corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » independant medicals

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author independant medicals
Seany

User status: Offline
19th Jan 12 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just had a phone call to go for an independant medical after my crash in December.
Anyone had one before? Any ideas on how long they last, what I will have to do? etc
3CorsaMeal

19th Jan 12 at 10:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

100% they put something up your bum
Seany

19th Jan 12 at 10:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good stuff
Ian
Site Administrator

19th Jan 12 at 11:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends what they need to know, sure I didn't wait long when my mate went for one and they just told him to lift his arms up and tell them about his sleeping habits.
Jake

19th Jan 12 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my brother went to one and he was well dodgy, basically putting words in my his mouth to claim more money
Seany

19th Jan 12 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's for my neck back and shoulders, because my head was turned to the side when the thundercunt hit me its caused more damage than normal.
nick_sri

19th Jan 12 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine lasted about 20 mins , checked movement of my shoulders and neck and asked a few questions
Seany

19th Jan 12 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nick_sri
mine lasted about 20 mins , checked movement of my shoulders and neck and asked a few questions

Wash your injury whiplash?
If so how much you get compensation? People are telling me loads of different figures.
nick_sri

19th Jan 12 at 14:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Seany
quote:

Wash your injury whiplash?
If so how much you get compensation? People are telling me loads of different figures.

yeh whiplash , took around 4 months and got £1600

was also recovering from a dislocated shoulder couple of months previous so added that in for extra £££

[Edited on 19-01-2012 by nick_sri]
ed

19th Jan 12 at 14:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

...and added ££££££££££££££££ onto everyone else's insurance in the process
nick_sri

19th Jan 12 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed

i pay nearly 2k a year for inurance so fucking right im going to get what i can.
adiohead

19th Jan 12 at 14:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ed

i pay nearly 2k a year for inurance so fucking right im going to get what i can.

which is why you pay 2k a year
Seany

19th Jan 12 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed

So if someone ran into you and you were genuinely injured you wouldn't claim because it would add to other peoples insurances?
Ben G

19th Jan 12 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've had 2.

they sit you down and ask you what pain you have, then ask you to do some stretches and shit to see how bad your injuries are.

they don't really give a fuck if you're bullshitting btw, they still get paid whether you lie or are truthful.

as for compo figures, my first one was 2.4k and my current one going through is 2-2.5k (even though the 2nd one was much worse).

to everyone who moans about people claiming. first off, i had to take time off work, costing me money, had to take my car to get repaired, costing me money, had to stop doing things because my back was buggered, increased my insurance premium by hundreds and all because some divvy cunt didn't look where they were going.

[Edited on 19-01-2012 by Ben G]
ed

19th Jan 12 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ed

So if someone ran into you and you were genuinely injured you wouldn't claim because it would add to other peoples insurances?

Define genuinely injured? Whiplash is a piss take, have a can of man the fuck up and get on with your life. If you suffered a life altering injury then that's slightly different, and actually what compensation was designed for - paying for the new stuff you'd need or the lost earnings. People have such a high level of self entitlement these days it's ridiculous, thousands of pounds for an un-diagnosable sore neck? Fuck off.
Ben G

19th Jan 12 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so you've had a car accident with injuries affecting your daily life but decided to just get on with it and enjoy life as a cripple?
ed

19th Jan 12 at 16:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The system is flawed because of people's feeling of self entitlement. That's my stance, I'm not changing my mind on it. You already highlighted that point in your previous post:

"they don't really give a fuck if you're bullshitting btw, they still get paid whether you lie or are truthful."
John

19th Jan 12 at 16:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I crashed my car from 90mph and got flung about all ways, didn't have

I know someone who crashed with no seatbelt on, flung about the car, came to a rest in the back somewhere, didn't have whiplash.

Been hit from behind with other people driving, no whiplash.
Ben G

19th Jan 12 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've fallen from a roof onto concrete and didn't break any bones.

i got hit in the face with a baseball bat and knocked out, didn't break any bones.

everyone is different john.

and yes ed, that is the way the independent medical people see it. i could've lied and got 4 times the money i got but i didn't.

who pays for my insurance when it went up £400 because 2 women drove into the back of my whilst i was stationary in traffic? oh yeah thats right, me.
Seany

quote:
Originally posted by ed
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ed

Define genuinely injured? Whiplash is a piss take, have a can of man the fuck up and get on with your life. If you suffered a life altering injury then that's slightly different, and actually what compensation was designed for - paying for the new stuff you'd need or the lost earnings. People have such a high level of self entitlement these days it's ridiculous, thousands of pounds for an un-diagnosable sore neck? Fuck off.

Ever had whiplash? It can be utter agony and there's nothing they can do for it except anti inflamitory tablets.
And no its not just whiplash I got I suffer from a trapped nerve under my shoulder blade which has been made a lot worse.
I would day my life was definately altered for at least a few weeks, couldn't work, couldn't sleap, pretty much couldn't move my neck in any direction and couldn't drive for at least a week. Lost a load of work as I'm self employed so I would day I'm entitled.
If its undiagnosable then why is that's what's on my hospital and doctors records?
Chris x

Would never claim compensation even if I was injured.

Time off work - You should get payed (unless your Self employed)

Its a fucking con.

As is it when police get compo for being injured doing there job e.t.c.
Ben G

19th Jan 12 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok chris

i lose out on my shift rate money (didn't think of that did you?) when i'm off work, which is around £150 a week + my 10% extra so lose around £200 a week after tax when i'm off work.
Seany

19th Jan 12 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been in a crash before a lot worse than this one but I wasn't injured, its all circumstantial.
Chris x

19th Jan 12 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When that base ball hit you in the face, did you think of compo? No, because it wasnt an option/ easy option.

Ok, shift money e.t.c. is fair enough, but I disagree with the compo side of it.

Heyho..
Corsa_Sport21

19th Jan 12 at 16:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
who pays for my insurance when it went up £400 because 2 women drove into the back of my whilst i was stationary in traffic? oh yeah thats right, me.

Who pays for my insurance after its increased because you have had 2 whiplash claims........

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » independant medicals 22 database queries in 0.0156021 seconds