corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Schoolboy error - Broken Honda Warning

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Schoolboy error - Broken Honda Warning
Eck
Premium Member

User status: Offline
6th Jan 12 at 01:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is what happens when you assume

Crawling up to a roundabout being a Vectra B GSi in the rain, had a glance right and there was nothing there, looked back at him and his brake lights went off and he started to move, so another quick glance, then went to go... And when I turned back he wasn't moving So, yeah... As you can see from the pictures, I basically went under the back of the fucking Vauxhall. He has a buggered exhaust and a damaged bumper. He was actually apologetic for his hesitation but it's obviously my fault for being an idiot Ah well, school boy and all that

And this is him on his way to get checked:

The damage:
Damaged bumper
Fucked bonnet (no shit)
twisted drivers side wing
Broken headlight
Bent slam panel
Burst boost pipe
Potentially fucked radiator

Won't know anything else until it's stripped down for investigation. Could have been worse! Engine is fine, car drives straight, and no damage to the Supercharger and Charge cooler

If all is well it'll be fixed by next Friday with all new panels fitted, front bumper smoothed (looks so much better), bumper, bonnet, splitter, front wings and doors sprayed for blending An expensive error with his car being repaired by insurance and £830 coming out of my pocket but hey ho

[Edited on 06-01-2012 by Eck]
mike56gte

6th Jan 12 at 01:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bad times eck
Paul_J

6th Jan 12 at 01:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fuck sake eck.

To be fair, £830 doesn't seem too bad looking at it
Eck
Premium Member

6th Jan 12 at 01:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was fucking gutted yesterday. But it was just wounded pride at my own retardedness Today, now that it's in the bodyshop and will be sorted soon, I'm feeling slightly jovial £830 is pretty damn good indeed I know they'll do a decent job as I know the lad who's doing it and he's done a couple of mates cars!
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
6th Jan 12 at 01:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice sensible crash in which you debated the circumstances but got on with the job of fixing cars.
Ben G

6th Jan 12 at 01:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why you not going through your insurance? tpft?
Eck
Premium Member

6th Jan 12 at 01:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No point in dicking about, mate. At the end of the day it is 100% my fault for going into the back of him, even if his hesitation was questionable
Ben G

6th Jan 12 at 01:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also, such an easy mistake to male, almost done it a few weeks back.
Eck
Premium Member

6th Jan 12 at 01:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye it's TPFT, Ben. I was under the illusion I was Fully Comp until I phoned up. Been under that illusion for years it seems since I've just changed cars but carried on the policy
sc0ott

6th Jan 12 at 06:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nearly had a similar accident a while age but with a woman driver in front. Luckily i managed to stop.

That roundabout is open plan. You could see people a mile away before they reach the roundabout. Its faggots who cant look and drive, they tend to drive right up then stop and then look.

IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

6th Jan 12 at 07:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you paying for the other guys too? is that included in the £830?
FlamingCorsa

6th Jan 12 at 08:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham
you paying for the other guys too? is that included in the £830?

guessing he means his insurance is paying for other car and he has to pay 830 for his car to be repaired!
Jed D

6th Jan 12 at 08:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

guttered for you eck

mate done the same error in a 60 reg astra sri not so long ago
richc

6th Jan 12 at 08:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im paranoid about this. I always make sure they have gone due to this sort of thing. I have done it once on a scooter

It had really light rollers so you had to keep the revs up, and once it hit its power (and with modified clutch), it took off like fook. Joining a dual carridge way from stop - Black evo 8 went to pull off (there was no cars on the carridge way), i nail it then he stops for a blank road :/

I had just had it resparyed and i left it big red mark on his shiney black car and he looked at me then drove off???
Seany

6th Jan 12 at 09:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Saw this on book face the other day mate
at least its getting fixed, you could always throw a few extra pennies at the lad and get some stuff colour coded while its in?
Tomnova16
Premium Member

6th Jan 12 at 09:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i get alot of cars in that have done the same thing as you, bad times

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
Jambo

6th Jan 12 at 09:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did the same thing Eck but i was doing 1mph. Snapped the cap off my screw cover for my number plate Cost me 20p

Get it fixed and back on the road, £830 seems alright considering
adiohead

6th Jan 12 at 09:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is the guy claiming personal injury? or is it a genuine hesitation on his part?
Liam-Wilko

6th Jan 12 at 09:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bad times mate love you civic as well gutted for ya main thing is that you are okay.

good thing you getting it fixed
pow
Premium Member

6th Jan 12 at 09:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ahh sheeeet - never mind, you and him are find, both getting cars sorted
3CorsaMeal

6th Jan 12 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Deffo speeding
JakeyC

6th Jan 12 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did this not long ago, felt like a rate tool
Eck
Premium Member

6th Jan 12 at 11:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sc0ott
Nearly had a similar accident a while age but with a woman driver in front. Luckily i managed to stop.

That roundabout is open plan. You could see people a mile away before they reach the roundabout. Its faggots who cant look and drive, they tend to drive right up then stop and then look.

That's what I didn't get Scott Guess that's why he was apologetic too!

Mark - The £830 is my car alone, so far Given all my details to the lad so he'll be going through insurance to fix his one.

Aye Jed, it's daft like Shit happens I guess

Rich I'm normally really careful with this but one lapse in concentration has fucked it really!

That's the plan Seany Getting the bumper smoothed off so I can relocate the plate and getting a few bits done

Common occurance that people are as retarded as me Tom

I wish that was the case here Jambo Unfortunately my car is so low I went under him

Adio, it was hesitation on his part but that won't make a difference really? He said he felt perfectly fine but we shall see! If he does, he does. Not a lot can be said or done about that, but he seemed a genuinely nice bloke. So if he does claim, I hope its for an actual injury. Naturally hope he isn't injured though

Cheers Liam It'll be coming back better than ever Don't think I'll be putting the yellow Honda badge back on though. I was made to take it away with me because it has sentimental value... It came off my bro's mates' Jordan that he wrote off

That's what we were saying at the time Dave; That it's just a metal box and it's insignificant if someone gets hurt.

I was Jim, guess you've blown my cover

Tell me about it Jakey, I still fucking cringe when I replay it in my head
Jenko_Sport

6th Jan 12 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive come close to doing this before but seening a jordan like that upsets me
Chris C

6th Jan 12 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've done this before in my old vts, I was so fucking annoyed with myself....

Your civic looks better than my saxo did lol.

On the plus side at least you wont have any stone chips when it's repaired

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Schoolboy error - Broken Honda Warning 23 database queries in 0.0132270 seconds