corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Car crash/insurance related question.......

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Car crash/insurance related question.......
Corsa_Sport21

User status: Offline
22nd Mar 12 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, young lad at work who has just passed his test about 3 weeks ago had some1 smack into the back of him last night. Was kinda funny hearing about it as he has been driving around like a tit, thinking he is untouchable/immune from the law.

But the issue is, i, and every other person at work knows that his car was just an accident waiting to happen. He had no brake lights and has been driving around like this since he passed his test, knowing fine well they weren't working. Was told umpteen times some1 is gonna end up smacking into him because of this. He just laughs it off without a care in the world.

Thing is, will this be a case of jump in shite/come out stinking of roses?? Will the person who smacked into him insurance have to pay out?? Even though the accident was probably caused by the young lad?? Will the no brake lights thing just be a police matter??

Was only just last week he lost it and hit a wall, which ripped the front bumper area to bits and wiped out his front arch. Car is an old 1986 Mini so without said arch, the whole wheel/tyre sticks right out so im guessing the coppers would have seen that also if they were called out.

lozarus

22nd Mar 12 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I see we're your coming from but it's kinda Cuntish to grass on your own work pal which will probably end up in him loosing his lisence. just hope that the crash teaches him a lesson and hope he's not about if god forbid you ever crashed your car lol
BarnshaW

unless there is proof then i guess it will go against the driver who drove into the back of him
BarnshaW

quote:
Originally posted by lozarus
I see we're your coming from but it's kinda Cuntish to grass on your own work pal which will probably end up in him loosing his lisence. just hope that the crash teaches him a lesson and hope he's not about if god forbid you ever crashed your car lol

its not cuntish at all, driving around without brake lights working is cuntish
lozarus

22nd Mar 12 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes that is Cuntish but the retard behind should have left enough distance wether his brake lights are there or not. Can u not judge the sPeed of the car infront of u?
BarnshaW

22nd Mar 12 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

give over thats the worst excuse ever, of course i can judge speed and distance but how can you determine a car has stopped or braked sharply without it having any brake lights?
John

22nd Mar 12 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would have to prove the brakelights weren't working.

Not really a retard either, unless you knew they weren't working it would be really easy to go into them, even if you had been at a safe distance.
LeeM

22nd Mar 12 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if the guy who hit him can prove he had no brake lights and stopped quickly enough then liability can be put on your mate.
no brake lights but normal braking would be 50/50
Corsa_Sport21

22nd Mar 12 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Where about in my post have i said i was going to grass on him??

The 1st crash never taught him a lesson, i very much doubt this 1 will.

Losing his licence won't even teach him a lesson.

He has had the Mini for about 3 weeks, and is already trying to sell it to buy something "faster" (his words).
JordyCarter

22nd Mar 12 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Even though its not right i think the person who banged him will get the shit. It would be to hard to prove that he had no brake lights. Id love a classic mini asif hes fucking it up!
lozarus

22nd Mar 12 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

[Edited on 22-03-2012 by lozarus]
Matt L

22nd Mar 12 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
quote:

He has had the Mini for about 3 weeks, and is already trying to sell it to buy something "faster" (his words).

so hes had 2 accidents in 3 weeks?
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

22nd Mar 12 at 12:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it is possible to prove the brake lights wernt working at the time if the lamps had smashed
Corsa_Sport21

22nd Mar 12 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matt L
quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
quote:

so hes had 2 accidents in 3 weeks?

Yes.

It really is only a matter of time before he has a major accident.

A few of the bosses at work have tried to have a word with him, but he just laughs.

He isn't the type of lad with an attitude etc, quite quiet tbh. Just ever since passing his test he drives about like a maniac.

He also drives his brothers car (who also works with me) and openly admits he isn't insured to drive it.
Matt L

22nd Mar 12 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what a knob, tbh id report him for the driving with no insurance at least.

alternative option is the repeatedly hit him with a metal pole until he understands how stupid he is.

edit: also how much does he pay on insurance on his car? surely hed be a bit concerned at the fact next year it will be astronomical with having 2 accidents in 3 weeks

[Edited on 22-03-2012 by Matt L]
Corsa_Sport21

22nd Mar 12 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

His 1st accident wouldn't have been claimed for. Only his car was involved and he is still driving it about without the arch and looking pretty sorry for itself.

He is insured as a named driver with his old man as the policy holder.
Fonz
Premium Member

22nd Mar 12 at 13:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

those people saying it is the drivers fault for not leaving enough distance, i propose to you the follow situation:

your driving along a country road between two towns, at the regulated 50mph following a car with enough distance between you and him. the day is warm and bright, the sun high in the sky, the road surface in good dry condition.

now the driver in front is about to take the next left, turning off the main carriageway into side road leading to a village.
the car brakes yet has no brake lights to indicate this is the case. the driver fails to indicate with any adequate warning, leaving it until they are almost at the junction (how many of us see that all too often!)

you as the following driver, have up to lets say 50yds prior to the junction no signs that the car is 1 - slowing 2- turning...

..you find yourself catching the car infront very quickly, the gap rapidly disappearing and although leaving enough distance having had no warning your thinking time has now been delayed dramaticaly, rather than being able to react to the brake lights, it is now only occuring as your catching the car in front

without the warning (brake light), there will be no indicator of the cars intentions, as such the "thinking time" part of the braking process is dramatically delayed to a point when the distance is no longer adequate to stop in time

[Edited on 22-03-2012 by Fonz]
LeeM

22nd Mar 12 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's still portion of blame. What if it was a cyclist you rammed into, they dont have brake lights.
You're supposed to be aware of things in front of you. If the guy in front has done an emergency stop with no brake lights then you could blame him to a degree
WATSON

22nd Mar 12 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This who i think it is
Corsa_Sport21

22nd Mar 12 at 15:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably.

Green Mini...
Eddx14xe

22nd Mar 12 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If the lights have been smashed you can tell if they were working or not. If they were working, the glass gets stuck to the filament piece inside when they smas. If they weren't working, the bulb will smash and the glass will just fall onto the floor, bumper etc.
sc0ott

22nd Mar 12 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who is it?
Corsa_Sport21

22nd Mar 12 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Guy from my work.

Green Mini with monster stickers on it.
sc0ott

22nd Mar 12 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You get my text?
Corsa_Sport21

22nd Mar 12 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye, aye, and nut.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Car crash/insurance related question....... 22 database queries in 0.0151260 seconds