corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » The Middle-Class?

Poll: The Middle-Class?
Middle-Class - Yes 2 (13.33%)
Middle-Class - No 13 (86.67%)

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Middle-Class?
N16K

User status: Offline
1st Dec 12 at 00:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2241079/Mother-Vickie-Robins-Quedgeley-Gloucestershire-starves-visits-Foodbank-ensure-children-eat.html

just looking for opinions on this.

[Edited on 01-12-2012 by N16K]
Eck
Premium Member

1st Dec 12 at 01:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They should be selling the house and moving in to a smaller place tbh.
Ian
Site Administrator

1st Dec 12 at 01:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

She can't afford to go to the Christmas party for a job she lost? Does she want to go?
Steve
Premium Member

1st Dec 12 at 04:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's also not actually poverty
LeeM

1st Dec 12 at 06:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if shes not eating so she can feed her kids, im afraid shes no longer middle class shes just clinging to an old life
Eck
Premium Member

1st Dec 12 at 06:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can't believe it's actually made the news tbh! If they spend most of their wage on the mortgage and recycle presents just so they can stay middle class, social services should be called in for the welfare of the kids.
Russ

1st Dec 12 at 07:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How is she middle class to begin with? I earn more and my house is worth more, I'm not middle class. You have to be on AK money IMO to be middle class.

Sorry if that statement breaks any southerners hearts
Ben G

1st Dec 12 at 09:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

middle class is a way of life rather than how much you earn imo.
Ben G

1st Dec 12 at 09:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just read the comments and a lot of people are saying it's her fault for having a £900 a month mortgage and they should move to a smaller house.

well cunts, my mortgage is £943 a month and i live in a shoebox moronic northeners i reckon.
RichR
Premium Member

1st Dec 12 at 09:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Financial situation aside, I don't see what makes her 'middle class'. Landscape Gardening and Care working are by no means bad career paths but they're not exactly the normal career path of the middle classes.

I'm not sure any aspect of the story adds up either-goin to a Christmas party for a job she no longer has but then elsewhere it says she has part time work along with her husband's 40hours a week equating to £1400 a month.she says she was too embarrassed to go to a fairly anonymous food bank but she will have the daily mail write an article with pictures?!
Steve
Premium Member

1st Dec 12 at 09:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
middle class is a way of life rather than how much you earn imo.
surely how much you earn or posses shapes yourway of life
RichR
Premium Member

1st Dec 12 at 09:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Class isn't money dependent IMO, it's as much about upbringing, schools, education, parentage and career field than physical earnings.

[Edited on 01-12-2012 by LiVe LeE]
Russ

1st Dec 12 at 09:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No Rich. Class is based on wealth. People who live in Windsor but earn 20k aren't middle class.
Russ

1st Dec 12 at 09:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like you're just trying to justify voting Tories
Dom

1st Dec 12 at 10:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
....I'm not middle class.

Peasant!
RichR
Premium Member

1st Dec 12 at 10:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
No Rich. Class is based on wealth. People who live in Windsor but earn 20k aren't middle class.

I disagree entirely-true class is something you are born into; the salary required to maintain the bravado is another thing entirely.
RichR
Premium Member

1st Dec 12 at 10:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And on that note, the keeping up with the Jones' by buying a better BMW than the neighbours and parking infront of an ever so slightly bigger mock Tudor house on a semi-rural/suburbian housing estate doesn't make someone middle class regardless of income
3CorsaMeal

1st Dec 12 at 10:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Signed up for too many monthly payment deals imo. You are fucked as soon as you lose your job.
3CorsaMeal

1st Dec 12 at 10:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep class is more than money. Would that binman that won the lotto and raced bangers in his garden be upper class.

Class is lots of things. Parents education. Things like that.
Steve
Premium Member

1st Dec 12 at 11:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Which all stems from money at somepoint
Ben G

1st Dec 12 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you said it was how much money someone earns, rather than how much past generations have earned.

if we can all live off mummy and daddys money and our grandparents inheritence, does that mean we are all middle class?
Steve
Premium Member

1st Dec 12 at 11:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah doesn't have to be based on what individuals earn but it all comes from money somewhere along the line
Ben G

1st Dec 12 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you're middle class imo.
Eck
Premium Member

1st Dec 12 at 12:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
just read the comments and a lot of people are saying it's her fault for having a £900 a month mortgage and they should move to a smaller house.

well cunts, my mortgage is £943 a month and i live in a shoebox moronic northeners i reckon.

How is that moronic? It's common sense Your house doesn't take up most of your wage Smaller house/cheaper area/less valuable house, whichever pernickety way you look at it they can fix the problems themselves.
Ben G

1st Dec 12 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it's moronic because they are saying if they downgraded house than their mortgage would be cheaper.

but their house may only be worth 150k, yet they could still have a mortgage costing £900 a month.

usually, the higher the mortgage, the more it costs. but that doesn't take into account the deposit you put down.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » The Middle-Class? 24 database queries in 0.0178850 seconds