corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Auto Beemers MPG

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Auto Beemers MPG
CORSA NUT

User status: Offline
3rd Jan 13 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right well I'm consistently getting 200 miles to a tank from the VRS even when driving like a saint which is pissing me right off. Was getting this from the RB5 which is more enjoyable to drive and I didn't hang about in it. Have the option of turning off the remap but that's just gay.

I've had offers to sell it for what I paid for it so I'm contemplating selling up and getting a diesel of sorts.

Really want a Fabia VRS again but the prices are high and only dogs or CAT cars are coming in budget. I have this itch I need to scratch for an auto Beemer such as a 530d or a 330d. BUT I've been told and seen online that the manual Vs auto mpg is massive, like 10mpg less for an auto.

Would a 320d auto be too slow obvs can remap but I won't have the spare £££ for a while .

330d manual?
Ben G

3rd Jan 13 at 18:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a 320d isn't slow, but isn't quick either. if you want something enjoyable then get the 330d (even then i bet it isn't as fun as the other cars you've had).

[Edited on 03-01-2013 by Ben G]
andys sxi
Premium Member

3rd Jan 13 at 18:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i told you ages ago that my ibiza wasnt that good on fuel

April 08 feature car
daymoon
Premium Member

3rd Jan 13 at 18:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You are right about the difference in MPG between auto and manual...

I have both 320d and 530d in manual versions and 530d is much faster even though the 320d is mapped
CORSA NUT

3rd Jan 13 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
a 320d isn't slow, but isn't quick either. if you want something enjoyable then get the 330d (even then i bet it isn't as fun as the other cars you've had).

[Edited on 03-01-2013 by Ben G]

I know dude I know

Might just buy a new age scooby and suck it up!
CORSA NUT

3rd Jan 13 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by andys sxi
i told you ages ago that my ibiza wasnt that good on fuel

You did to be fair
CORSA NUT

3rd Jan 13 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by daymoon
You are right about the difference in MPG between auto and manual...

I have both 320d and 530d in manual versions and 530d is much faster even though the 320d is mapped

What are your MPG's from both fella? Miles to a tank etc?
NovaGTE2

3rd Jan 13 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

From what I have seen and heard the 330d isnt really that great on fuel; I maybe wrong tho. I have had a 320d e46 and was quickk enough for me everyday but depends what you want or pitch it against I guess
CORSA NUT

3rd Jan 13 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm more concerned torque nowadays rather than out and out BHP and speed so just don't want it to be sluggish all the time.

This is an example that I be happy with...

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=150971341270&kw=150971341270
CORSA NUT

3rd Jan 13 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thinking about just buying this for a grand and not giving a fuck

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=140897414089&kw=140897414089
daymoon
Premium Member

3rd Jan 13 at 19:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

530D manual - now dropped to 37 ish but a lot of short journeys (7 miles to work and a lot of town driving). Wasn't hanging about though - 7 miles in 7 minutes. Can pm the route if interested.

The 320D is about 42-44 but i drive much slower in it.

Both cars for sale as well
CORSA NUT

3rd Jan 13 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's impressive for the 530d! Auto would destroy that I should imagine easy 30 or less!

Gonna have to investigate more cheers for that
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

3rd Jan 13 at 20:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your doing something wrong if your only getting 200 miles to a tank i use to get 350 even when pushing it.
CORSA NUT

3rd Jan 13 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe it's the remap I don't know it absolutely fucking flys when it picks up Almost feels like 250hp but I know the standard K3 gives up at 220 so it must be around that figure. Easily quicker than my RB5.

Might turn the remap off and see what it does then but my hearts gone now and when that happens a car has to go.

BTW on the drive home at a steady 70mph it was doing 46 MPG on the trip so it's probably the short journeys I do.
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

3rd Jan 13 at 20:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine was mapped, ko3s, fmic, sports cat/miltek back.
CORSA NUT

3rd Jan 13 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe I have a problem then? Thermostat, Lambda?
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

3rd Jan 13 at 20:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stat is cheap to replace on them. But you'd notice the low temp.
CORSA NUT

3rd Jan 13 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Last proper 'Car' was a van and we have a Diesel Qashqai so I'm used to shit warming up tempts. Might get it put on a diagnostic and see what it comes up with...
kennySRi

4th Jan 13 at 00:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I owned a 330 auto and then went to a manual 330. The MPG is a massive difference imo, was the only reason why i sold the auto tbh. I must be getting at least 7 mpg more in the manual. May not seem a lot but considering it's the exact same engine and car (petrol by the way) i think it was pointless sticking with the auto.

As for you asking about a 320d, you need something much quicker or else you're going to get bored of it. I think a 330 will still be too slow for you by the sounds of it.
Nic Barnes

4th Jan 13 at 00:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My manual 330d gets 40mpg work and back which is 8 miles there, 8 back etc. see over 50 on a run. Did 503 miles to a tank towing my corsa to pod and back on the trailer. I had it mapped ages ago, loads faster and better on fuel. 650 ish was the best I got to a tank from it in the 9 months I've owned it. Brilliant tbh. Does 60 in less than 6 seconds, faster than a good deal of hot hatches of a similar age yet does great mpg.

I don't expect anyone that's got an Internet connection to believe any of the above as I'm talking about real world every day stuff.
CORSA NUT

4th Jan 13 at 08:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks Nic that's some good info there!

Looks like I'll be looking for a manual then Kenny I don't particularly drive 'Fast' anymore but I like to know its there when I need it. Getting sick of cars ATM
pow
Premium Member

4th Jan 13 at 08:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is a massive difference, mates 528i with a manual box is constantly averaging mid 30's, that's 75% driving normally and 25% hooning, never seen anyone get that in a 528 auto (Mike B)?
kennySRi

4th Jan 13 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CORSA NUT
Thanks Nic that's some good info there!

Looks like I'll be looking for a manual then Kenny I don't particularly drive 'Fast' anymore but I like to know its there when I need it. Getting sick of cars ATM

If you are bothered about mpg i would 100% get a manual. The auto was much easie to drive but nothing beats a manual imo, i have regretted my decision to change at all.
richc

4th Jan 13 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would suggest you have something wrong with the skoda and look at getting that sorted before buying a new car?
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

4th Jan 13 at 16:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
There is a massive difference, mates 528i with a manual box is constantly averaging mid 30's, that's 75% driving normally and 25% hooning, never seen anyone get that in a 528 auto (Mike B)?

Mid 30s, that's brilliant for that car and engine.

Phil's auto managed 27 to Milton Keynes and back with the cruise set at 60. It's rarely been over 25 though, more like 21ish for general driving.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Auto Beemers MPG 23 database queries in 0.0131381 seconds