corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » sportex exhaust systems

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author sportex exhaust systems
1litrecozzyeater

User status: Offline
5th Jan 12 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whats your thaughts on them good or bad ?
Ben G

5th Jan 12 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

had a mild steel backbox on mine 5 years ago, last time i saw the car 2 years ago, it was fine, not rusted through.

sounded ok, but full system is very loud with the race tube.
FAZ
Premium Member

5th Jan 12 at 21:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

very good
Generation

5th Jan 12 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Top system for the cash
Jed D

got a stainless 4 branch, a de-cat welded to a sportex racetube and a 3" stainless bb (unknown make)

think the sportex ractube is a pile of crap tbh
too loud and no back pressure. raspy shite sound!

previously had a standard centre section (with all the rest of the system the same as said, de-cated....) felt and sounded pretty decent

also

a stainless centre (unknown make) with a very small silencer (also same system as said) felt mint, only changed it because i think the centre was for a 1.0l as it wasn't the rite type of angle and hit off the front heat shield area

im surprised i haven't been pulled for noise pollution yet
mike56gte

had a cat back system on my first corsa b. was on it for about a year and never had a problem with it even after hitting the tarmac multiple times. lol
Ash5

5th Jan 12 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jed D
got a stainless 4 branch, a de-cat welded to a sportex racetube and a 3" stainless bb (unknown make)

previously had a standard centre section (with all the rest of the system the same as said, de-cated....) felt and sounded pretty decent

also

a stainless centre (unknown make) with a very small silencer (also same system as said) felt mint, only changed it because i think the centre was for a 1.0l as it wasn't the rite type of angle and hit off the front heat shield area

isnt the reason you had no back pressure your falt for remove the cat/silencer not the race tube?

i had a sportex racetube on my corsa it was fine well worth the money

[Edited on 05-01-2012 by ash10]
bullock106xsi

5th Jan 12 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

had sportex cat back systems on both my sports and they were awesome. brothers got one on his and its spot on aswell.
mike56gte

5th Jan 12 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

also

the 'race tube' will be more suited for tuned engines that need the free flowing exhaust, not really made for slapping on a standard corsa.
N3CRO

I have a Sportex backbox on my GTi.
Not had a single problem with it incl. fitting.
Jed D

quote:
Originally posted by ash10
quote:

also

isnt the reason you had no back pressure your falt for remove the cat/silencer not the race tube?

i had a sportex racetube on my corsa it was fine well worth the money

[Edited on 05-01-2012 by ash10]

my car was de-catted from when i got it and it ran better with the standard centre that was on it at the time.... even better with the stainless centre section (very small silencer)....
once i fitted the race tube i regretted it. when you go from acceleration to not, it feels like it slows down... yeah my fault for sound, i agree but honestly only got it cos it was cheap and seemed like a good idea at the time.
personally i wouldn't recommend them
theres not much to the quality in the cheap mild steel they use ether

will be replacing at some point for sure

sorry but thats just my opinion
corsadonk
Premium Member

5th Jan 12 at 21:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They're loud but do a good job.
Sunz

5th Jan 12 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 1litrecozzyeater
Whats your thaughts on them good or bad ?

Good.

I had a manifold and de-cat with backbox for an old 8v corsa, for the money it was okay, only problem I found was the paint that it came coated it was super thin and would come off easy which in the long run would have meant it would have started to get rusted in places.

So many best to paint it with some thicker more protective paint before fitting it.

[Edited on 05-01-2012 by Sunz]
corsarooney
Premium Member

5th Jan 12 at 21:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Iv got a full system including manifold, cant knock it for the money, excelent value!

Never had a problem with mine, fitted spot on first time.

Althoygh if your going for the full system with a decat be prepared to wake the dead, its proper fuckin loud haha!!

Corsa 1.6 sport - 1
1.7 puma engined fiesta - 0

Keeping corsa's on the redline since 2008
N3CRO

5th Jan 12 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

You'd know if it was for a 1.0L coz the bore would be smaller than the rest of the exhaust.
Jed D

5th Jan 12 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by TheNobleOne
quote:

You'd know if it was for a 1.0L coz the bore would be smaller than the rest of the exhaust.

the bore was a bit smaller on that stainless one dude but not loads... i had to cut about 3" length off the de-cat and slot it in rather than out and the angle was a little bit more to one side making the silencer hit the heat shield....
other than that i love that centre

iv just u2u'd pharoah2011 who has that centre now cos he has a 1.0l and he said he hasn't fitted it yet cos the diameter is bigger so im guessing it wasn't for a 1.0l, doh

but when it came round to fitting the sportex R/T i obveously had a fight on my hands from cutting the de-cat

so i cut a sleeve from a ford tranny van and welded it to the de-cat

all fits up mint now but i preferred having a silencer

had a complaint from a neighbour the other week....
started the car up at 5am on morning to go to work... went back to the door of the house to have a tab while it warms up and she came out and told me to stop revving it... how do you rev a car that your not even standing near
silly bint

also had one of my neighbours (dont know wich one yet) stuck an onion in my tailpipe over night
fell out when i started it

[Edited on 05-01-2012 by Jed D]
Corsa_Scotty

5th Jan 12 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm needing a new system for my XE ideally without a middle silencer (for clearance reasons) and the sportex systems are taking my fancy. Not sure how loud it'll be on a XE though
tom130691
Premium Member

5th Jan 12 at 22:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i loved my sportex but its rusing quite badly now,
joints are rusty and the back box has wholes in it,

age wise ive had it 3 years, got it second hand but it looked brand new
1litrecozzyeater

5th Jan 12 at 22:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do i have to chop my cat to fit the centre pipe
Jed D

5th Jan 12 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 1litrecozzyeater
Do i have to chop my cat to fit the centre pipe

shouldn't do mate, i cut mine for a different type of centre and those pics are to show how much i had to extend it by when fitting the sportex...
everyone else hasn't seemed to have an issue so you should be fiine
shaunmods
Premium Member

5th Jan 12 at 22:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Loved mine lots of lovely pops and bangs!
lowcorsa

5th Jan 12 at 23:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thank god u lot just said they were good as i just brought one yesterday just waiting for delivery
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

5th Jan 12 at 23:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsarooney
Iv got a full system including manifold, cant knock it for the money, excelent value!

Never had a problem with mine, fitted spot on first time.

Althoygh if your going for the full system with a decat be prepared to wake the dead, its proper fuckin loud haha!!

I can vouch for this one sounding good!

Haven't had one myself though

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
JordyCarter

6th Jan 12 at 00:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had a backbox on my car rest of system was standard, made a nice noise when slowing down in the higher gears that was it really though but did look good imo
chrisritch

6th Jan 12 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had s sportex on my first corsa with the race tube. good kit.

Had a sportex also on my first saxo and all the baffles came out set off car alarms

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » sportex exhaust systems 23 database queries in 0.0150211 seconds