corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Formby Cycles Discount

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Formby Cycles Discount
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

User status: Offline
19th Jan 12 at 16:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Basicly ive worked in formby cycles (www.formbycycles.co.uk) for the past 6 or so years
Ive also been a member on cs for a good few years
Theres alot of interest in bikes on the forum so ive decided to try and set up a corsa sport discount from ourselfs

What i need is interest in the discount from you guys, so i can take this to my boss and say this is how many people would be buying things from us can i set this up
Already spoken to ian and he has ok'd me doing this too

So if you could post on here if you are interested and if so what you are interested in
Doesnt have to be exact details just breif details

Like for example "im after a cube mtb anyways so the discount scheme would be usefull for me" or something along those lines
Once ive got plenty of interest then ill show it to the boss and hopefully get the ball rolling

Thanks
Joe
ianofbhills

19th Jan 12 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd be interested in a discount for stuff.
I have 4 bikes 1 road, 1 hardtail, 1 single speed and 1 hardtail the mrs uses.
Consumables like brake pads, chains, tyres and also clothes really.

[Edited on 19-01-2012 by ianofbhills]
AlunJ

19th Jan 12 at 17:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm always interested in clothing
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

19th Jan 12 at 18:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awsome guys keep it comeing. Got a massive massive range of clothing with hundreds of companys we can deal with

Also we can get hold of brake pads, chains things like that for 99.9% of bike makes out there or wd can find you a alternative too
Russ

19th Jan 12 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will the invoices be signed

FlaFFy =]
Ben J

19th Jan 12 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah consumables and clothing for my roadie and maybe a MTB at some point. Also servicing?

[Edited on 19-01-2012 by Ben J]
jimmy 2.1

19th Jan 12 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Clothing mainly. But drive train gear is always a nice thing to upgrade.

Wish the discount could've been set up earlier as was tempted to get a Cube AMS Sl from Formby!

[Edited on 19-01-2012 by jimmy 2.1]
Mad Moe

19th Jan 12 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Couldn't have came at a better time this as I'm looking for a Hybrid at the moment for my Coast and Castles bike ride. Been looking at a Trek 7300 but open to any recommendations.
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

19th Jan 12 at 18:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

haha russ i can sign them specialy for you if u want

ben j- Cant do discount on labour mate so servicing and things like that are full price but parts used in the service if any needed will be at a discount aswell

Jimmy2.1- have you bought a bike? Or are you still looking?

Mad moe- trek hybrids are awsome mate, the feel of them are spot on. The only thing id say would be check out the cube range of hybrids as the spec on them are far and above the other makes and models you will find!

Jamie Walby

19th Jan 12 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Always interested in discounted clothing.
Liam

19th Jan 12 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Interested in clothing and consumables etc.
Chris
Premium Member

19th Jan 12 at 19:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I will be after some avid juicy pads
Colin

19th Jan 12 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you do cycle to work?? Im after a new mountain bike in a couple months time, around a grands worth, missed out last years so deffo getting one this year!
jacko198

19th Jan 12 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah they do cycle to work
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

19th Jan 12 at 20:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As me bro said we do cycle to work schemes

We stock loads of avid juicy pads
mantamark

19th Jan 12 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking to upgrade the drivetrain as not getting on with the deore shifters, but dont know what to go for. Also looking for cassette, chain, mechs, rear wheel, clothing etc
Balling
Premium Member

19th Jan 12 at 21:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Consumables and clothing mainly.

Will possibly be looking to purchase a singlespeed road bike come spring.

FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

19th Jan 12 at 21:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mantamark - if you dont like shimano as a whole you could go for sram? Compleetly different shifters all together. Different set up different shifting style different everything. If you want to go for a shimano upgrade deore xt will probly be the best set up for you

Balling - we dont have alot of fixies in however one of the lads that work for us is a complete and total fixie head so we can get hold of anything thanks to him and his magazine covers and shit ahah
Simon

19th Jan 12 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As the other thread, brake pads, seen some pretty cheap though so have to see what the discount did to prices
Jay

19th Jan 12 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whats cycle to work? I'm after a Bike for around 300-400, specialized or something... Include me in the "showing interest"
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

20th Jan 12 at 00:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Simon - how much have you seen them for? Can also do price matches

Jay - cycle to work scheme is basicly a thing your company signs up for where you get up to 1000 to spend on a bike and accessories, you pick all your bits and we give you a quote form, you take that to someone in your buisness who fills out some forms. Week or 2 later you get a voucher off cycle to work. Come get your bike and accessories then the money for the bike comes out of your paycheck before tax and national insurance. So it works out about 20-40% cheaper depending on what tax code you in obviously
Simon

20th Jan 12 at 09:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Flaffy, depends on what brands the pads are really. I know superstar stuff can be hit and miss but I've had pretty good experience with their brake pads - 4 packs for £23
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

20th Jan 12 at 12:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the pads that we get are the official formular replacement pads. Hence the price being higher than that of superstar.

Anyone else got any interest atall? Im sure theres more bikers on this forum than just you guys?
Jamie Walby

20th Jan 12 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FlaFFy_91
Mantamark - if you dont like shimano as a whole you could go for sram? Compleetly different shifters all together. Different set up different shifting style different everything. If you want to go for a shimano upgrade deore xt will probly be the best set up for you

My mate works for a bike distribution company and he's currently at the SRAM headquarters in Europe. Posted a couple of pics on Facebook of some of the stuff in there. Very impressive.
mantamark

20th Jan 12 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im thinking about staying shimano, but dont know the difference between all the versions.

Deffo want a new cassette and chain in next 2 weeks max. Or just a sram 9sp powerlink and a chain tool asap to get me back out. Price?

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Formby Cycles Discount 23 database queries in 0.0128632 seconds