corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » silver corsa b 1.2 build

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author silver corsa b 1.2 build
charlie loyns

User status: Offline
11th Jun 12 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm new to this and dont really know too much about corsas so any help and advice will be much appreciated

i bought this corsa 1.2 silver a few days ago and want to do some mods to make it look nice but do not want it to look chavvy ( no ott bodykit etc )

this is how i got it

[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]

i am 15 and this is my second car, my first one was a classic mini and i spend about £2,000 on on altogether and it still never got finished because if I'm honest i didnt know what i was doing most of the time and overspent by buying the wrong parts all the time, so on the car i really could use as much help and advise as i can get, please comment what i could do to improve it, and tell me your opinions thanks in advance
corsa-vxr

11th Jun 12 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rubstrips off lower it badgeless grille set off alloys vaux ones ie sxis speedlines softstars cesaros cav slabs etcnew wingcolourcode arches bumper tops or bumper shine maybe morettes or depos etc depends what you wana do tbh
charlie loyns

11th Jun 12 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i do intend on lowerinng it and colour coding the door handles, boot handle, and remove the side ruber strip, is it a big job to romove it and how would i go about doing it? thanks
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

11th Jun 12 at 14:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

normally heat it up and use a bank card to peel it off

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
charlie loyns

11th Jun 12 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks darryl i will give that a go tomorrow

update!

so i took the damaged wing off today an managed to push the dent out

and fitted an pipercross cone filter

also used back to black on all the exterior plastics, bumper tops, arches, scuttle, roof strips, door handles, boot handle etc.

photos

[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]

wings not completely fixed but is a temporary fix to make it look beeter until i can get hold of a new one

comments please

[Edited on 11-06-2012 by charlie loyns]
Mr-SEH

11th Jun 12 at 18:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Use boot polish on black trim just a cheap one with the spounge on the end lasts for good few months and brings bumpers up like new. Back to black fades quite quick compared to boot polish
charlie loyns

11th Jun 12 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks shribaby, i did think about that before buying back to black but was worried about it damaging the bumpers, tah for letting me know, will give that a whirl next time

[Edited on 11-06-2012 by charlie loyns]
charlie loyns

11th Jun 12 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

planns for today is to de-rubstrip the sides, fit new wiper blades and clean pollish and wax

[Edited on 12-06-2012 by charlie loyns]
charlie loyns

18th Sep 12 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any ideas on some modifications? some to make it look a bit nicer, not too hard to do and reativly cheap? please help, the car hasent changed since the last picture
charlie loyns

18th Sep 12 at 14:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any ideas on some modifications? some to make it look a bit nicer, not too hard to do and reativly cheap? please help, the car hasent changed since the last picture
jrdn7

18th Sep 12 at 15:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wahay someone younger than me! haha Never thought I'd see that for a bit!

Looks a lot like my car mate. Lower it, good polish & get a rear bootlid spoiler. Maybe get rid of that ott tailpipe but if ya like it keep it, only imo!
reecegsi

18th Sep 12 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Give the engine bay a wash to clean it up a bit
charlie loyns

18th Sep 12 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jrdn7
Wahay someone younger than me! haha Never thought I'd see that for a bit!

Looks a lot like my car mate. Lower it, good polish & get a rear bootlid spoiler. Maybe get rid of that ott tailpipe but if ya like it keep it, only imo!

yeah i dont rally like the tail pipe tbh but it was on the car when i bought it and its parts og the aftermarket exhaust so cant cant it, i like the idea of lowering it but dont have much money at the moment as i have scooter insurance and finance to pay plus i dont work hahahaha, what polish would you recomend?
charlie loyns

18th Sep 12 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by reecegsi
Give the engine bay a wash to clean it up a bit

got a load of engine bay cleaning products today so think im goning to clean and back to black everything in there tomorrow will post some pics up
jrdn7

18th Sep 12 at 23:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Talk to Shaunmods about cleaning cars, I know very little about them! haha A mate owns a valeting/detailing business so he does it for me! Clay bar it too about a week after it's polished up, comes up seriously shiny!

I picked up a 40mm lowering kit for £45 off of a lad on here, Jamex shocks & Eibach springs. Keep an eye on the classifieds section, one came up fairly cheap a few weeks back.
charlie loyns

27th Sep 12 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im after some side rubstrips, but not the one like mine, like the fat ones on the sport moddels i cant find any anywere does anyone know where i can pick some up or if you have any?? cheers
SetH

27th Sep 12 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have a go at refurbing the wheels yourself.

Plenty of people on here have done DIY jobs and documented the process and products used.
Y869 SRA

27th Sep 12 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks nice that, reminds me a little of my old Star Silver 12v.
csifku

28th Sep 12 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have a look mine when i bough it and now ..

charlie loyns

28th Sep 12 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BIG UPDATE!

got a buffer today so de-badged, de rubstripped, wash and buffed it, there is a white line running accross where the rub strips used to be and wont budge so im on the look out for some of the strips of a sport type model

[img][/img]
[img][/img]

i got some clear indicators from an astra we are scrapping in collage
[img][/img]

new jbl 8" sub in the parcel shelf, better than a huge sub boxx in the boot
[img][/img]

got given a new air filter from a mate, didnt like the blue oone... an put a cold air duct in from the origianal air box and gave the engine bay a good scrub! also removed the exhaust heat shield (hated the pipe that came off it)
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]

also got given a big bore exhaust with a 5" opening! not sure if i should fit it though what do you think?
[img][/img]

pretty pleased with it so far were can i get some of the fatter side rub strips?!

[Edited on 28-09-2012 by charlie loyns]

[Edited on 28-09-2012 by charlie loyns]
CORSAguy93

28th Sep 12 at 23:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wouldnt recommend the 5" back box, i have a 4" one and its too big imo. also how are you running a car at 15 0.o
Jamie-C

28th Sep 12 at 23:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a undented wing , plus a genuine GM sport spoiler, both in star silver. Will make your car 10x better
charlie loyns

29th Sep 12 at 08:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie-C
I have a undented wing , plus a genuine GM sport spoiler, both in star silver. Will make your car 10x better

how much for the spoiler mate? an the wing? serperate prices though?
charlie loyns

29th Sep 12 at 08:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CORSAguy93
wouldnt recommend the 5" back box, i have a 4" one and its too big imo. also how are you running a car at 15 0.o

haha yeah i thort it would be too big, im not driving yet im 16 now too so driving a scooter
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

29th Sep 12 at 09:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That cold air feed wont be doing much considering the heat from the rest of the bay it needs to be enclosed to get the best out of it.

Nice little jobs you're doing, the 5" exhaust wouldn't be my taste either but if you like it then why not?

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » silver corsa b 1.2 build 23 database queries in 0.0163722 seconds