corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Cars that fog lights come on when turning

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Cars that fog lights come on when turning
Jamie-C

User status: Offline
22nd Feb 12 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone else noticed this? Seen it on quite a few Seats and Mercs like this and probably a lot of others.

Whats the point? First time I seen it I thought his lights were broke then I seen loads more the same. I'd feel like a right twat if it was mine tbh , I can't see any benefits from it
dannyboy17

22nd Feb 12 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

light up the corner on a country road? only thing i can think off it doing
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

22nd Feb 12 at 20:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

GF's Ibiza does it and can't be turned off! Worst bit is both fog lights come on when you reverse!

Makes you look bit of a twat having fogs on when it's not foggy!

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
Jamie-C

22nd Feb 12 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daniel_Corsa
GF's Ibiza does it and can't be turned off! Worst bit is both fog lights come on when you reverse!

Makes you look bit of a twat having fogs on when it's not foggy!
, that's even more pathetic then, why do foglights need to come when your in reverse
Ian
Site Administrator

22nd Feb 12 at 21:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

at the reverse thing.

I think it looks stupid.
ed

22nd Feb 12 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to turn on the rear fog lights when reversing in the dar in my Corsa B - the reversing light was crap!
Corsa_Sport21

22nd Feb 12 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dannyboy17
light up the corner on a country road? only thing i can think off it doing

They do it in broad day light when the headlights aren't even on.
Jamie-C

22nd Feb 12 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I could sort of understand if they only do it when dipped beam is on but the only thing they're doing is letting other drivers know your going round a corner
sc0ott

22nd Feb 12 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stupid idea. Youll get the idiots who turn on their fogs manually going round every corner.
Phoenix Autosport

22nd Feb 12 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have a similar problem with mine, the horn keeps going off when driving past hot chicks
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

22nd Feb 12 at 23:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Copied from Seat spiel...

"The sharp-looking headlights of the SEAT Ibiza SC will make heads turn wherever you go. But there's more to them than that: The front fog lights have cornering function - meaning that, when necessary, they focus automatically on the direction that the vehicle is heading in order to offer you the safest journey possible. Want to be a step ahead of the rest and see what's going on around the next corner? The SEAT Ibiza SC takes care of that."

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

22nd Feb 12 at 23:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doesn't explain front fogs coming on when you hit reverse, I want to see behind me not infront.

I looked in VAGcom 18months ago but wasn't able to deactivate at the time.

Started with Merc now Seat / Fiat and others are following suit!

Stupid idea, fair enough the headlights turning as you do like Citroen invented way back when.

Fog lights are for fog only!

Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

22nd Feb 12 at 23:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Citroen DS did that decades ago, suddenly now other manufacturers have come up with what seems like a massive bodge to try and make the same effect
_Allan_

22nd Feb 12 at 23:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Daniel they can be switched off via VCDS.
Simon_16v

23rd Feb 12 at 07:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah it can be definitely turned off as I activated it on my Leon
corsadonk
Premium Member

23rd Feb 12 at 07:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought I was going mad, and seeing things again.
pow
Premium Member

23rd Feb 12 at 08:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had this disabled on the MiTo. Fucking fog lights coming on with the indicators 'it's a safety feature sir'. No it's not.
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

23rd Feb 12 at 08:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by _Allan_
Daniel they can be switched off via VCDS.

Couldn't at the time, I'll have to stick VAGcom on new laptop and get it turned off! Fog lights when turning no wonder cunts think it's ok to use them in broad daylight!

nathy_87

23rd Feb 12 at 08:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine get mistaken for foglights (although they don't come on when cornering and are DRLs). They are different effing colour.
Balling
Premium Member

23rd Feb 12 at 09:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nathy_87
Mine get mistaken for foglights

Lights low in each corner of the bumper!? How could any one mistake them for fog lights?

nathy_87

23rd Feb 12 at 09:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I see your point BUT when have you seen bright white foglights? Foglights have and always be with a yellow tinge.
mwg

23rd Feb 12 at 09:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could you get done for this? Same as you can get done for driving with fog lights on.
nathy_87

23rd Feb 12 at 09:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would love for a copper to pull me over and argue the toss, if he didn't know any wiser.

Edit: Although they act as my side lights as well.

[Edited on 23-02-2012 by nathy_87]
Mertin

23rd Feb 12 at 09:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nathy_87
Yeah I see your point BUT when have you seen bright white foglights? Foglights have and always be with a yellow tinge.

Dont think iv ever seen fogs with a yellow tinge? Just normal bulbs

This was mentioned in rob_zetecs ibiza cupra thread. I see it as pointless and annoying aswell, especially in towns when turning into junctions and roundabouts.
Iv put my fogs on before on country roads to see the difference, it lights up the verge about 3 feet in front of the car (bear in mind your headlights already have this lit up and you'll be on full beam on country roads)

Dont know if its any councidence with clios but jambo and ojc said they were great
djgritt
Premium Member

23rd Feb 12 at 09:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The single Fog thing is annoying, though I'm sure some cars seem to have the lamp with a less bright output when cornering?

My Mazda has cornering lights, but they are a seperate lamp built into the headlights that are angled L & R and come on/go off when the set steering angles are passed. They work well from a drivers POV, and are hardly noticeable when you look at them from outside.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Cars that fog lights come on when turning 23 database queries in 0.0140021 seconds