corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Spotted this on Facebook - Opinion?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Spotted this on Facebook - Opinion?
stan_the_man

User status: Offline
4th Aug 12 at 02:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Brett
Premium Member

4th Aug 12 at 04:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Baggage limits apply to everyone?
Dave

4th Aug 12 at 04:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There are loads of these posts with thousands of likes/comments on Facebook at the moment. Seen one to the Chris Moyles Show about England/Team GB and the anthem, one about a page called "Dead Baby Jokes" etc.

This one seems unlikely though, surely if a soldier is going home on leave the MOD takes care of his transport and costs?
baza31

4th Aug 12 at 07:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exactly he will put it down as an expense and will be reimbursed . Just because he is in army it doesn't mean everything is free. Also when did they start sending them home with flybe? His mother should be more concerned shes a human double of alexandr orlov off meercat advert....simples
Cavey

4th Aug 12 at 07:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's yet another made up viral bullshit thing :yawn:
RichR
Premium Member

4th Aug 12 at 07:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do troops use commercial flights? I can't ever recall any of my friends in the military coming back from Germany in anything but military transport planes-Germany being where they all seemed to have to stop for a few weeks between returning from Iraq/Afghanistan and coming back to the UK
fiestakidda

4th Aug 12 at 07:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Must have missed the small print, I would have done exactly the same to the guy. No way should we treat anyone any differently than anyone else on the flight.

Just because he was or is in the army he shouldn't be given special privileges.
LeeM

4th Aug 12 at 07:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what everyone else said. its like the ones moaning about perm players erring millions and people in the army earning £x its bollocks, its not like they signed up thinking they'd earn a million pounds, nor is it like they actually earn that much money back.
people go on about people in the army like they're some kind of super hero's, when in reality most of them couldnt get any other job.
Steve
Premium Member

4th Aug 12 at 07:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jesus wept the amount of gullible idiots there are on FB knows no bounds

http://www.facebook.com/Flybe?filter=2

frightening really
Dom

4th Aug 12 at 08:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Jesus wept the amount of gullible idiots there are on FB knows no bounds

http://www.facebook.com/Flybe?filter=2

frightening really

Have they removed their FB page? Was working a few minutes ago, now i just get redirected
Shell
Premium Member

4th Aug 12 at 09:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LeeM
what everyone else said. its like the ones moaning about perm players erring millions and people in the army earning £x its bollocks, its not like they signed up thinking they'd earn a million pounds, nor is it like they actually earn that much money back.
people go on about people in the army like they're some kind of super hero's, when in reality most of them couldnt get any other job.

Every time you write something totally ignorant like that, it convinces me more that you are probably a fairly intelligent guy but portray yourself as a moron. A lot of people in the army have a trade. It's not just your bog standard soldier going out to these places.

[Edited on 04-08-2012 by Shell]
ed

4th Aug 12 at 09:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's no secret the excess baggage in expensive. There are ways and means around it and it only takes two seconds find a freight company to transport your stuff if you need them to. Hint: the company's called 'Excess Baggage'
sc0ott

4th Aug 12 at 10:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What did he have in his bag, a tank.
RichR
Premium Member

4th Aug 12 at 10:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why was he on a commercial flight (if it is true) - AWOL?
Dave

4th Aug 12 at 10:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Assuming the story is real it was probably a domestic flight, maybe visiting relatives/flying back to where he is based etc.

He certainly wasn't flying to/from Afghan with Flybe.
richc

4th Aug 12 at 11:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Totally depends on the situation.

I know of people who have gone military to Dubai (from Iraq/Afghan) and then caught a 'civvy flight' from there to Brize norton. But, the whole plane is booked so not 'civvy' as such.

Another friend did it from Canada, and the airline went bust whilst over there 2 years ago (cannot remember the name of the company but it was when a few went under at a similar time). But then on other occasions they have flown all the way home in a military plane?
LeeM

4th Aug 12 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Shell
quote:

Every time you write something totally ignorant like that, it convinces me more that you are probably a fairly intelligent guy but portray yourself as a moron. A lot of people in the army have a trade. It's not just your bog standard soldier going out to these places.

[Edited on 04-08-2012 by Shell]

Maybe it's come out wrong, I know a few lads with trades in the army but they've got them since joining up due to a lack of other options. I also know some mongs who even the army wouldn't take.
My main point is when people spout the bullshit about them getting paid less than footballers. Usually girls who cream over actors who get paid millions per film, but they aren't crying for actors to swap wages with soldiers.
Gary
Premium Member

4th Aug 12 at 11:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agree with lee
John

4th Aug 12 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same here. There will be exceptions to the rule as always but it's people with no other option in general.
C2RL R

4th Aug 12 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is one of those subjects you have an opinion on but don't want to say anything as you get flamed. Like when I disagreed about firemen going on strike to get more money. Everyone said they deserved it because they put their lives at risk. I said they joint the fire service knowing what the job entailed and how much they earn so it's their own fault.
Dave

4th Aug 12 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by richc
Totally depends on the situation.

I know of people who have gone military to Dubai (from Iraq/Afghan) and then caught a 'civvy flight' from there to Brize norton. But, the whole plane is booked so not 'civvy' as such.

Another friend did it from Canada, and the airline went bust whilst over there 2 years ago (cannot remember the name of the company but it was when a few went under at a similar time). But then on other occasions they have flown all the way home in a military plane?

Commercial carriers do troop transport but the Army will have chartered the plane, not booked individual seats. I think Globespan used to do British military charters, not sure who does them now though.
Ben G

4th Aug 12 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by C2RL R
This is one of those subjects you have an opinion on but don't want to say anything as you get flamed. Like when I disagreed about firemen going on strike to get more money. Everyone said they deserved it because they put their lives at risk. I said they joint the fire service knowing what the job entailed and how much they earn so it's their own fault.

not allowed to say what you think these days mate. theres always some do-gooder twit who contradicts themself, as lee has said.

totally agree. he should have to pay just like any other person has to pay for excess baggage. if it's legit, then he can just claim it back from the MoD or such like.
Marc

4th Aug 12 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by C2RL R
I said they joint the fire service knowing what the job entailed and how much they earn so it's their own fault.

Like farmers, its their career choice.

mwg

4th Aug 12 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sick of these click like bull shit things on Facebook. FUCK OFF
3i_gaz

5th Aug 12 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Ditto

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Spotted this on Facebook - Opinion? 22 database queries in 0.0159049 seconds