corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Peugeot 207 gti

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Peugeot 207 gti
alan t

User status: Offline
28th Jan 12 at 16:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im waiting on my account to get approved on there owners club website so thought I would ask here first, anyone know much about these? Any common faults to look out for on them?

The only thing king of putting me off is the front end, im not to sure of them but apart from that really like them, 5 star ncap rating as well so thats good as my mrs will be using it as well. I was looking at corsa vxrs but there seems to be tons of them going about and these are a bit rarer, cheaper as well! They are down on power from a vxr but with a remap should see 190bhp so that would be more than enough for me, other than a remap the car will be getting left standard if I get one.

Ive read a few reviews online and these seem to average about 35mpg so sounds pretty decent as well, only thing im a bit worried about is the usual peugeot reliabilty issues

Whats peoples opinions on them?

Few random pics of them from google images, really love the seats in them

[Edited on 28-01-2012 by alan t]
andys sxi
Premium Member

28th Jan 12 at 16:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i didnt really like them untill i seen this one for sale on here i think it looks quite nice an a good price aswell

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=622686

April 08 feature car
alan t

28th Jan 12 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im getting old and boring mate so modded cars dont really interest me these days lol.

that one is nice though, just not my cup of tea
Eck
Premium Member

28th Jan 12 at 16:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Almost certain that Edd has one, maybe a u2u to him would get some info?
alan t

28th Jan 12 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

never knew that eck il have a look for him, cheers mate
Sunz

28th Jan 12 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pretty much dislike most Peugeot cars but quite liking the look of that in white.

Anty
Premium Member

28th Jan 12 at 16:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it doesnt look right in blue..lol
Seany

28th Jan 12 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a play with one the other day, wasn't as slow as I heard they were, could have been mapped though.
Sounded pretty nice too. Always liked the look of them.
Dan
Premium Member

28th Jan 12 at 16:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just sold my 207.

I had a GT, much better spec than the GTi.

Mine was derv though. 1.6 110hp. Nothing really went wrong, except dual mass and clutch at 3 yr/65k miles. Luckily just under warranty.

Brake discs are mega bucks as well, so make sure they are good

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
alan t

28th Jan 12 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers for the replies folks, quick look on the net and its ment to be a similar engine to the cooper s'

im not to keen on them in blue either, will be either black or white hopefully, all the white ones seem to be more expensive though
Seany

28th Jan 12 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Certainly not as quick as the s. Probably a lot mote comfortable though
alan t

28th Jan 12 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Seany
Certainly not as quick as the s. Probably a lot mote comfortable though

Im not that bothered about it being really quick, as long as its got a wee bit poke and a bit comfy it'll do me , also with it being 5 star ncap safety thingy it will give me piece of mind when shes out in it
gazamac1

28th Jan 12 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it doesn't have a full service history stay well clear. Regular oil changes are advised otherwise you'll get into a whole world of hassle. On Higher mileage cars check if it's had a timing belt changed. The engines are notorious for slipping the timing, If it feels sluggish or doesnt have a nice kick when on boost walk away, it's usually the first signs of problems. Apart from that just the usual checks.
On the upside They have quite possibly the most comfortable seats I've ever sat in.
alan t

28th Jan 12 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks for that gaz il remember to keep an eye out for that when im looking. all servicing and maintanence will be done by myself anyway but il want one with a history already.

the seats do look amazing in them, really need to go and get a test drive in one and see how i get on i think
Dan
Premium Member

28th Jan 12 at 17:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cambelt on the derv engine was 114k or 10 years!

Not sure if its same for the petrol

Dan
Premium Member

28th Jan 12 at 17:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

GT is still a much better car, im sure they do same engine as well?

gazamac1

28th Jan 12 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They are good cars for the money. If you stick to those guides you can't go far wrong.
gazamac1

28th Jan 12 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can't remember off the top of my head, tbh if you bought one that had high mileage (60k+) I'd get the timing kit done for piece of mind if it hadn't been done.
stan_the_man

28th Jan 12 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As said, make sure servicing has been carried out religiously. These engines a very huffy if not looked after.

Also as said, brake discs cost a fortune, especially rears as they contain wheel bearings too. My mate just paid £500 for fronts and rears.

Otherwise yeah theyre very nice to drive and go quite well!

I personally wouldn't have one as I'd be frightened it broke.
Edd

28th Jan 12 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I do indeed have one, and lots of innacurate info is on here.

First of all the GT is the step below the GTi quite obviously and is not better specced.

The car shares the exact same engine as the newer cooper s' the rcz and the ds3 thp which was a joint venture between PSA and BMW.

They dont have a cambelt either its a chain.

The plus points

Really well kitted out - rain sensing wipers, parking sensors, traction control, tyre pressure sensors, electric folding wing mirrors, lovely interior, easily remapped to over 200bhp.

Downsides

There is a major issue with the majority of all the cars with these engines that at one point in their lifes the engine loses its timing, there are revised parts now but they never made it a recall which is an absolute disgrace imo. clutch master cylinder is a weak point, dump valve's tend to go easily and ignition coils can be a problem. Should have probably had a 6th gear if im being honest.

Like every car they have the bad points but the stigma of french built is blown away in the more recent cars, every passenger i ever have in it always compliments it and about how comfy it is.

Performance is brilliant, its a wee bit overweight but has no problems at all seeing off similar powered cars on the road.
Edd

28th Jan 12 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Photo's from when i got it

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=573291&page=1
alan t

28th Jan 12 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers for that edd, some good info there

whats the fuel consumption like with them? i know if a 1.6 turbo so wont be amazing but hoping there not to thirsty! Also any ideas on what insurance group they are? cheers
Edd

28th Jan 12 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

With a good bit of fun being had i very rarely drop under 30mpg but if im in full on hooligan mode it drops down to 27-28ish.

Also meant to say they like oil.....a lot!
alan t

28th Jan 12 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yours looks great in the pictures mate, looks good in red as well
alan t

28th Jan 12 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Edd
With a good bit of fun being had i very rarely drop under 30mpg but if im in full on hooligan mode it drops down to 27-28ish.

Also meant to say they like oil.....a lot!

thats not so bad, i only get about 35 in my 1600 astra H so not much better

still got several tubs of mobil 1 oil from when i left my old work so that would be fine if they like oil

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Peugeot 207 gti 23 database queries in 0.0181479 seconds