 for it tbh, as it's a genuine one.
N3CRO

3rd Jan 12 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nah, he won't be spending that much on it right now, still needs a soft top and thats a couple of hundred at least there.
Daveskater
Premium Member

3rd Jan 12 at 13:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You could still have the hardtop on as it's winter now and then get a soft top in a few months.

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
Robin
Premium Member

3rd Jan 12 at 14:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Speak to Rob E about softtops, he had his done by one of the best in the business and it wasn't expensive.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Mazda Mx5 10th Anniversary Edition. 23 database queries in 0.0112450 seconds